Post match interview

Anybody want to guess DP's post match verdict.

Silly mistakes cost us....

If we'd taken our chances.....

Lads worked hard.....

I've done my best lads, cant polish a .......

Unfortunately the words change occassionally the ulimate meaning doesn't. Just not good enough.

i feel now is the best time to leave my post before it's too late..........

"What's that smell?..Sniff, sniff.

More postive, true, bull :censored:e.....my garden will be blooming with all the crap....tut..

You put the shirt on, you play your heart out....end off. Even when the results don't go for us, if I see a team that can do that then I am happy.

Currently.....................I am not HAPPY.............tut... :ranting:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......and breath..

See you at the leyton game for more same old, same old...weather permitting of course

Lads worked hard.....

Unfortunately the words change occassionally the ulimate meaning doesn't. Just not good enough.

If only his tactis were as positive as his post-match comments...

Lads worked hard.....

From the OS: Their goals came from mistakes......We had no cutting edge.... Shall we write next weeks while we're at it. How many times has our lack of cutting edge cost us and we replace Heff with a defensive midfielder - pure genius.

I am all for giving Penney time but his latest dealings in the transfer market do not address out problems, we know it and now he has virtually admitted it himself. How the hell can he expect Pav and Taylor to instantly give him back the cutting edge he talks about when they have been on the sidelines for weeks ? He knows its to early for Pav to be playing 90 minutes so he needs to get a striker in this week, if he doesnt then he is failing in his job.

"It's frustrating to be missing our big players" confessed Dave Penney after cameos from Chris Taylor and Pawel Abbott were not enough to see Athletic take anything from their trip to the North East.

more here

What he did say

Well it looks like he has them back now.. Maybe not 100% for the next game but you would imagine in a couple of games they should be back in the game. Time to prove yourself Mr Penney...

I thought a centre half was a good idea.

And we are only 3 days in to the transfer window!

Exactly. We will have been working on making these signings for a while now. We didn't decide on the 1st to sign them! We were working on keeping Heff rather than signing yet another striker. That hasn't worked out so we'll be sorting one out now (unless COG is coming back on the 16th).

From the OS: Their goals came from mistakes......We had no cutting edge.... Shall we write next weeks while we're at it. How many times has our lack of cutting edge cost us and we replace Heff with a defensive midfielder - pure genius.

have you ever considered that the deal to tie up a midfielder was done over christmas as it happened so quick....and he didnt replace heff..he went back because doncaster supposedly have a striker crisis.

a defender has been brought in because our centre backs are very close to bans and as seen yesterday you just cant stick any player in those positions

the transfer window is open until end of the month,im sure even dp can see we need someone similar to heff to play along side abbott,as well as a keeper

have you ever considered that the deal to tie up a midfielder was done over christmas as it happened so quick....and he didnt replace heff..he went back because doncaster supposedly have a striker crisis.

a defender has been brought in because our centre backs are very close to bans and as seen yesterday you just cant stick any player in those positions

the transfer window is open until end of the month,im sure even dp can see we need someone similar to heff to play along side abbott,as well as a keeper

Will DP be thinking we need someone like Heff... Or do you think he might now put his faith of Abbott returning...

Will DP be thinking we need someone like Heff... Or do you think he might now put his faith of Abbott returning...

he has had his faith in abbott all season,the problem has been getting somebody decent to play alongside him...

he only brought heff in once he realised our other strikers couldnt fill pavs boots....saw or knew what heff could do and i firmly believe if doncaster hadnt pulled him back we would have him for rest of season,and playing alongside pav and pretty much know were going to score goals.

i hope he is working his socks off trying to get heff back,or bring in someone else of the same type,because we need it.

he has had his faith in abbott all season,the problem has been getting somebody decent to play alongside him...

he only brought heff in once he realised our other strikers couldnt fill pavs boots....saw or knew what heff could do and i firmly believe if doncaster hadnt pulled him back we would have him for rest of season,and playing alongside pav and pretty much know were going to score goals.

i hope he is working his socks off trying to get heff back,or bring in someone else of the same type,because we need it.

I hope so too...

Its crunch time for DP... 8 months in the job, all summer to get ready and its gone horribly wrong... Transfer window is open and he has a chance to get things right... Do it or feck off I say...

I hope so too...

Its crunch time for DP... 8 months in the job, all summer to get ready and its gone horribly wrong... Transfer window is open and he has a chance to get things right... Do it or feck off I say...

what exactly has gone horribly wrong???

i think he said his first target was 50 points wasnt it,half way through a season and were on what 25 points...so isnt that exactly where he wanted to be???

i cant honestly believe anybody was hoping for promotion or playoffs this season,mid table at best,id be happy to finish just above the relagation places.

and lets be honest..you didnt want penny from day 1 did you

i think he said his first target was 50 points wasnt it,half way through a season and were on what 25 points...so isnt that exactly where he wanted to be???

If that is exactly what he wanted at this stage of the season then he should walk.

I think it's more likely he wanted 50 points by February as a springboard to a genuine play-off push!

what exactly has gone horribly wrong???

:blink:

:shock:

Source?

i cant honestly believe anybody was hoping for promotion or playoffs this season,mid table at best,id be happy to finish just above the relagation places.

I think the realistic aim which was set by most of the fans was mid table. I said mid table would be good, top ten would be excellent.

and lets be honest..you didnt want penny from day 1 did you

He would not have been my choice. I said it was a uninspiring appointment when it was made. They day later I said I liked what he was saying. So I would say I was firmly on the fence. I don't think I made any predications or declared his appoint would fail.

Edited by oafc0000

50 points? So Penney wanted us to be second in the table!?

Leeds are on 56 and they've only lost once.

50 points at this stage of the season would usually be top of the table.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore