Top Posters In This Topic

Jacobson

Worthington

Holdsworth

Hazell

Abbott

Purdie

Taylor

i'll judge Penney once he's had a run with these 7 fit and in the side.

So you do not feel you should judge a manager on the depth of their squads ? Surely its once the :censored: has hit the fan is the time to see what people are made of ?

So you do not feel you should judge a manager on the depth of their squads ? Surely its once the :censored: has hit the fan is the time to see what people are made of ?

there's only one team in this league with any depth to their squad and they've just beaten us 2-0.

The difference there was paul murray who put in MOM performances every game and a goal hungry scott vernon, wasn't it?

And players with pride and passion like Ernie, Eyresey and John Eyre. Dowie also wasn't afriad to let the kids have a go to show what they can do.

Dowie also would also never let his team give up, like Penny did at Wallsall, for example.

Edited by JoeP

And players with pride and passion like Ernie, Eyresey and John Eyre. Dowie also wasn't afriad to let the kids have a go to show what they can do.

Dowie also would always have a go - he never would have settled for a 2-0 defeat when down to 10 men against Wallsall like Penny did.

Well Said.

Ohhh Johnny Eyreeeeeeee

I truly believe we're not lacking in effort (in the main) but we're just a bit :censored: both on the field and especially on the touchline...

My thoughts entirely, you have to spread the ball out wide to stretch the opposition to create chances, we need imaginary lines drawn on the pitch where either winger doesn't come inside unless he is going to retrieve the ball, so many times I have watched the wingers drifting in as far as the centre circle putting up to 6/ 8 within a 15' radius, 9 times out of 10 it is on the Lookers side because they can't hear DP telling them to pull wide to give whoever an option.......hardly rocket science is it, do the players actually respect the manager? I've never really looked at it before, that wasn't a question directed at you Prozac either.

Jacobson

Worthington

Holdsworth

Hazell

Abbott

Purdie

Taylor

I don't think you'll have that chance because five of the above are injury prone and Taylor appears to be heading the same way. Just what the idea was of signing these players I'll never understand.

make no bones about it people we're deep in the mire. Battling for 20 minutes is not enough to get points on the board. Passing backwards for 90 minutes will not create chances - another 90 odd minutes when the opposing keeper hasn't had a save to make. Not ONE effort on target. The midfield is letting us down week after week, Whitaker's too lightweight and is just not good enough and Furman has been pretty poor (Mongs apart) all season, the safe option every time sees the move break down or at least slow down. The effort is there - one or two apart but we'd rattled Leeds early doors but simply were not good enough to create anything.

15 minutes into the second half it should have been :censored: or bust from Penney instead he was his usual conservative self and we limped to yet another nil defeat. I appreciate it was Leeds but it has been the same all season.

This team, even with Pav and Taylor in it is going down!

Nothing to feel positive about tonight - ok perhaps a decent performance from Flav, :censored: looked ok at centre-back and was possibly my MOM, and Black played well. Heff looked like IF he gets anything like service he may bag one or two. But the midfield like in 93/94 will see us relegated. I hope Penney wakes up before it's too late. Worthy's not the answer, we need someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck - Any suggestions?

A little surprised re your comments on Hef Prozac, I know we have to give the lad a chance but I thought he was :censored: tonight. Usual stuff, bring a decent striker to Latics and they suffer. I bet they dread that phone call when they are not getting a game at the parent club........ the good news is someone wants you on loan for their first team, the bad news is its Oldham (career over)

Very very disappointing overall. I will get nailed for this on here but Smalley aint tough enough and doesnt want it enough........ get rid now because we have another Wolfy on our hands. Dont get me wrong because the kid has some talent (more than Wolfy), he's just a soft arse who :censored:s out everytime and for me doesn't throw himself at the ball enough.

We need Pav and Taylor fit ASAP......

Got to feel sorry for Stephens, what does he have to do to get a game? It must make him sick when he knows he is behind Whittaker!

