Absolutely Shucking Fite!

A genuine goalpoacher would have scored with the chance Parker had today, therein lies a problem which the manager has not resolved since he arrived at the club.

Missed the first 5-10 mins so didn't see it, my brother said he should have at least got a shot away :(

He isn't clinical enough and he isn't the right man to play along Pav in my opinion. Not a bad player, but not really not we need right now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A genuine goalpoacher would have scored with the chance Parker had today, therein lies a problem which the manager has not resolved since he arrived at the club.

I still say we make a cheeky bid for heffernan at donny, not getting games and wants a loan move, Penney bought him at donny, would be the ideal goal sniffer alongside Pav. taylor smalley on form and these 2 up top, we would soon rise up the league goals wise...

"GOAL - The offence took place to the right of Oldham's goal and Robbie Williams brilliantly took advantage of a poorly set-up wall to give the Terriers the lead. The left-back stepped up and slammed a curling 25-yard free-kick around the wall and into 'keeper Brill's near post before running the entire length of the pitch to celebrate his first of the season with the jubilant Town supporters."

Taken from report on Town website, good freekick, poor wall. Thought Pav did ok today, although he needs someone to play alongside him. It was never going to be a classic in such poor conditions, very happy with the 3 points though. You looked well organised at the back, but where are the goals going to come from?

Sums it up for me - spot on.

If we don't hit Abbott, then we lose possession - simples :wink:

Awful conditions, awful performance, 2 awful teams, awful long-ball tactics and an awful goalkeeper cost us a very likely point. Nothing more to say about today...

Totally agree Prozac. We wouldnt have scored if we were there until midnight. I cant believe people protecting Brill, the free kick was his fault all day long. They knew exactly what to do if he stands off his post!

wish i didnt go...

Glad I did go, saw a good roses derby game, took too long getting out of the car park but I enjoyed the game. Shame we didn't win but the conditions were awful, improved when Noah took his ark off the pitch though. For periods we were the better side, Hudds moved the ball well at times but we snuffed out most of their threat. We were at times a bit one dimensional and we linger on the ball when we should be quick and quick when we should take more time.

Oops, wrong board.

We woz gash no comitment desree nd r worze dan pub pplayez that brill so iznt' and hazzzzle drops more bolax dan barrymorre.

How many shots on target did we have today?, I can't remember one.

You've summed it up perfectly for me Benny. Completely lacklustre when it came down to getting near their penalty area and having a pop on goal. Apart from a waywardly wide shot from Furman and the only real chance we had which was Abbott's shot and Blackman fluffing the rebound up, as an attacking unit we were toothless. You always knew it would be a pretty poor game, with the weather lashing around like it was, but that's all the more reason we should have got men around the edge of their area and tested the goalie.

As for their goal, I had a great view being right behind Williams as he was lining up with the free kick. Brill's main priority at a free kick in that position is 1. position a two or three man wall to totally cover that side of the goal, and 2. position himself around the centre so he can comfortably reach either side of the goal the ball is heading for. The fact he failed to do both of these properly is unforgivable, but it happens so often with worrying regularity. It was well struck, but it went through a gaping hole. Sickening really.

With a fully fit team we may be play-off material. With the patched-up chopped and changed side we have, just keeping enough distance between us and the bottom four will be the priority.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Parker bottled it a couple of times and produced his usual performance, plenty of running, but no bottle or spirit and no end product. Brill is clearly not up to the job, with yet another shoddy goal conceded - I'm not having that the free kick was anything special; their guy just hit it, without any venom or curl. We could see the gap left by the wall and Brill in the Chaddy End. Hazell was very poor with his distribution, and the midfield was none existent. I want to like Smalley, but he hardly touched the ball second half, very disapointing. I hope that Penney still has the gutless shower of sh1t locked in; cliche, but if I looked as disinterested as that lot today, I would be sacked from my job. As for the posts blaming Taylor these are laughable; he is the one player in the squad who is capable of playing in the top 2 divisions.

