Sorry but that was poor again today

Until they went down to 10 men we was battered, 2-0 down, could of been four or five and yet again not fashioned a chance on goal. That sending off doesn't happen and we get f*ck all from today. When they went down to ten men the response was great, attacked and attacked however the amount of dragbacks that went untouched proves again why we need a striker, imagine Porter out there today. But for the first hour it was as gash as its been for a while, we looked shaky at the back and clueless up front again. Hopefully we can kick on, fancy us to win at Walsall, as we always do, just think i've got to come to terms this is going to be a boring season, we won't go down, won't get close, and we won't go up, we won't come close.

look at the positives. we are a mid table side. i thought we were just about the better side in the first half and we've got a bit of luck like they have for their goals. we were creating chances but not putting the balls into the box. we played well today and deserved the point.

we needed this sort of luck to get us going again, KTF

Reminded me of Barnsley a few seasons back when we won 3-2 in November i think in pouring rain, bagging 2 in the last few minutes to turn it around, 2 of Crofts, Hughes & Kilkennys debut iirc.

ye i remember that game. thats the only game i have ever left before the final whistle. i left at 2-1 down saying we were never going to score

Listening on Latics World, it seems we played alright, but Colchester contained us reasonably enough, and it looked like same old story. The tunning point seemed the sending off, but also once we started playing 2 up front.

Hopefully Penny noticed this.

Until they went down to 10 men we was battered, 2-0 down, could of been four or five and yet again not fashioned a chance on goal. That sending off doesn't happen and we get f*ck all from today. When they went down to ten men the response was great, attacked and attacked however the amount of dragbacks that went untouched proves again why we need a striker, imagine Porter out there today. But for the first hour it was as gash as its been for a while, we looked shaky at the back and clueless up front again. Hopefully we can kick on, fancy us to win at Walsall, as we always do, just think i've got to come to terms this is going to be a boring season, we won't go down, won't get close, and we won't go up, we won't come close.

Didn't think we were that bad. In fact, thought we were better than we've been for a while. Yes the sending off was a turning point, but we haven't had much luck lately, so I'll take that.

Perhaps a turning point for the next few weeks??

if we played against 11 i think we would have lost by more, very poor and lack of ideas until the last 20 when we looked quite good.

if parker crossed the ball like that every week instead of always looking for a free kick, we would score more goals thats for certain

we were absolutly awefull first half wasnt remotly suprised when they went 2 up and at that point wouldnt have been suprised to see colchester run away with it. that said when the red card came we played very well we often play worse when we ae up against ten but we reacted supurble and ended up unlucky to only get a draw if we had abbot in the box for them crosses in the last ten we would have scored a good few. parker was outstanding when he came on

I know stats and commentary from Roy rarely amount to the truth, but the Beeb has us down as having 61% possession today, along with 8 shots on target, 11 off target and 13 corners. I listened to the full commentary (for once) and it sounded like we had the upper hand despite getting twice sucker punched.

ye i remember that game. thats the only game i have ever left before the final whistle. i left at 2-1 down saying we were never going to score

Oof. You missed that!?

Very much like that game, in fact it galvanised us completely leading to the 3-1 demolition of Bradford away (when they were flying high) and a few more solid performances before the fine win over Citeh in the cup. Sadly it all fell to pieces after that but a great example how small things can seemingly turn your season around.

Clearly BRF you are fishing again with your ludicrous comments, however I will humour you.

Were you actually at the match today?

We were for my money the better team from them scoring the first to half time,we enjoyed more possession than them without creating many clear cut scoring chances.

Second half after going 2-0 down we were again on top when Tierney was sent off, that galvanised us even further and I don't recall them having a meaningful attack after the sending off.

I thought overall we were the better team and deserved the three points, it would have been a gross injustice had we not equalised.

Thats our best home performance since MK Franchise by a wide margin.

I enjoyed it today, I'm glad it was a decent game as the stay aways missed an entertaining match.

Look we were awful first half, few chances but nothing special.

Picked up after the penalty & we should have knicked it at the end!

i wouldnt say we were awful but i would say that we didnt take our chances. we needed the sort of balls that were being delivered in the second half and they had abit of luck

got to blinking dissagree here They where neither here nor there,my blinking lad said we bloodywell battered them.as a blinking poor relation in this league we did pretty bloomin well against one of the top teams in this division and they have a blooming good manager as well...plus our top runting striker is injured..Crickey you'll be wanting wins next...