I expected to lose to night....... its the manner of defeat that hurts. Absolutely fookin toothless!

make no bones about it people we're deep in the mire. Battling for 20 minutes is not enough to get points on the board. Passing backwards for 90 minutes will not create chances - another 90 odd minutes when the opposing keeper hasn't had a save to make. Not ONE effort on target. The midfield is letting us down week after week, Whitaker's too lightweight and is just not good enough and Furman has been pretty poor (Mongs apart) all season, the safe option every time sees the move break down or at least slow down. The effort is there - one or two apart but we'd rattled Leeds early doors but simply were not good enough to create anything.

15 minutes into the second half it should have been :censored: or bust from Penney instead he was his usual conservative self and we limped to yet another nil defeat. I appreciate it was Leeds but it has been the same all season.

This team, even with Pav and Taylor in it is going down!

Nothing to feel positive about tonight - ok perhaps a decent performance from Flav, :censored: looked ok at centre-back and was possibly my MOM, and Black played well. Heff looked like IF he gets anything like service he may bag one or two. But the midfield like in 93/94 will see us relegated. I hope Penney wakes up before it's too late. Worthy's not the answer, we need someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck - Any suggestions?

It's absolutely dreadful.

A while ago, my dad asked me expectantly whether I travelling down for the Boxing Day game against the Trannies. I said no, on the basis that, with travel, it takes up the whole day and Latics are not enjoyable to watch, and, therefore, not worth the sacrifice. I'd rather spend the time with my family.

I've never felt so unethused about Latics. I wasn't happy about the appointment of Penney but I'll always give a manager a chance. Under him, though, I don't believe we're going anywhere. Our gameplan is simply to try and nullify the opposition. It's not proving effective and it's mindnumbing to watch. If we're going to be leapfrogged by Dale, I'd prefer we went about it hell-for-leather than this way.

TTA don't give a :censored: anymore. They just want to get the Failsworth Dome up, pocket the BP money, and get the hell out of dodge.

A little surprised re your comments on Hef Prozac, I know we have to give the lad a chance but I thought he was :censored: tonight. Usual stuff, bring a decent striker to Latics and they suffer. I bet they dread that phone call when they are not getting a game at the parent club........ the good news is someone wants you on loan for their first team, the bad news is its Oldham (career over)

Very very disappointing overall. I will get nailed for this on here but Smalley aint tough enough and doesnt want it enough........ get rid now because we have another Wolfy on our hands. Dont get me wrong because the kid has some talent (more than Wolfy), he's just a soft arse who :censored:s out everytime and for me doesn't throw himself at the ball enough.

We need Pav and Taylor fit ASAP......

Got to feel sorry for Stephens, what does he have to do to get a game? It must make him sick when he knows he is behind Whittaker!

I expected to lose to night....... its the manner of defeat that hurts. Absolutely fookin toothless!

"Smalley" Only striker that tried tonight the whole show was :censored:e and wtf are we playing hoooooof ball again everything was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF or get it near the area then turn and pass it back to defence :S.

And as for parker simply bad all that pace and he can’t beat anyone, we also have this great skill of bringing strikers in some with good goal records and they fail they go to other teams and flourish.

The hole Oldham team for me leaves a bad taste I used to get excited to go watch the latics same for my dad, even if we lost we lost with pride and battled even got some tasty tackles in but now I really can’t be arsed it’s just same :censored:e diff day sometimes I don’t even know we have played as I’m not interested to check I used to watch sky sports score centre on the sky waiting for a goal or something but meh id rather watch corry :S or even I’m a celebrity get me out of here its bad so bad.

Jacobson

Worthington

Holdsworth

Hazell

Abbott

Purdie

Taylor

Quality of the majority of those players? NIL.

Team full of lower league journeymen completely out of their depth playing the most mind numbing football ever. I'd expect us to take the game to the opposition being the home team, but we didnt even try to do that in a Cup game, so not a chance we'd do it in a League game.

Woeful.

TTA don't give a :censored: anymore. They just want to get the Failsworth Dome up, pocket the BP money, and get the hell out of dodge.