As a side note, notice how there was no man of the match announced? It would have been very difficult to pick one today. Even our old mate T Kettle did his best to assist us, denying Udders a definate penalty.

I'm waiting for TTA or their mouthpiece the trust to take a pop at our support again, as we filled our 3 sided ground, and a great crowd was let down by a disinterested bunch of journeymen.

must agree with you about parker he should never have been on the pitch . brill is not or ever will be a keeper while he has a hole in in his a**e ,penney is inept, as far as tactics go he is cr*p all he wants to do is justify the cr*p players he has brought in .the latics players of old have always played with passion i,ve not seen that this season yet and i do,nt think i will all season because penney has,nt got what it takes to be a latics manager .but while we have a little sh*t like hardy pulling tta strings things will never change

Buy paying nearly a £1 million for them

Those players were knocking about non league for a long time before Peterborough signed them, if anyone had spotted their talent early they could have been bought for peanuts.

e.g Boyd 109 games for Stevange.

Mackail Smith 45 games for St Albans, 54 for Arsley, 106 for Dagenham.

McLean 71 games for Aldershot, 59 for Grays.

Peterborough or any other league club didn't move for them when their fees would have been far less.

I can tell you the reason because I have worked in the game, many clubs are afraid of taking a chance on young non league players- prefering has beens and never will be's.

I have already informed Latics about a couple of forwards in non league who I'm convinced would both score 20 goals a season in in Division 1 and cost less combined than Colbeck, but will they take a chance on them - I very much doubt it.

Those players were knocking about non league for a long time before Peterborough signed them, if anyone had spotted their talent early they could have been bought for peanuts.

e.g Boyd 109 games for Stevange.

Mackail Smith 45 games for St Albans, 54 for Arsley, 106 for Dagenham.

McLean 71 games for Aldershot, 59 for Grays.

Peterborough or any other league club didn't move for them when their fees would have been far less.

I can tell you the reason because I have worked in the game, many clubs are afraid of taking a chance on young non league players- prefering has beens and never will be's.

I have already informed Latics about a couple of forwards in non league who I'm convinced would both score 20 goals a season in in Division 1 and cost less combined than Colbeck, but will they take a chance on them - I very much doubt it.

How was Colbeck today?

If new fans are to be attracted then the club has to meet them halfway and serve up something different than the woeful fayre on offer at the moment.

The mk game excepted, the home games this season have been very disappointing from a latics fans view....let's have some excitement!

The goal is a red herring,

This is as poor a team as i have seen at BP for many a year,god knows how we are going to do without Pav for a month!

That 'pefromance' today is unacceptable,its no wonder we are struggling.

These owners are taking this club nowhere,and one other point,whats up with taylor now? The guy is becoming a first rate sick note.

We should have sold him,hes WAY over rated anyway.

NOT HAPPY!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just a whacked shot, no skill in it whatsoever. Dont blame the guy though, anyone looking at past DVDs and just looking when the wall was set up and seeing where Brill was stood would have done the same - put it in the left side of the goal, even then it went into the middle of the net with our keeper AGAIN helpless

Hazell again was and is shocking - constantly giving free kicks away, poor positioning, constantly booting it nowhere or getting caught dithering.

Gregan isnt fantastic, but he does his job, he hasn't screwed up once all season, he just keeps it simple and gets it clear.

Performance wise we were poor but so were they - if we had taken care when passing and controlling we wouldve been in on goal many a time, missed :censored: in the middle though (anyone know why he was out?) whitaker is just plain awful.

that game had 0-0 all over it, but...oh wait... we give teams a goal AGAIN!! Not ONE team has played through us or played good football or scored 'good' goals this season, they have all beeen through mistakes and/or needless fouls that lead to goals.

If only we had another decent keeper(or..ahhmmm...fleming) and another decent CB alongside Gregan, we would be in the top 6....