New Ground Opposition gathering momentum - The games begin...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So What your saying in effect, is that my logic in that with us using the same company who have built football stadia before that all look the same and are similar in size, of which I then Interpret from that, that our ground will be similar in looks, is way off the mark in your opinion?

I get scoffed at for telling the same story repeatedly, but it seems to be necessary to keep repeating this one.

The rarely wrong Chron reported that Athletic managing director Simon Corney, chief executive Alan Hardy and the architects, who have previously designed Shrewsbury’s new ground as well as Leigh Sports Village, will be visiting 15 new grounds built over the last five years.

They will be aiming to do this within the next 90 days, picking the best aspects from each to incorporate in their own design, but within their own budget.

The MEN reported that Simon Coney:

…. also says the ground will have character and identity.

If the company was just going to lift the Colchester plans off the drawing board, why go to these lengths?

Now it may turn out that SC has been telling porkies but, until there is evidence of that, we’ll have to see what they come up with before expressing views on the plans.

Th 90 days takes us to 9th December. As I’ve said before, patience is a virtue.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I get scoffed at for telling the same story repeatedly, but it seems to be necessary to keep repeating this one.

The rarely wrong Chron reported that Athletic managing director Simon Corney, chief executive Alan Hardy and the architects, who have previously designed Shrewsbury’s new ground as well as Leigh Sports Village, will be visiting 15 new grounds built over the last five years.

They will be aiming to do this within the next 90 days, picking the best aspects from each to incorporate in their own design, but within their own budget.

The MEN reported that Simon Coney:

…. also says the ground will have character and identity.

If the company was just going to lift the Colchester plans off the drawing board, why go to these lengths?

Now it may turn out that SC has been telling porkies but, until there is evidence of that, we’ll have to see what they come up with before expressing views on the plans.

Th 90 days takes us to 9th December. As I’ve said before, patience is a virtue.

Thanks DS. Repetition and it might sink in....

Big assumption there Diego... We shall see... People seem to get arsey when I ask for any sort of detail...which either means they are just totally trusting or have something to hide...

All we know at the moment is we will own the stadium...

Being viable from non-football activities, as was proposed for the redevelopment of BP, is the crux of the matter.

Being viable from non-football activities, as was proposed for the redevelopment of BP, is the crux of the matter.

...and until we see some proof of that I will continue to question it...

SC has stated we will own the stadium... There is a question mark over the rest...

Barry could no doubt clear this issue up....

Edited by oafc0000

...and until we see some proof of that I will continue to question it...

SC has stated we will own the stadium... There is a question mark over the rest...

BARRY could no doubt clear this issue up....

A mop and bucket,couldn't help Barry clear anything up...

We should run a book on which Ground ours will look most like when Simon Corney and Antoni Gaudí, sorry I mean Alan Hardy release the plans for our new stadium?

I wonder if Pete & Diego bet on anything other than Shrewsbury or Colchester lol

2-50 Colchester

2-50 Shrewsbury

2-4 Man Citys Reserve team running track thingy

1000/1 Arsenal Emirates

1000/1 Manchester United Old Trafford

Anymore lmao.

We should run a book on which Ground ours will look most like when Simon Corney and Antoni Gaudí, sorry I mean Alan Hardy release the plans for our new stadium?

Ah Gaudi....

Perhaps the new stadium will be Corneys own la Sagrada Família.

I wonder if Pete & Diego bet on anything other than Shrewsbury or Colchester lol

2-50 Colchester

2-50 Shrewsbury

2-4 Man Citys Reserve team running track thingy

1000/1 Arsenal Emirates

1000/1 Manchester United Old Trafford

Anymore lmao.

I believe that none of those have incorporated a Grade II Listed Building into the design, which is the declared intention of TTA to preserve Failsworth Lodge (Lancaqster Park Sports & Social Club), with its:

Flemish bond brick with slate roof. Double-depth plan with five bays and three storeys (plus basement) and smaller two-storey wings set back to either side. Stone bandat basement level. Modillion eaves cornice and blockingcourse. Central entrance approached by opposed flights ofstone steps has a six-panel door with decorative fanlight and open-pediment on pilasters. Window openings have stonesills, cambered brick arches and C20 casements (although four-pane sashes remain on the ground floor). Obtrusive fireescape stairs in front of wings. Gable chimney stacks and hipped roofs to wings which project at rear. Small two-storey addition to rear which has several blocked windows but others retaining twelve-pane sashes. Interior: ground floor muchaltered. Dogleg stair with moulded rail and boxed-inbalusters. six-panel doors and enriched mantels on upperfloors.

In other wotds it may be a bit like a poor man's Villa Park......

Gaudi my arse! B)

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

That's my point, I suppose if one has to explain the jokes it loses it's....oh, never mind.

As a footnote Rudemedic, la Sagrada Corazon on Mount Tibidabo is beautiful. The views from up there are breathtaking, you can even walk up inside the spire and view the area from underneath Christ's feet.

Anyway, I digress...