Pav and his hernia

Get him in hospital on Monday 2 November - should be back in time for home game with Colchester. :huh:

That's what I thought. Minimise the number of league matches he has to miss, so get him in straight after the Udders match , the following Saturday is FA Cup.

Get him in hospital on Monday 2 November - should be back in time for home game with Colchester. :huh:

I doubt it. I had to go look it up but for the average worker (i.e. not a professional footballer) standard advice is to be off work for 1-2 weeks you can add another week on to that before he is fit enough to do some training and probably a week on to that before he is fit enough to start a game, if we are lucky. That's 4 weeks- which puts him very close to our biggest game of the season Leeds at home. Having said that he would miss two FA cup rounds (possibly 3 games) which we may not need him for and if we wait too much longer after Hudds we run the risk of him being unavailible for some of the xmas run (and definately the Leeds game).

Its decisions like this for which DP gets paid for.

I doubt it. I had to go look it up but for the average worker (i.e. not a professional footballer) standard advice is to be off work for 1-2 weeks you can add another week on to that before he is fit enough to do some training and probably a week on to that before he is fit enough to start a game, if we are lucky. That's 4 weeks- which puts him very close to our biggest game of the season Leeds at home. Having said that he would miss two FA cup rounds (possibly 3 games) which we may not need him for and if we wait too much longer after Hudds we run the risk of him being unavailible for some of the xmas run (and definately the Leeds game).

Its decisions like this for which DP gets paid for.

But on the bright side. My boss had three different hernia operations. Never recovered and got early retirement.

Well it was bright for me.

But on the bright side. My boss had three different hernia operations. Never recovered and got early retirement.

Well it was bright for me.

:grin:

My ex-boss has been told a 6 week recovery schedule.

Due to go under the knife this week.

I'd expect a professional athlete to recover slightly quicker. 4 weeks plus a couple of games to get back in to things.

:grin:

My ex-boss has been told a 6 week recovery schedule.

Due to go under the knife this week.

I'd expect a professional athlete to recover slightly quicker. 4 weeks plus a couple of games to get back in to things.

I have to admit the £100,000 pay off for a Council employee smarted a little when they are about to lay us off at ten a dozen.

Pav, I'm afraid, is a damn good player (well I'm not afraid of that). He'll recover from this one easily enough, but he's just more injury prone than an Afghan snifferhound.

I reckon we'll be lucky to see a hundred games over five seasons from him.