It's true that Norwich are a tidy side, but the way we played in the first half today was unacceptable.

If I owned the club, I would be saying this to myself: "However bad the next guy might be, he cannot be worse than the guy in charge now. I cannot let an Oldham side go out again under this manager."

Time to go. The Penney should indeed drop now.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Did you honestly expect a result from todays game?

We was not going to get a foot hold in as DP was attemptin to contain norwich soak up the pressure and hit them on counter

Give him more games

Hit them on the counter.........................are you avin a laff!!

It's true that Norwich are a tidy side, but the way we played in the first half today was unacceptable.

If I owned the club, I would be saying this to myself: "However bad the next guy might be, he cannot be worse than the guy in charge now. I cannot let an Oldham side go out again under this manager."

Time to go. The Penney should indeed drop now.

A new manager would still have to work with the same crap players that we have now seriously the likes of ferguson and mouriniho wouldn't be able to make players out of some of this lot.

The players might not be good enough but DP has got to change his style, let's go for it in games and if we lose at least we've had a go instead of all this ultra defensive stuff which is still ending up with the same result we still get beat!

Having a defensive style of play doesn't worry me too much being too defensive is an accusation which has been leveled at Capello, Mourinho, and Benitez its brought all fantastic sucess. The players themselves have got to take some responsibility once they step onto the pitch the manager can't go out their and do it for them they have to do it for the fans that pay their money for a manager who has put faith in them to put them out their anyway but most of all for themselves its their career at the end of the day do well at it and they will pick up the rewards.

We simply had no plan for how we were ever going to score a goal. I said at half time I would prefer it if we had put Gregan up front and told him to stand with his back to goal and lumped everything up to him with several people hoping to pick it up and shoot. Rubbish tactics but it would have got a goal sooner than playing keep-ball in a midfield crowded with fitter hungrier more organised and better Norwich players.

We was not going to get a foot hold in as DP was attemptin to contain norwich soak up the pressure and hit them on counter

Give him more games

I'm pretty sure the Norwich manager did not say at half time: "Careful lads, they're looking to soak up our pressure and hit us on the counter."

Instead, I reckon he would have said something along the lines of, "This one's all over bar the shouting lads."

A new manager would still have to work with the same crap players that we have now seriously the likes of ferguson and mouriniho wouldn't be able to make players out of some of this lot.

I see what you're saying - and I've never been in favour of chopping and changing managers just like that. However, for my money, the risk of sticking and giving DP more time is far greater than the risk of twisting and getting someone (anyone!) else in.

The players may not be up to much, but DP is sending them out there with no chance of winning. At the moment, the dressing room plaudits obviously go to those who knock it sideways or backwards. The way we play, you wouldn't be surprised if anyone playing a forward pass gets a bollocking, or if those who shoot get fined two weeks' wages.

I see what you're saying - and I've never been in favour of chopping and changing managers just like that. However, for my money, the risk of sticking and giving DP more time is far greater than the risk of twisting and getting someone (anyone!) else in.

The players may not be up to much, but DP is sending them out there with no chance of winning. At the moment, the dressing room plaudits obviously go to those who knock it sideways or backwards. The way we play, you wouldn't be surprised if anyone playing a forward pass gets a bollocking, or if those who shoot get fined two weeks' wages.

Thats fair enough, however, I am assuming oafc0000 didnt win the lottery, hence to all you Penney outers, I suggest you start a whipround now amongst yourselves, maybe participate in a sponsored swim/walk/run/cycle/moan etc (whatever floats your boat) and give Simon Blitz a ring when you reach 100k or so, as if anyone thinks TTA are going to fork out to pay another manager off I think they are seriously deluded.

And if (a very big if to) they did pay penney and co off, the £££ would almost certainly be taken from next years playing budget.

No, neither did Penny, either:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5751715,00.html

What exactly were we hanging on for? Another two nil defeat??

I didn't expect a result, and I didn't expect a fight for one - and I don't think I'm going to while Penny is in charge. Next time, I think he might aswell tell the team not to turn up, give the other team the points then moan about how many injuries he's got and save us all the time and money.

I'm always willing to give managers time but the situation is irresolvable with the current management set-up.

That said, it was a terrific atmosphere yesterday from out hardy bunch - well done all.

No, neither did Penny, either:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5751715,00.html

What exactly were we hanging on for? Another two nil defeat??

I didn't expect a result, and I didn't expect a fight for one - and I don't think I'm going to while Penny is in charge. Next time, I think he might aswell tell the team not to turn up, give the other team the points then moan about how many injuries he's got and save us all the time and money.

I'm always willing to give managers time but the situation is irresolvable with the current management set-up.

That said, it was a terrific atmosphere yesterday from out hardy bunch - well done all.

Says the man whose wife switched sides to go sit with the Norwich fans after 5 minutes :shock:

Says the man whose wife switched sides to go sit with the Norwich fans after 5 minutes :shock:

Something for which I think I may have been a bit responsible, apologies for that. That said, the stewards weren't half being arseholes.

My only memory of the game itself was Joe saying about thirty seconds before Hoolahan scored that they would break and score. I was both impressed with his prediction and also happy that I'd seen a goal, bearing in mind I'd somehow missed their first.

Something for which I think I may have been a bit responsible, apologies for that. That said, the stewards weren't half being arseholes.

My only memory of the game itself was Joe saying about thirty seconds before Hoolahan scored that they would break and score. I was both impressed with his prediction and also happy that I'd seen a goal, bearing in mind I'd somehow missed their first.

No worries - was good to meet you. I think the Mrs was really just trying to get out of her round at half-time.