The catering is poor

BP is just full of moaning and negativity

Deep down, we know we cant compete financially to secure promotion

Too higher expectations

Too many :censored:ing managers!!!

Which leads to too many players

Short contracts so no rapport built up between players and fans

No signings to get excited about

We've had a few years of being spoilt with good players so the current ones seem average

Too much top quality football on TV makes you realise how :censored: league 1 players are

No patience any more in football everyone wants instant success

We have no fans

The facilities at BP are non existent

We dont have a proper home end any more

People dont like Failsworth

People dont want to move on

There is probably loads more too. Its all a bit depressing really isnt it.

Cheers for that Rummy, although I suspected that would be the answer. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the Trust should be able to see more than just the end result (they should be able to see the actual data) and give us a fan's assertion that this is all in order. Because my concern is that if Failsworth makes the best economic sense to the owners then it would be pretty easy to turn to people and say "oh that site is contaminated / too expensive / not big enough" etc. I'm not accusing the club of this, but as Mr Derek eloquently put it - this looks like it could be a sticking plaster to cover a withdrawal by the owners.

At the risk of being pulled up for guesswork (or reasoned explanations) I'd say the following on the sites rummy listed:-

Coal Pit Lane - Green belt - non starter

Higginshaw Lane Gas Works - limited road access - all single carriageway

Beal Valley - limited road access (worse than Higginshaw)

Counthill - limited road access (eve worse than beal valley)

Hollinwood - contaminated land (well, that's what we've been told, an email to someone at the council should provide an independant view?)

Ferney Field - Farmer says no

Park Road - Too small

Personally I'd have liked to see Ferney Field happen, but some people were actually moaning about the location (too near Midd) at the time, and that door seems to have closed. After that I'd have gone for Hollinwood, but that seems to be out too.

All the rest would fall down massively on road access, bar Park Road, with each being over 1 mile from the nearest dual carriageway.

Park road would barely fit a stadium, nothing else would fit on there.

At the risk of being pulled up for guesswork (or reasoned explanations) I'd say the following on the sites rummy listed:-

Coal Pit Lane - Green belt - non starter

Higginshaw Lane Gas Works - limited road access - all single carriageway

Beal Valley - limited road access (worse than Higginshaw)

Counthill - limited road access (eve worse than beal valley)

Hollinwood - contaminated land (well, that's what we've been told, an email to someone at the council should provide an independant view?)

Ferney Field - Farmer says no

Park Road - Too small

Personally I'd have liked to see Ferney Field happen, but some people were actually moaning about the location (too near Midd) at the time, and that door seems to have closed. After that I'd have gone for Hollinwood, but that seems to be out too.

All the rest would fall down massively on road access, bar Park Road, with each being over 1 mile from the nearest dual carriageway.

Park road would barely fit a stadium, nothing else would fit on there.

Interesting points...

Road access should be something that we could tap the Council for - they're always developing roads when they find a few coppers in the bank come March!

I'd be interested to see the costs to develop the road access compared to the value of the land etc. Because weren't we committed to developing the junctions nearbye when BP was to be the site of choice? Or did I dream that?

What can the trust do?

In the big scheme of things; no money and the marketing expertise of Hitler.

You're doing Hitler down. Have you never seen the Nurenberg rally? The third reich were the best marketeers going in the 30's and 40's. They were just bad decision makers, that's all.

Maybe they are not the riight questions. Personally I don't believe that forums are the right, well, forum. Can;t expect anyone to give full and accurate answers to questions thrown at them on the hoof. Submitted, thoughtful questions answered in a considered way would, I think, be more productive.

The Club has an open invitation for fans to email or send in written questions, or to arrange to visit the Club to seek information.

Just my own "guess-work".

your not too far off with most of that actually,contrary to childish responses

i think the development at bp was in the region of 80million at the time of it being announced,and that the first phase would basically pay for the rest of the ground to be developed one stand at a time.

bp worth 20 million i think,from the forum the other month,but thats without a football ground on it.

the council simply wouldnt sanction the development they wanted at bp which included hotel and that.

failsworth is pretty much a blank canvass,and ammenaties mentioned have been

cinem

bowling

eateries

hotel

conferencing

park and ride scheme

community pitches and other facilities

I think it's primarily the football. We have a manager who has bought a load of talentless, disinterested Fourth division footballers and plays cr@p tactics with them.

Factors such as the ground, TTA, facilities at Boundary Park etc, we can only guess at what is happening due to the lack of communication from the club. It's hard to imagine people who worry about them would see them as a reason to stop going to matches if we were top of the league.

We had the same concerns last season, but 6,500 Latics fans were still interested enough to turn up to see Joe Royle's return. Attendances then started dropping again and the reason for that was, I would imagine, because of the football.

Edited by JoeP

At times OWTB seems like a willy waving contest of those who proclaim their lack of interest/attendance :grin:

You couldn't be more wrong.

I'd love nothing more than to still get a buzz from watching Latics, and still have the passion I have had all my life. But I cannot do it, I have lost interest this season, especially the last 3/4 months.

I used to work all week just looking forward to the Saturday 3pm games and wake up on the Saturday with a spring in my step at going watching my footballing gods. Unfortunately, this season (bar Orient and MK Dons), the biggest excitement I've got from a matchday experience is trying to guess the names of Eddie Stobart lorries on the way to another long distance, pitiful defeat.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I'd love nothing more than to still get a buzz from watching Latics, and still have the passion I have had all my life. But I cannot do it, I have lost interest this season, especially the last 3/4 months.

I used to work all week just looking forward to the Saturday 3pm games and wake up on the Saturday with a spring in my step at going watching my footballing gods. Unfortunately, this season (bar Orient and MK Dons), the biggest excitement I've got from a matchday experience is trying to guess the names of Eddie Stobart lorries on the way to another long distance, pitiful defeat.

Come on Paddy, you can't miss the crack with the lads. We're Oldham Athletic not Real Madird .

your not too far off with most of that actually,contrary to childish responses

Source...

If someone wants to answer his questions with the real answers then go for it. No problem with that. Reals guess work though is hardly what he was after.

the council simply wouldnt sanction the development they wanted at bp which included hotel and that.

:blink::shock:

Planning permission was granted...

Edited by oafc0000

Source...

If someone wants to answer his questions with the real answers then go for it. No problem with that. Reals guess work though is hardly what he was after.

:blink::shock:

Planning permission was granted...

outline planning permission was granted on the previso we took the flats from 6 stoery to 4,at the second attempt....

outline isnt full planning permission,the club had to submit final plans for the bp development within 18 months or have to reapply again.

the council at the time,didnt like the idea of the club building cinema bowling and all that jazz as they had earmarked the market and indoor market as a redevelopment oppertunity to give oldhamers those very things.

Source...

DLV doesn't seem to have a problem with it. What makes you think that you can speak for what someone else wants?

:disappointed:

There are many reasons why I think people have lost the faith:

BP is a :censored: hole

There is no atmosphere at games

The catering is poor

BP is just full of moaning and negativity

Deep down, we know we cant compete financially to secure promotion

Too higher expectations

Too many :censored:ing managers!!!

Which leads to too many players

Short contracts so no rapport built up between players and fans

No signings to get excited about

We've had a few years of being spoilt with good players so the current ones seem average

Too much top quality football on TV makes you realise how :censored: league 1 players are

No patience any more in football everyone wants instant success

We have no fans

The facilities at BP are non existent

We dont have a proper home end any more

People dont like Failsworth

People dont want to move on

There is probably loads more too. Its all a bit depressing really isnt it.

Know what you mean 40 years of travelling for that rubbish

Still trying to get new supporters from down here

It's hard with the above happening

outline planning permission was granted on the previso we took the flats from 6 stoery to 4,at the second attempt....

outline isnt full planning permission,the club had to submit final plans for the bp development within 18 months or have to reapply again.

the council at the time,didnt like the idea of the club building cinema bowling and all that jazz as they had earmarked the market and indoor market as a redevelopment oppertunity to give oldhamers those very things.

Why suggest we did not get permission for hotel when we did...

Why suggest we did not get permission for hotel when we did...

the outline planning permission was for the first phase which was basically the new main stand which was goping to pay for the rest of the development with the first phase of flats being built behind the rre

the hotel was to be in phase 2 when the chaddy end was to be redeveloped with the hotel forming part of that and linking to the new main stand.

but it was outline and not full permission.

Edited by edhunteruk

the outline planning permission was for the first phase which was basically the new main stand which was goping to pay for the rest of the development with the first phase of flats being built behind the rre

the hotel was to be in phase 2 when the chaddy end was to be redeveloped with the hotel forming part of that and linking to the new main stand.

but it was outline and not full permission.

your confused... Full was given for main stand and outline for the rest. The club only asked for outline. We got everything we asked for.