Soooo, rumours quashed or more doubts raised?

In a nutshell, it didn't move forward much tonight other than a few things confirmed about lack of suitable sites in Oldham other than Failsworth. A couple of decent points, particularly highlighting where we stand financially as a club but on the whole not as lot we didn't already know or suspect.

So... Failsworth is happening then.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon failsworth will not happen sorry to say but i never went to the meeting because am against this move for many reason oldham will try and try harder to get a new ground but i reckon someone will take over the club soon to save the real home i may take over got the funds :grin:

In a nutshell, it didn't move forward much tonight other than a few things confirmed about lack of suitable sites in Oldham other than Failsworth. A couple of decent points, particularly highlighting where we stand financially as a club but on the whole not as lot we didn't already know or suspect.

The interesting bit for me though is the invitation for doubters of TTA motives, and those who feels they are going to take their money and run to go and speak to Simon Corney personally....... I doubt many will leave the safety of their keyboards and do this though.

Fine by me. I'm happy to go to Failsworth.

I reckon failsworth will not happen sorry to say but i never went to the meeting because am against this move for many reason oldham will try and try harder to get a new ground but i reckon someone will take over the club soon to save the real home i may take over got the funds :grin:

Well, it is that time of year. Keep waiting for Santa, or maybe the tooth fairy. <_<

The interesting bit for me though is the invitation for doubters of TTA motives, and those who feels they are going to take their money and run to go and speak to Simon Corney personally....... I doubt many will leave the safety of their keyboards and do this though.

Well yes quite. And to be honest, most people who shoot their mouth off on here simply can't be arsed going along and saying it down in the forum. Credit to those who did (BB80 for one).

Failsworth may well be happening, and yes there's not a jot the average fan who doesn't want it to can do about it in the great scheme of things, but tonight proves more people are quite happy to sit behind a keyboard and moan, bitch winge about it and not actually get their arse down to do it face to face as it were.

Like you said, an open invitiation is there for anyone who wants to chew the fat. Will anyone take him up on that? Do let us know.

Exactly - I couldn't make it tonight, but have certainly been open minded enough not to continually criticise a development that hasn't been approved yet and it would be very interesting to see how many of our "business" intellectuals on here take him up on the offer I, like you, suspect very few will!!

The funniest thing is someone suggesting Kingsway ROCHDALE MBC "OL" would be more acceptable than Failsworth OLDHAM MBC "M". Presumably the same person would go for Bacup over Failsworth?

I think SC is more of an Oldhamer than that clown.

Well yes quite. And to be honest, most people who shoot their mouth off on here simply can't be arsed going along and saying it down in the forum. Credit to those who did (BB80 for one).

Failsworth may well be happening, and yes there's not a jot the average fan who doesn't want it to can do about it in the great scheme of things, but tonight proves more people are quite happy to sit behind a keyboard and moan, bitch winge about it and not actually get their arse down to do it face to face as it were.

Like you said, an open invitiation is there for anyone who wants to chew the fat. Will anyone take him up on that? Do let us know.

Here here.

The funniest thing is someone suggesting Kingsway ROCHDALE MBC "OL" would be more acceptable than Failsworth OLDHAM MBC "M". Presumably the same person would go for Bacup over Failsworth?

Yeah that didn't make sense to me either. How can Rochdale be more Oldham than a place in Oldham?

Yeah that didn't make sense to me either. How can Rochdale be more Oldham than a place in Oldham?

I got the feeling from the person asking the question that he was asking it more mockingly of those people who complained over the postcode.

Regardless of postcode, the Kingsway site would, imho, be superb for a decent football devlopment.

Good luck to any Arabs taking over at Spotland - it's there for the taking - a perfect place for a 30,000 capacity "Rochdale Arena".

I know the points about Kingsway are on here in a joking sense, but perhaps it's a good time to point out Alan Hardy's comments about Football League rules.

Basically a club can not move outside it's metropolitan boundary, and as Rochdale already has a football club, the league would never alow another club to relocate on their "patch".

dont know about this postcode drivel but kingsway is the perfect place for a new stadium, i am not against the use of a shared stadium for oldham and rochdale apart from pathetic prejudices against sharing the ground with a rival, i cant see any reason why this wouldnt be a perfect solution for both clubs.

I know the points about Kingsway are on here in a joking sense, but perhaps it's a good time to point out Alan Hardy's comments about Football League rules.

Basically a club can not move outside it's metropolitan boundary, and as Rochdale already has a football club, the league would never alow another club to relocate on their "patch".

wouldn't that mean manchester united are breaking the rules?

I've always classed myself as neutral on the Failsworth move. I would rather stay at BP but if we have to move, I don't have strong views either way about Failsworth.

After tonight, I am more positive about the move. I fully accepted the reasons given for the other sites being rejected. All seemed valid objections.

We have to start supporting this, as it clearly is the future of the football club. I'm not saying that if it goes ahead everything is going to be rosy, but I accept that it will give us our best chance of moving the club forward.

A lot of it boils down to weather the we trust the owners. After what happened with Chris Moore, I like most will never trust any owners fully but to date, nothing has happened to suggest we shouldn't take TTA at face value so that's what we have to do.

A lot of it boils down to weather the we trust the owners. After what happened with Chris Moore, I like most will never trust any owners fully but to date, nothing has happened to suggest we shouldn't take TTA at face value so that's what we have to do.

Yeah, I think SC treated this as a meeting more to tend to that side of things. For sure, the rumours circulating that the owners are using Failsworth as their exit strategy pricked a particular nerve with him, but I think they all did a reasonable job of smoothing down those rumours.

They have been here long enough now to trust them. Yep, there is so much worse they, as owners, can do to us and the story may have been a little different had certain managers utilised their budgets better, or they made a better decision regarding the hiring and firing but they have stuck to their guns with respect of funding the running and the losses the club makes. You can't deny that.

For SC, this appeared to be more what they wanted this meeting for above anything else.

Yeah, I think SC treated this as a meeting more to tend to that side of things. For sure, the rumours circulating that the owners are using Failsworth as their exit strategy pricked a particular nerve with him, but I think they all did a reasonable job of smoothing down those rumours.

They have been here long enough now to trust them. Yep, there is so much worse they, as owners, can do to us and the story may have been a little different had certain managers utilised their budgets better, or they made a better decision regarding the hiring and firing but they have stuck to their guns with respect of funding the running and the losses the club makes. You can't deny that.

For SC, this appeared to be more what they wanted this meeting for above anything else.

i couldnt go tonight as i was working,but im happy with questions asked and responses given,after reading the main site and threads on here

in an ideal world we would all stay at bp,but the world isnt ideal anmore....im ok with failsworth,my only concern is about how the satdium looks,the facilities,and if it can make us self financing to a certain degree....i will wait for the plans before voicing anything about it.