Although we were by no means poor before the sending off, it obviously made a big difference.

In fact, I'd have to go back to the demolition of Forest 5-0 for a game where we used the extra man that effectively.

For me, one of the most encouraging aspects of the second half today was Gregan and Rubes' sheer will to win. Never have I seen the 2 of them push forward quite so much. Hazell in particular was playing like an attacking midfielder at times!

Well done to Colbeck and Parker too for much-improved performances.

I'm not saying we didn't play well from the sending off onwards, but before it, it was gash, no sending off and we'd have lost today, and this place would have been up in arms again, no way would we have got anything from that game 11 v 11 we were uninspiring, although it was great entertainment in the last half hour, cant remember the last time i enjoyed a spell of football as much.

What does Prozac think?

I agree with Blue Pizza, we were struggling before Tierney walked, although we huffed and puffed we didn't look like scoring and Colchester could have easily been 3 or 4 up at the break, they missed 2 clear free headers and another chance went narrowly wide. Fair play to the lads for having a go against 10 men - Smalley's body language was again infuriating, head down after the first goal, didn't even appeal for the pen, head down again and only one cross in 80 minutes, Parker to play on the wing next game and Brooke to start. Brooke and Blackman were a handful with the amount of crosses coming in.

We should have won the game though, the cross with eluded everyone 3 yards out and Blackman's goalbound header which cruelly hit Brooke 3 yards out and went wide! However, it was just nice to see us have a go but even then Penney waited too long, we should have thrown caution to the wind immediately after the red, instead he waited for something to happen and got lucky with the pen. (Although it was cast iron)

Wish we had a pain in the arse like Odejayi!

Clearly BRF you are fishing again with your ludicrous comments, however I will humour you.

Were you actually at the match today?

We were for my money the better team from them scoring the first to half time,we enjoyed more possession than them without creating many clear cut scoring chances.

Second half after going 2-0 down we were again on top when Tierney was sent off, that galvanised us even further and I don't recall them having a meaningful attack after the sending off.

I thought overall we were the better team and deserved the three points, it would have been a gross injustice had we not equalised.

Thats our best home performance since MK Franchise by a wide margin.

I enjoyed it today, I'm glad it was a decent game as the stay aways missed an entertaining match.

Totally agree - we started slowly but towards the end of the first half we were playing some decent stuff and having a shot or two. The second goal was a blow given that it came so early in the second half but we still were playing far better than recent weeks.

The sending off and our subsequent reaction to it was pivotal - perhaps in our season. I loved the way that they stayed on the pitch at the end in a huddle - good team spirit which will only bode well.

There is still a long way to go but did we see the first signs of a change in approach yesterday? And as for the stats:

Posession

Oldham 61% Colchester 39%

Attempts on target

Oldham 8 Colchester 4

Attempts off target

Oldham 11 Colchester 4

Corners

Oldham 13 Colchester 5

Bring on the mighty (sic) Leeds. :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

Totally agree - we started slowly but towards the end of the first half we were playing some decent stuff and having a shot or two. The second goal was a blow given that it came so early in the second half but we still were playing far better than recent weeks.

The sending off and our subsequent reaction to it was pivotal - perhaps in our season. I loved the way that they stayed on the pitch at the end in a huddle - good team spirit which will only bode well.

There is still a long way to go but did we see the first signs of a change in approach yesterday? And as for the stats:

Posession

Oldham 61% Colchester 39%

Attempts on target

Oldham 8 Colchester 4

Attempts off target

Oldham 11 Colchester 4

Corners

Oldham 13 Colchester 5

Bring on the mighty (sic) Leeds. :wink:

Was that you on the pitch at half time who won the draw?

Heard you say you were from Reading.

I'm not saying we didn't play well from the sending off onwards, but before it, it was gash, no sending off and we'd have lost today, and this place would have been up in arms again, no way would we have got anything from that game 11 v 11 we were uninspiring, although it was great entertainment in the last half hour, cant remember the last time i enjoyed a spell of football as much.

i went predicting a 0-2 scoreline but had it stayed like that, i wouldnt have been disapointed as we played ok and they got two lucky goals.

but we got our bit of luck and hopefully it will put some belief into the players for tuesday.

theres no point picking out the negatives from what turned out to be a good game and a good performance. penney will have learnt alot from today and will hopfefully continue the last 30 mins onto tuesday