Agreed. The priorities for them now should be to stay up but I can only expect to hear about this stadium in Manchester that seems to me to be rushed and done on the cheap. They came in with the right mind set but they soon realised that this town aint goin' nowhere and the club cannot be saved. Look at the team now - it's shocking (Penney has a lot to blame also for the players he brought in), were League 2 standard without the ground facilities after our social club and Lookers family stand with bar and entertaining kids were pulled down. There's no warmth around the place anymore, it used to feel like home but now it feels like a marriage on the rocks..

16 goals in 22 games says it all really.

Dowie also would also never let his team give up, like Penny did at Wallsall, for example.

Congratulations on such a contradictory post....

Dowie wasn't afraid to give kids a go...I guess, Black, Smalley and Lomax are in their late 20s and in their prime then?

Really is odd seeing our lot crapping themselves over being beaten by a team that's walking through everyone. We've got problems, yeah, but they don't lie at Penneys door!!! TTA couldn't give a :censored: whats being served up on the pitch anymore. They're going through the motions now to make Project Brassbank happen, the move to FAILSworth happen and their exit happen.

Even though Penney got a few things wrong tonight, on the whole I feel sorry for the guy with the injuries and halfpennys he's had to rub together! Magic lamp anyone???

Hooray!!! I hadn't seen this before I'd posted my identical comment!!! The "penney" is dropping all over the place. The naive, the Failsworth followers and a handful of others utterly refute this...although, some are turning now. It's not about our manager and his ability for me...he's been given mission impossible by our owners who should move over now.

FRESH MONEY, FRESH HEART, FRESH IDEAS!!!

Hooray!!! I hadn't seen this before I'd posted my identical comment!!! The "penney" is dropping all over the place. The naive, the Failsworth followers and a handful of others utterly refute this...although, some are turning now. It's not about our manager and his ability for me...he's been given mission impossible by our owners who should move over now.

I agree with that.

But what money Penneys had, hes blown it on players out of their depth at this level.

100k on two players is more than a lot of teams in this division have spent overall and they are above us (and some have soundly beaten us Walsall/Hartlepool) I have never seen a team so devoid of any quality nor any idea when going forward and that isn't just down to our disinterested owners, but our manager as well.

The club now is in a complete mess, the run of games after Norwich are huge for us. Lose a few of those and we really are in the :censored:.

Edited by Butter

I agree.

Since the drop in property prices it seems that the only way for the club to self finance it's way into a better stadium is to move from BP to the outskirts of Manchester and build some mini stadium suitable only for the 4th Div. Unfortunately TTA are not wealthy enough or willing enough to add more money to the pot so unless someone comes in willing to GIVE us £10M or so I can't see any hope in changing this outcome.

Corney has said for many yrs now that if they get the right offer for the club they are willing to sell.

Trouble is no-one is interested.

"Smalley" Only striker that tried tonight the whole show was :censored:e and wtf are we playing hoooooof ball again everything was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF or get it near the area then turn and pass it back to defence :S.

And as for parker simply bad all that pace and he can’t beat anyone, we also have this great skill of bringing strikers in some with good goal records and they fail they go to other teams and flourish.

The hole Oldham team for me leaves a bad taste I used to get excited to go watch the latics same for my dad, even if we lost we lost with pride and battled even got some tasty tackles in but now I really can’t be arsed it’s just same :censored:e diff day sometimes I don’t even know we have played as I’m not interested to check I used to watch sky sports score centre on the sky waiting for a goal or something but meh id rather watch corry :S or even I’m a celebrity get me out of here its bad so bad.

Hate to say it but couldn't agree more. I wasn't looking forward to the game tonight cos i was expecting us to lose and to probably not score,but to create so little against Leeds reserves was just horrible to watch. And i don't like to see players getting singled out for abuse but if you put in as little effort as Parker's put in for the majority of the season then you deserve all the stick you get.I know we've been unlucky with injuries but i'd expect any player to be able to pass the ball forward, and i don't think it's asking too much to see at least one shot on target. It's way too early to be calling for Penney to be sacked but the players need an almighty kick up the arse,not telling they've not done much wrong and they've been unlucky.