Are injuries a good enough excuse?

Players that could make a difference = Taylor, Abbot .

Any other injured player would not make any difference in my oppinion,

Views??

Please dont bite my head off as usual on this MB , just my opinion!

i think worthy wud provide a much needed bite in the middle. w/o i'd play hold in CM but yep he's out too.

also we shud hope (pray!) that Purdie will make a difference

Players that could make a difference = Taylor, Abbot .

Any other injured player would not make any difference in my oppinion,

Views??

Please dont bite my head off as usual on this MB , just my opinion!

No. I dont think it is. All teams have injuries.

Taylor is our only real player who can create anything/looks dangerous going forward or like he might actually do something - so him being out is a big blow, but the fact we rely so heavily on one player to create our goals is shocking.

Injuries haven't helped but are in no way an excuse for the way we have been playing.....we rely on two players for our attacking threat, Taylor and Abbott, other than that we are absolutely clueless!!!

We are in for a long hard season and the Boxing Day game against Tranmere will be a six pointer....Lose it and we will be in deep s*#t!!!

Latics have a daunting challenge ahead of them on Saturday afternoon when they face high flying Norwich City at Carrow Road, kick off 3pm.

Latics are without Lee Hills (suspended following a red card at Walsall), Jon Worthington (ankle ligaments), Andy Holdsworth (knee), Pawel Abbott (recovering from a hernia operation), Chris Taylor (hamstring), Reuben Hazell (leg), Rob Purdie (pelvis), Lewis Alessandra (leg) and :censored: (suspended following his 5th yellow card of the season against Leeds) - all of whom could have been pushing for a first team birth.

any latics fan who has a pair of boots can play today

Absolutely not. Penney has signed pish poor players. That's the problem.

Brill has lost us god knows how many points. We only have two centre halves on our books and one is now injured. Keigan Parker is a fat, little ****. Furman only plays from side to side... in his own half. Colbeck is League 2 at best. Abbott is our only striker.

We're watching the worst Latics team for many a year.

E4e

OARIP

Brill has lost us god knows how many points. We only have two centre halves on our books and one is now injured. Keigan Parker is a fat, little ****. Furman only plays from side to side... in his own half. Colbeck is League 2 at best. Abbott is our only striker.

E4e

OARIP

could,nt agree with you more,the blue shirt they put on is not just a football shirt its a religion, and it should be the players part to play in that.

To think - he let Gregan go. If he hadn't come back and impressed him who on earth would be in defence?

He let Greegs go as he was wanting top dollar like his previous contract - he was quite right to say no, Greegs realised when he sniffed elsewhere no-one would give him this and came back on our terms - good management IMO.

...but as for your second bit - if it wasnt for Greegs it would be really embarassing. Holding the strands of this team together on his own, true class - the only player (arguably with the exception of Paw) that you can say this about in this team.

E4e

OARIP

Exaclty. Terrible signings when you'd have been just as good if not better sticking a few of the kids in.

Abbott can play a bit but has no one along side him. We are missing Taylor as he's our best player. Other than that we should be fighting for every point and it is up to the manager to get this fight in his players.

People keep talking about Worthington as if he is the saviour. When he has played for us all he's done is run around getting booked and passing the ball to the opposition.

There is a reason the team that finished one place above us last season got rid of all their players ... and the reason wasn't for us to sign them.

Laughing stock.

It was ok for Sheridan in his 2nd season to cite injuries and people accepted it!

List of potential 1st teamers out yesterday...Hazell, Taylor, Abbott, Worthington, Purdie, :censored:, Holdsworth...Penneys not had chance to play his first XI once yet...till he has, people need to give it a rest!

Also players like Smalley, Whittaker and Furman need to grow some :censored:ing balls coz they're the one we're relying on to get us out of this while others are out. As for Parker, fast coming to the conclusion he's a real bad'un but he came on the cheap as nobody else wanted him...a sign of our budget! There's our lot...no squad to fall back on...Penney's had feck all to spend. And don't cite Colbeck as I'm told he's "another" Keiron Lee. And thing is, he's the one improving a little of late.

It was ok for Sheridan in his 2nd season to cite injuries and people accepted it!

List of potential 1st teamers out yesterday...Hazell, Taylor, Abbott, Worthington, Purdie, :censored:, Holdsworth...Penneys not had chance to play his first XI once yet...till he has, people need to give it a rest!

Also players like Smalley, Whittaker and Furman need to grow some :censored:ing balls coz they're the one we're relying on to get us out of this while others are out. As for Parker, fast coming to the conclusion he's a real bad'un but he came on the cheap as nobody else wanted him...a sign of our budget! There's our lot...no squad to fall back on...Penney's had feck all to spend. And don't cite Colbeck as I'm told he's "another" Keiron Lee. And thing is, he's the one improving a little of late.

one of the best posts on here ever bb...you have hit the nail smack bang on the head...

Why penney persists in playing smalley as opposed to blackman as a central striker is beyond me!

Smalley is never a striker......a winger at best, I'm hoping his present lethargic performances are down to regaining full fitness and not attitude because he has been poor.

I'll reserve judgement on penney until i've seen his first choice eleven but i'm hopeful his tactics will get more adventurous when he can field his chosen team.