if penney was sacked

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon.

Who was available a couple of days after DP was appointed.

That said, I would still give DP well in to next season to build and improve his team. Latics won't go down this season.

Gannon.

WE were never within a million miles of a chance of getting him.

He knew what calibre of clubs were after him.

One, in the top league, in Europe and challenging again.

Or a team with 3 sides to the ground and in the old 4rsd Division.

Or host of othere at a higher level.

Not that difficult.

Gannon.

WE were never within a million miles of a chance of getting him.

He knew what calibre of clubs were after him.

Well, he was a whisker away from taking the Brighton job.

One, in the top league, in Europe and challenging again.
They guy had indicated that he didn't want to move from the Stockport area where he had settled. He was available 3 days after DP was appointed. The Motherwell job come up a couple of months later.

Gannon wasn't going to leave a Stockport side in administration until they made him - they owed him £300k unless he broke his contract!

If DP hadn't been apppointed I suspect Latics would have offered Gannon the job and he would have taken it. All conjecture and what could have been though. He might have turned out crap!

Well, he was a whisker away from taking the Brighton job.

They guy had indicated that he didn't want to move from the Stockport area where he had settled. He was available 3 days after DP was appointed. The Motherwell job come up a couple of months later.

Gannon wasn't going to leave a Stockport side in administration until they made him - they owed him £300k unless he broke his contract!

If DP hadn't been apppointed I suspect Latics would have offered Gannon the job and he would have taken it. All conjecture and what could have been though. He might have turned out crap!

If it hadn't been DP, it'd have been Micky Adams. And that would have been even worse.

I hear a certain Iain Dowie is out of work :grin:

best ever season whilst watching Latics is the Dowie season for me!

the season we won the 2nd division title at the expense of wednesday was the best ever season for me...

it will never happen,dowies been here...same reason ronnie moore wouldnt get it again either

darren ferguson...he got a job yet???

I hear a certain Iain Dowie is out of work :grin:

best ever season whilst watching Latics is the Dowie season for me!

we were having this discussion on the way home about if we would have Dowie back, we all agreed. I don't think it's time for Penney yet the next 3 games will tell. But I know people arent too keen on the man but IMO Dowie was a winner who injected a winning mentality into his players. I think he can do a job at this sort of level as

the season we won the 2nd division title at the expense of wednesday was the best ever season for me...

it will never happen,dowies been here...same reason ronnie moore wouldnt get it again either

darren ferguson...he got a job yet???

as great as those days were when we won the Championship and got to Wembley, I was 5 years old when we won the League I'm nearly 24

it would'nt matter if we had the best manager in the world all good managers have money to spend, so for any latics manager to improve and make us look better he needs the owenrs to go deep into there pockets this is the only solution.

Look how good dowie was when chris moore was chairman he splashed the cash, was our greatest season exciting lots going on shame he fooked it up mr moore and maybe just for that season it was worth going into administration, as until we get a mega ritch owener latics will only decend

Why was Chris Moore such a t**t ..

He had a football club on the brink of getting into division 1 - why throw it all away!?

such a shame we was allmost there he went for it big time but ran out of cash lol :( shame was the best time i had going to watch the latics

i think penney needs more time. i am confident when people get back we will have enough to stay in the league.

as for who wecould have had. whats the point? it will only make the place even more depressed. hill is at dale and gannon is at motherwell. both are doing well. penney is at oldham. live with it.

Peter Taylor is out of a job isnt he, but there is absolutely no point in getting rid of Penney YET as we cannot afford to sack him for one and who in the right mind would want to come and manage a club which has had 3 managers in 12 months

I think we need to stick with penney and hope he can turn things around when we have a settled side ( although some of his signings leave a lot to be desired )

There's no point getting rid of him then getting someone else in and saying this new manager needs time....this could go on forever.....This club needs to move forward asap before we get totally left behind!

Peter Taylor is out of a job isnt he, but there is absolutely no point in getting rid of Penney YET as we cannot afford to sack him for one and who in the right mind would want to come and manage a club which has had 3 managers in 12 months

An unemployed manager or someone who is on less then wat we wud offer

Show some ambition and bring in someone half decent, with a bit of passion like Dowie or I hate to say this but maybe young Fergie as at least he might be able to get us the odd decent player on loan from Fergie snr and did pretty good job at Peterboro.

Edited by oafcforever

Show some ambition and bring in someone half decent, with a bit of passion like Dowie or I hate to say this but maybe young Fergie as at least he might be able to get us the odd decent player on loan from Fergie snr and did pretty good job at Peterboro.

Look, I'd quite like that Capello bloke too. He seems half decent in charge of a football team. He might be able to use his influence and get Lampard in to give us a more creative spark in the middle of the park!

Getting Darren Ferguson in would certainly show ambition. But it's not just about buying in a top manager. You need to support a manager of that type with a transfer budget and playing budget. If that's not on the table he's not going to come. So, how would you finance this?

I think Dave Penney will come good. God help us if he isn't actually given the time.

Edited by opinions4u