Car behind the Rocky

A Jag with registration plate GK4.

I wondered if it belonged to our Shot Stopper Supreme? Then I saw a Disabled sticker in the window.

Not sure if he has arthritis or glaucoma? maybe both. Can't remeber a Latics player ever making so many routine naff mistakes? Loan for next week please DP. Was it DP that brought Jan Budtz to the Football League?

I wondered if it belonged to our Shot Stopper Supreme? Then I saw a Disabled sticker in the window.

Not sure if he has arthritis or glaucoma? maybe both. Can't remeber a Latics player ever making so many routine naff mistakes? Loan for next week please DP. Was it DP that brought Jan Budtz to the Football League?

gary kelly?

Sorry Prozac but my brother is dyspraxic (he's dyslexic as well) and I found the funny side of OS's post. Its not something to laugh at but I do think all these people who take offence at the slightest thing should relax a little.

Wow, and I had you down as the sort to brand anyone with dyslexia a lazy bastard.

Wow, and I had you down as the sort to brand anyone with dyslexia a lazy bastard.

Genuine dyslexia is serious- trust me my brother is probably smarter than me but he can't spell for toffee and he wouldn't have done half as well as he did at school and uni if it wasn't for spell-checker. Some people are genuinely dyslexic but other just use it as an excuse for being unable to spell.

Andy Rhodes had his fair share of 'Gary Sprake' moments.

Sorry Prozac but my brother is dyspraxic (he's dyslexic as well) and I found the funny side of OS's post. Its not something to laugh at but I do think all these people who take offence at the slightest thing should relax a little.

As someone who works with SEN kids and sees the daily challenges they have to overcome to even attend mainstream schools (Dyspraxia is regarded more a form of autism than dyslexia - dyslexics cannot even get a SEN statement from most local authorities these days as it is regarded as so 'common') I don't make light of anyone who has to overcome a learning or emotional disability, more so when the situation affects both me and those close to me in my personal and professional lives.

I thought the comment to be in bad taste, others found it amusing - each to their own, however I think you can guess what my reaction would have been had I overheard the comment in public.

If that makes me a slapped arse then so be it - some things just piss you off...

Edited by oafcprozac

As someone who works with SEN kids and sees the daily challenges they have to overcome to even attend mainstream schools (Dyspraxia is regarded more a form of autism than dyslexia - dyslexics cannot even get a SEN statement from most local authorities these days as it is regarded as so 'common') I don't make light of anyone who has to overcome a learning or emotional disability, more so when the situation affects both me and those close to me in my personal and professional lives.

I thought the comment to be in bad taste, others found it amusing - each to their own, however I think you can guess what my reaction would have been had I overheard the comment in public.

If that makes me a slapped arse then so be it - some things just piss you off...

I think I got a little bit of the wrong end of the stick from your original post- I thought you implied that anyone who knows someone who is dyspraxic would find that comment offensive and I wanted to make it known that I didn't find it offensive. I suppose its one of my own personal coping strategies developed after a few years of seeing worse, more depressing things than someone with dyspraxia. Genuine dyslexia should not be seen as being so common as not to require a SEN statement and I hope Oldham and surrounding areas is not one of those areas you mentioned. From my own personal experience often dyslexics can be very bright people and if they get the help they need can do very well but the genuine people unfortunately get tarred with the same brush as those people who see it as an excuse for stupidity.

I don't see you as a slapped arse (I'm not what that's a euphanism for TBH) I just wanted to make the point that whilst Yes some people will find the original comment offensive others with similar circumstances don't. As a further point in February I developed a form of dyspraxia which fortunately was correctable so I know how bad it can affect your life.

there are a lot of bad taste comments on this site

If nobody reports them, we can't act on them. The forum will allow or disapprove any comment by virtue of it's own dynamic - it's membership will decide. It's not a moderator’s cop-out either. We think we're all adult enough to realise poor form and that the community should regulate itself - the moderating staff are there to help when needed. I call it passive moderation. I admit, we have to be alert for libellous and slanderous comments, and there are a few other exceptions that we would see the team acting independently of reported complaints...

It was deemed in the past that the "heavy-handedness" of our particular style of moderation was stifling the community, plus it was difficult to determine the standards. Who are we to say what is a filtered word or not? It's very hard to establish. Should we be enforcing our social standards on the community? We try not to.

So all this is now controlled by the standards of the membership.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please don't hesitate to PM a member of staff.

If nobody reports them, we can't act on them. The forum will allow or disapprove any comment by virtue of it's own dynamic - it's membership will decide. It's not a moderator’s cop-out either. We think we're all adult enough to realise poor form and that the community should regulate itself - the moderating staff are there to help when needed. I call it passive moderation. I admit, we have to be alert for libellous and slanderous comments, and there are a few other exceptions that we would see the team acting independently of reported complaints...

It was deemed in the past that the "heavy-handedness" of our particular style of moderation was stifling the community, plus it was difficult to determine the standards. Who are we to say what is a filtered word or not? It's very hard to establish. Should we be enforcing our social standards on the community? We try not to.

So all this is now controlled by the standards of the membership.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please don't hesitate to PM a member of staff.

To be honest Rummy, I am normally a light touch modertor type person, but occaisonally think things need to be hit hard to show where the line is crossed.

I cna see why Prozac got upset seemingly at a comment by some one who minght not know the effects.

But the sensible posting between Prozac and Rudemedic gave me more information than any moderator slap down could have done.

And in true JKL/OWTB the ongoing threads are extremely illuminaitng and informative and what makes this site and Latics fans in general a cut above the rest.

So pretty spot on from me.

I think this board is fairly moderated as when someone is offended on here, the offended say they are, then a discussion goes on to clear the airs without the need to call in the mods.

I dont think OldhamSheridan typed his comment with the intent of prozac in mind. But I can see how it can be offensive and upset people who are in contact with someone suffering from it and see the difficulties it brings.

I think this board is fairly moderated as when someone is offended on here, the offended say they are, then a discussion goes on to clear the airs without the need to call in the mods.

I dont think OldhamSheridan typed his comment with the intent of prozac in mind. But I can see how it can be offensive and upset people who are in contact with someone suffering from it and see the difficulties it brings.

Just to clarify I work with Dyspraxic kids and it is my son that's having tests and assessments for this at the moment. That's why it hit a nerve.