Rumour 2

Does anyone have anything other than rumours to spread here?

If anyone "wants" to believe this, then perhaps they would be wise to check some financial background info on TTAs businesses in the US?

That would be a sensible approach.

I don't know if there is an equivalent to companies house in the US, but this story is not unlike the one a few weeks back where the accounts showed the "going concern" statement and a bunch of people had a fit over nothing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you worry. Just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

I'm probably not enjoying the current situation any more than you are, but I'm not going to use one of the Rumour threads to vindicate my position. Is your entire world view confirmed because someone in the pub told Rummy that TTA were skint?

I'm probably not enjoying the current situation any more than you are, but I'm not going to use one of the Rumour threads to vindicate my position. Is your entire world view confirmed because someone in the pub told Rummy that TTA were skint?

It isn't this. Rumours are irrelevent. The reality stares us in the face.

I think you only have to look at the three sided dump, poor football side and a future in Manchester for the answer...

To some people it marks progression... For others the begging of the end...

I am on the fence :D

Edited by oafc0000

I think you only have to look at the three sided dump, poor football side and a future in Manchester for the answer...

To some people it marks progression... For others the begging of the end...

I am on the fence :D

I witnessed the total shower of :censored: that was served up on Saturday so I am fully aware that things aren’t exactly fantastic, but I am not going to take an internet rumour thread as some sort of evidence that EVERYTHING in the world is going to Ibrox in a handcart. There is some form of hysteria going around at the minute, I just can’t be doing with it. If someone has factual information and/or a plan of action then count me in, until then I will just go on the basis that things might not turn out all that bad.

I witnessed the total shower of :censored: that was served up on Saturday so I am fully aware that things aren’t exactly fantastic, but I am not going to take an internet rumour thread as some sort of evidence that EVERYTHING in the world is going to Ibrox in a handcart. There is some form of hysteria going around at the minute, I just can’t be doing with it. If someone has factual information and/or a plan of action then count me in, until then I will just go on the basis that things might not turn out all that bad.

+1

It's like Diana all over again on here...

Edited by singe

If your waiting for facts we will already be DOOMMMEEDD! ;)

Does anyone remember during the close season, there were rumors of Dubarry et al being seen at BP.

And all to get in the papers.

I can visualise the talk after the 20th pint been drunk.

Right winner of the wildest amde up story in the Chron gets a night out paid by the lads.

2 nights if it makes it into the MEN......

THe usual supects I think....

You have more than a point lees...

BUT, if we only posted in fact... and not rumour, worry, concern... then we might as well replace this site with the BBCs website...

We all have to be careful to find the happy middle ground... Otherwise this will become JKLatics... No one wants that...

And when I say middle ground... that includes not being a happy clapper or doomonger...

Edited by oafc0000

I don't know how these rumours start, but I'd like to think that the TTA "being skint" translates as the TTA are not giving Penny another, well, penny to waste in the transfer market in January.

If this is the case, I would support them completely.

What's going on? :unsure: A rumour its part and parcel of all internet forums and when things are going wrong as they are at the moment then the rumours and innuendo spread much faster than when things are hunky dorey.

Who said it? :blink: Rummy

Why? :ph34r: Just passing on what he has heard I'm guessing, or winding people up ask him that one

Who believes it? :unsure: Lots of people. Me, I believe what I see and if TTA were skint then they would put the club up for sale a.s.a.p rather than planning for a £20million stadium development. Infact the most profitable thing TTA could do is sell the club and build houses in failsworth on the land they have bought would probably get less hassle for it too.

Is it true? :unsure: Who knows would be silly to say that this is gospel and would also be silly to dismiss it entirely as rumours that have been posted on here have in the past been proved to have some foundation to them. They have also been proved to be utter pap. Me I will believe what I see only.

What's it all about? :bobby: TTA are skint apparently?

Edited by GlossopLatic

I agree, it is only conspiracy theories. However, Im with you, until the last seat is bolted in, TTA have done nothing but keep latics afloat, which dont get me wrong, I'm grateful for.

Lets face it Chris Moore was a "hero" when he was investing thousands into an expensive squad and getting us into the playoffs, screening the game in the RRE for fans. Will TTA go the same way?

Will they deliver their promise of championship football? Doubt it!

Will they deliver their promise of entertaining football on the pitch? Definitely not on the evidence of this season, and so far they have been very poor in general on their managerial appointments

Will they deliver their promise of investing in the team? NO

Will they deliver their promise of redeveloping Boundary Park, ensuring that football is played there for at least 10 years from 2004? No.

Will they deliver their promise of a new ground at Failsworth? Based on their current track record, NO

Not one thing on that list has been delivered and one has had to be struck off and revised....

I was grateful for their rescue act, after M**res and his scumbag sister tried destroying Latics by selling off all the team at a fraction of their true value. However, we now find ourselves in a 3-sided ground with a team of journeymen who really couldn't give a damn about Latics just so long as they get paid (few exceptions being the likes of Gregan/Taylor). We have a manager who trots out the same pre & post match reports, and doesn't seem capable of trying anything new/different, to try and get the side scoring and appears happy to just watch proceedings unfold!

TTA have gone VERY VERY quiet recently, which could be an indication of an exit strategy being planned?

As for them being skint, they could well be after the Global Credit Crunch. Or they could be choosing NOT to invest more money at the moment! Big difference.

One of the problems with owtb is how many totally ridiculous rumours about Latics turn out to be absolutely spot on.

Or is that more a problem with Latics?

Feck it. I'm off to the pub.

Maybe TTA secretly log on here, read things, and then think 'thats a good idea, lets do that!'.

Who needs football manager/business acolades when they just use a message board for ideas and plans?

Edited by bensonio

They are getting ready to leg it IMHO.

IF they value the club and its fans they will sell to wardle immediately.Will it happen>? Not a cat in hells chance,they have the land and they are going to sell it ASAP.I can see another 'shedding coming here,mark my painful words.

Guest Scratch2000uk
They are getting ready to leg it IMHO.

IF they value the club and its fans they will sell to wardle immediately.Will it happen>? Not a cat in hells chance,they have the land and they are going to sell it ASAP.I can see another 'shedding coming here,mark my painful words.

Yes, sell the BP land to developers, then fail to get planning permission to build in failsworth :unsure: