Giver Upper

Self sustaining at BP is not possible without redevelopment. We will fold as it stands.

IF the Oldham Arena plans where implemented at BP then I would suggest that Self sustaining at BP would produce much more money and the land would be far more valuable.

IN fact it goes like this...IMO

Self sustaining at BP = not possible, out of business

Self sustaining at Failsworth = Conf North

Self sustaining at redveloped BP = league 1 or higher

Why not wait for the plans and then give us your opinion?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not wait for the plans and then give us your opinion?

Why can't I give an opinion on what I currently know... I will no doubt revise my current feelings as things change and we learn more...

Why don't you say this to people who are massively behind the project while having nothing to base their confidence on ?

Why can't I give an opinion on what I currently know... I will no doubt revise my current feelings as things change and we learn more...

Why don't you say this to people who are massively behind the project while having nothing to base their confidence on ?

What else is there to currently know other than

1. The club is moving to Failsworth.

2. BP is a dump.

How can this information form a basis on anything other than speculation for both sides of the argument. TTA have said some things including they want the club to be self sustaining, is that not a positive thing?

2. BP is a dump.

How can this information form a basis on anything other than speculation for both sides of the argument. TTA have said some things including they want the club to be self sustaining, is that not a positive thing?

Answer my question first... Why not say this to people backing the development based on such low amounts of information ?

Edited by oafc0000

We could become 'self-sustainable' tomorrow by cutting our wage bill. Of course this would lead to lower interest in the club, lesser income and a consequential decline in sustainable level, but that will probably be how the story eventually unfolds anyway.

Its not really "self-sustaining" that though, more self abuse :)

Answer my question first... Why not say this to people backing the development based on such low amounts of information ?

The people backing the development are basing their trust on the information they have, not making assumptions of impending doom.

The people backing the development are basing their trust on the information they have, not making assumptions of impending doom.

and you don't see the flaw in you'r argument ?

If the information is not strong enough to form an opinion that applies as much to the backer as it does the doubters surely...

2. BP is a dump.

Read it again, I've helped you 0000.

Self sustaining at BP is not possible without redevelopment. We will fold as it stands.

IF the Oldham Arena plans where implemented at BP then I would suggest that Self sustaining at BP would produce much more money and the land would be far more valuable.

IN fact it goes like this...IMO

Self sustaining at BP = not possible, out of business

Self sustaining at Failsworth = Conf North

Self sustaining at redveloped BP = league 1 or higher

How do you work out that redeveloping BP is League 1 or higher?

What can go there? Houses?

THe plans for all the amentiies are out of the window as not enough companies are interested, and no one is around to buy the club to do it.

Obviuosly if someone comes in, that is a possibility, but no- one is snifing around Oldham Athletic. They would if we were near bankrupt and the owners were desperate to sell at a huge loss, but we are not in that position.

Even the redeveloping BP to housing means that the ground has togo (otherwise no-one would buy the houses) so wher would we go?

How do you work out that redeveloping BP is League 1 or higher?

What can go there? Houses?

You have clearly forgotten the Oldham Arena proposal... My whole post centred around it...

THe plans for all the amentiies are out of the window as not enough companies are interested, and no one is around to buy the club to do it.

Obviuosly if someone comes in, that is a possibility, but no- one is snifing around Oldham Athletic. They would if we were near bankrupt and the owners were desperate to sell at a huge loss, but we are not in that position.

Even the redeveloping BP to housing means that the ground has togo (otherwise no-one would buy the houses) so wher would we go?

All disputable...

You have clearly forgotten the Oldham Arena proposal... My whole post centred around it...

All disputable...

No It is just dead int he water unless a white Knigt comes in. My whole point is centered around the fact there is no White Knight, no Arab charger or both around. Jsut the TTA, who have earned some, emphasis on some, trust so far.

So anyone who is pro, or opposes your view, is a bully :blink:

Not at all... How you get that from my post is beyond me...

Anyone who applies arguments like "you don't have enough information to form an opinion" to just one side of the argument is behaving a bit like bully.

Specially when they realise that their argument applies to all sides. It is another attempt to censor one side of the argument but let the other side run wild. Its ok to speculate if its pro ? but if it is anti then it needs to be based in absolute fact ? Sorry dosent make sense...

No It is just dead int he water unless a white Knigt comes in. My whole point is centered around the fact there is no White Knight, no Arab charger or both around. Jsut the TTA, who have earned some, emphasis on some, trust so far.

For me and others TTA have earn't no trust...

This white knight that is not coming...well that is debatable...