In/ Out  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Stay or go? the choice is yours.

• Yes for him to stay
    • No he should go

With the budget we have to work with then i think any manager would struggle, the thing that worries me though is the boring negative football and the fact that we don't seem to have goals in the side.

Fans are not being entertained and will not return until they are.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the budget we have to work with then i think any manager would struggle, the thing that worries me though is the boring negative football and the fact that we don't seem to have goals in the side.

Attack attack attack attack!!!!!

According the one of the directors, posting on this forum, this season's playing budget is much the same as last season.

Quite.

Penney has a very good managerial record in the lower leagues. I'm a million miles off thinking he should be sacked. But I do think the time has come to get the team to have a shot on target.

Edited by opinions4u

According the one of the directors, posting on this forum, this season's playing budget is much the same as last season.

Quite.

Penney has a very good managerial record in the lower leagues. I'm a million miles off thinking he should be sacked. But I do think the time has come to get the team to have a shot on target.

Lower leagues as in Conference and League Two?

Got to agree with Tangerine Dreams, the fans want a team who will attack and battle for 90 minutes and then if we still get beat at least we've given 100%. For me it is now the time to give Brooke and Eaves a chance to play together in the 1st team :grin: , as if Heffers is injured who do we play maybe Blackman but Smalley and Parker both look more like wingers.

Edited by oafcforever

if he stays the fans will vote with their feet. Enough is enough - the patience of loyal true-blues has been tested once too often and too many have lost the faith. Penny has finished what Ronnie Moore started - not understanding the identity of club and fans and bleeding the club of its soul.

If he dont or wont go I fear for the future of OAFC.

I wont be going again for the forseeable future as quite frankly have had enough after 40 loyal years.

If Penny dosnt kill off the club then Failsworth will. I can only imagine the size of crowds down there. As Colonel Kurtz says in Apocylpse Now 'the horror .. the horror ..'

I don't think some of you realise how pathetic you sound, I really kind of hope we end up with the kind of club and team some of you seem to want, Bring on Dux (he loves the club you know) and we can all sing 'We've got our football back', safe in the knowledge that he knows the identity of Oldham Athletic (whatever that may be)

I don't think some of you realise how pathetic you sound, I really kind of hope we end up with the kind of club and team some of you seem to want.

Given some of the comments you have made over the years on JKLATICS.... Jesus just wept :petesake::lol:

Edited by oafc0000

If Paul Scholes became player manager yes.

That's just really not to happen though is it?

Managers need media savvy; and "our" Paul shy's away from all that and always has done. I've not seen anything in him to suggest that he's manager material. As a coach? Then possibly; his technique as a player and the experience he has gained from 12-15 years at the top would benefit any team; but manager?

A new manager inevitably brings a small upturn in attendances whilst people decide if they like his tactics etc; but these rarely last unless success goes hand in hand.

you lot (not all - there are sane people on here, really) really are PATHETIC!!

You want him out after what....4 MONTHS???!!!! 12 WEEKS??!!!!!

The guy has a tiny budget hence has has had to sign not the greatest available ie parker, colbeck and take a chance that they will come good. Colbeck has looked decent this past 3 weeks and i think COULD be a decent player given.....TIME.

The guy has half his squad injured, has had to chop and change all year and the fact that the youngsters have to come in is good as it shows him who is and isnt up to it long term come the summer.

ok so worthy and holdsworth look like being out for the season/most of it, but he has hazell purdie abbott taylor alessandra fleming o'grady? to come back.

given that then the team would be:

flahavan

lomax (new rb come jan?)

hazell

gregan

jacobson/black

Purdie

Furman

:censored:

Taylor

Abbott

Heffernan

subs: fleming black/jacobson stephens lee whitaker colbeck smalley alessandra parker blackman steer eaves etc

not too bad a team or squad PROVIDING everyone remains fit on a majority basis so all can ge tused to each other then we will see a vast improvement. I can see us finishing 9-12th. Then come the summer he will know who is crap ie whiatker, parker (only on a year initially) lomax etc and get rid and get his own players in.

i would say the disaster signings have been parker (only done it in bits) and brill, the rest ok to great (abbott).

give him time!!! FFS!!! yes thats right, sack him, more new players, then when x gets 5 months and we aint in the top 10 he will be hounded out as well!!

If we were playing like we are with everyone fit and playing together consistently then i would be with you and worried but i know he will get it right. If you constantly had your best workers not working would you expect your company to get the same results? NO

Lay off him and get behind him, we are in the state we are budget wise so get used to it and back him, you bunch of idiotic moronic pr1cks!!!! :ranting::ranting:

Edited by shefflatic

I really can't believe some people are throwing Paul Scholes in as a serious suggestion. :lol:

Besides, haven't we already been down the road of the brilliant midfield player who looks like a genius on the pitch but can barely string a sentence together off it?

you lot (not all - there are sane people on here, really) really are PATHETIC!!

You want him out after what....4 MONTHS???!!!! 12 WEEKS??!!!!! Yes I do, regardless of the time he has been there. 1 day was 1 day too long!

The guy has a tiny budget hence has has had to sign not the greatest available ie parker, colbeck and take a chance that they will come good. Colbeck has looked decent this past 3 weeks and i think COULD be a decent player given.....TIME. A good manager shouldn't blame the budget he has to work with, and he would have known that BEFORE taking the job. No excuse for this brain dead idiot!

The guy has half his squad injured, has had to chop and change all year and the fact that the youngsters have to come in is good as it shows him who is and isnt up to it long term come the summer. Every manager has to cope with injuries. No excuse. No sympathy for the crap he serves up!

Give him time!!! FFS!!! yes thats right, sack him, more new players, then when x gets 5 months and we aint in the top 10 he will be hounded out as well!!

If we were playing like we are with everyone fit and playing together consistently then i would be with you and worried but i know he will get it right. If you constantly had your best workers not working would you expect your company to get the same results? NO - Stop being idiotic by comparing private companies/employees to football players. Massive difference, as in 99.9% of people would love to be a footballer, where no-one would actually WANT to be an architect, surveyor, accountant, office/factory worker etc!

Lay off him and get behind him, we are in the state we are budget wise so get used to it and back him, you bunch of idiotic moronic pr1cks!!!! :ranting::ranting:- Not a chance pal, this guys a dead man walking in my eyes, even more so after he stated Exeter wasn't a must win game. He is happy to see Oldham DRAW matches or even LOSE games. Simply unnacceptable in my book. Sack the tosser now before its too late. I can cope with Latics losing, providing they try. Under Penney, its never going to happen. And the legacy he left behind at Darlington is going the same way!