Does anyone else think that without him, we'd be in a similar position to Tranmere?

i wasnt impressed with the decision to bring him back but i take that back. he is one of the only reasons we arent yet in a relegation fight.

(and im an optimist)

If we aren't in a relegation battle yet when are we?

Does anyone else think that without him, we'd be in a similar position to Tranmere?

i wasnt impressed with the decision to bring him back but i take that back. he is one of the only reasons we arent yet in a relegation fight.

(and im an optimist)

what 3 points behind oldham??

Being Devils Advocate here...and I'm a big Gregan fan...should the teams captain be doing a bit more throughout these toothless performances?

The picture of the season thus far (and we've seen it enough) is us preparing to kick off after we've conceded a(nother) goal and Gregan is stood there with his hands on his hips. Admittedly after he's rollocked Brill for yet another clanger...

We'd better believe that we're in a relegation fight. And it's also one that we don't seem to fancy.

E4e

DOWNA

What was the reason for not signing Haining? also were is he playing now?

Because Penney had no intention of signing him; he made that very clear in an interview after Will moved on; he was training with us as a favour apparently; which madehis appearances in pre-season games a tad odd.

He went on trial at Blackpool but has ended up playing in L2 for Morecombe; doing just Ok when he's played by all accounts.

Being Devils Advocate here...and I'm a big Gregan fan...should the teams captain be doing a bit more throughout these toothless performances?

The picture of the season thus far (and we've seen it enough) is us preparing to kick off after we've conceded a(nother) goal and Gregan is stood there with his hands on his hips. Admittedly after he's rollocked Brill for yet another cl

We'd better believe that we're in a relegation fight. And it's also one that we don't seem to fancy.

E4e

DOWNA

Agreed its the only thing that lets him down when he stands there after we have conceeded rollicking eveyone around. Did it again against Leeds with the first goal. gave a right roasting to :censored: right in front of the pegs. Instead he should be saying "chin up c'mon keep going". He should be roaring like Gerrard does motivating the team to keep going making them want to play for a captain and fight. Instead the strut an hands on hips comes out. Shame really

The picture of the season thus far (and we've seen it enough) is us preparing to kick off after we've conceded a(nother) goal and Gregan is stood there with his hands on his hips. Admittedly after he's rollocked Brill for yet another clanger...

E4e

DOWNA

IMO Yes!!! he should be going round that dressing room with minutes to go before doing the walk slapping faces to get the team fired up and wanting it....at the moment I've seen more fire in a waterproof match!.......the way things are these days though one of them would press charges against him for assault......someone needs to give a kick up the ar5e before they come out....more fire on the park from Gregan as well, not just tearing into players when they have dropped a bollock, I've seen the veins in Gregans neck when hes bollicking a player but I wanna see his veins when he encourages them too.......more flare Mr Gregan!!!!

IMO Yes!!! he should be going round that dressing room with minutes to go before doing the walk slapping faces to get the team fired up and wanting it....at the moment I've seen more fire in a waterproof match!.......the way things are these days though one of them would press charges against him for assault......someone needs to give a kick up the ar5e before they come out....more fire on the park from Gregan as well, not just tearing into players when they have dropped a bollock, I've seen the veins in Gregans neck when hes bollicking a player but I wanna see his veins when he encourages them too.......more flare Mr Gregan!!!!

I don't know what more he can do though he was sreeming at Whittaker and Furman to start putting a foot in in the 1st half against leeds (I could hear him from the back of the main stand) both turned around and took no notice and continued to stand off and play crap what can you do if people ignore good advice? He is doing his bit by giving everything and leading by example the other players have got to take some responsibility aswell.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I don't know what more he can do though he was sreeming at Whittaker and Furman to start putting a foot in in the 1st half against leeds (I could hear him from the back of the main stand) both turned around and took no notice and continued to stand off and play crap what can you do if people ignore good advice? He is doing his bit by giving everything and leading by example the other players have got to take some responsibility aswell.

Exbloodyactly!!

(and im an optimist)

You're not on your own there. :lol::wink:

Agree 100%.

Well Mr Hometownclub, should either of us feel like saying "I told you so" then I suppose this is the thread to do it on. If only he'd stop shouting at all the poor idiots he's made to work with...

I'd support Gregan's appointment as player manager. In fact, should Stitch not fancy the job I'll be calling for it. :imnotworthy:

Well Mr Hometownclub, should either of us feel like saying "I told you so" then I suppose this is the thread to do it on. If only he'd stop shouting at all the poor idiots he's made to work with...

I'd support Gregan's appointment as player manager. In fact, should Stitch not fancy the job I'll be calling for it. :imnotworthy:

Either way he can only work with what he gets given, a post that we have all seen a thousand and one times before.

Edit: Misuse of tense.

Edited by tangerinedreams

(and im an optimist)

for me sean gregan,s been our most consistant performer over the past 3 seasons.this season gregan and :censored: seem to be the only players with any fight.

why is it when we are not winning its because the players have no spirit or no fight?

imo they are simply not good enough - thats the problem

I agree, "no fight/don't care" is the standard cry when a team is doing badly. The reality is worse in my opinion - we're just plain :censored: (and boring to boot).

why is it when we are not winning its because the players have no spirit or no fight?

imo they are simply not good enough - thats the problem

Very true, many threads on here have gone on about Whittaker's spirit, desire, will to win.

The reality is that some of the players are clearly not good enough, Whittaker being one and Lomax definately being another, for me you can add Brill and Colbeck to that list as well.

Colbeck intertestingly has been commended on several occasions for his effort in some games but his natural ability is short of what is required at League 1 level.

Very true, many threads on here have gone on about Whittaker's spirit, desire, will to win.

The reality is that some of the players are clearly not good enough, Whittaker being one and Lomax definately being another, for me you can add Brill and Colbeck to that list as well.

Colbeck intertestingly has been commended on several occasions for his effort in some games but his natural ability is short of what is required at League 1 level.

I think Whittaker is technically a half decent player and can strike a ball pretty well when he wants to, just that he tackles like a fairy for a centre midfielder. Wellens a player who whittaker has been compared to in the past :) Was a ball player but knew that his position required him to win the ball back so he could and did put his foot in. If it was upto me I would be sending Whittaker down a gym and telling him to muscle up abit add that to his game it would help alot. I agree with you on Colbeck though he does actually try just that he is League 2 quality.

Desire and commitment aren't just the ability to go in to a 50-50 challenge its also the desire to improve your game and work hard on the training pitch on aspects of your game. Winning on saturday starts on monday.