Latics New Media Partner

Finally- its about :censored: time I was saying this :censored: 2 years ago but it has taken this long for anyone else to realise the chron is barely fit for chip wrapper nevermind promoting a club which should be looking to expand its catchment area beyond the town and you cannot buy the Chron outside of Oldham.

I can't believe anyone would be bothered about us getting coverage outside the boundaries of the town. Like, we moved about half a mile from Summit to Thornham when I was in my teens, all of a sudden I'm not in Oldham, I'm sure lots of people have gone over to Bury or further into Manc, what harm in them keeping up to date with the club through the MEN?

Finally- its about :censored: time I was saying this :censored: 2 years ago but it has taken this long for anyone else to realise the chron is barely fit for chip wrapper nevermind promoting a club which should be looking to expand its catchment area beyond the town and you cannot buy the Chron outside of Oldham.

Well why do I see it in middleton, rochdale, failsworth, saddleworth, Ashton, mossley, and marsden then?

And in selected oulets in New Moston.

My folks are able to get it from their (Rochdale) newsagents, about a mile over the border. The only reason they do so is so that my mum can nosey at other peoples house prices, and they don't have much to do with borough boundaries.

Well why do I see it in middleton, rochdale, failsworth, saddleworth, Ashton, mossley, and marsden then?

What do you do work for them? Seriously though it is very hard to buy the Chron outside of Oldham (Saddleworth and Failsworth are in Oldham as far as I'm concerned). I know where I can buy the Jewish times and the local Polish paper but outside of Oldham buying the chron- sorry not a clue where. So despite Oldham being the easiest football ground for me to get to (when I'm at my parents), I don't have a clue where the nearest shop that sells the Chron is. This has been my point all along due to the close proximity to the motorway, a large % of those people who technically live in Rochdale MBC (nevermind Tameside MBC and others) don't have the first clue of what's going on at the easiest football club for them to get to as it only appears in the Chron.

What do you do work for them? Seriously though it is very hard to buy the Chron outside of Oldham (Saddleworth and Failsworth are in Oldham as far as I'm concerned). I know where I can buy the Jewish times and the local Polish paper but outside of Oldham buying the chron- sorry not a clue where. So despite Oldham being the easiest football ground for me to get to (when I'm at my parents), I don't have a clue where the nearest shop that sells the Chron is. This has been my point all along due to the close proximity to the motorway, a large % of those people who technically live in Rochdale MBC (nevermind Tameside MBC and others) don't have the first clue of what's going on at the easiest football club for them to get to as it only appears in the Chron.

I live about 20 yards from a shop selling the Bison. And I live in Rochdale. But it's of little relevance when the new deal is with the Bison's opposition! When we lived in Oldham (admittedly many years ago now) the Advertiser went straight in the bin. Maybe it's better now - certainly the Latics reporting seems great.

2 things I was trying to say really.

1, It's untrue to say you cannot get the chronicle outside oldham.

2, I hope the 'sod the chron' attitude advocated by some on here isn't being replicated by the club. Both the chron group and MEN group should be embraced as they have different strengths.

It used to get coverage in the Football Pink.

Martin Gray has a column in the Advertiser now.

http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk/sport/fo...martins_musings

i used to like it when sean jarvis and david eyres both had columns in the advertiser. it gave you an insight of what is happening inside the club from different perspectives

i used to like it when sean jarvis and david eyres both had columns in the advertiser. it gave you an insight of what is happening inside the club from different perspectives

Yep I enjoyed that too .... Sean especially as it dealt with matters non footbal related ... how we could use that now ...........

Yep I enjoyed that too .... Sean especially as it dealt with matters non footbal related ... how we could use that now ...........

I had long thought that the Adertiser provided better Latics coverage than the Chronicle thought this has waned since Seans departure