Giver Upper

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is I don't have time to look through all the nuances of the applications and options. However, a fans' representative on the board should have the info brought to him and would be duty-bound to familiarise himself with it - so that there are no half-truths or assumptions.

What I am trying to get at is illustrated perfectly herein - nobody knows exactly where Latics stand at the moment, and we are in the midst of what could be one of the most momentous events in our history. Significant suspicion surrounds the Failsworth site and we really need someone trustworthy to look at the info and give everyone the balanced picture; in short we need the Trust to step up to the mark and actually give the fans all the info. If Failsworth were the club's last option and the alternative was oblivion then no Latics fan would vote against the move - we just need persuading!

My interest has gone. I'd done all the games up until the Wycombe game and then I just decided I wasnt wasting my time on them. I've sold my season ticket and have signed up to play on Saturday's.

I think you're talking crap, who in their right mind has bought your season ticket off you?

hi Rummy, that is very interesting, and clear reasons why. Though not unexpected.

I detected an anti Failsworth tone from you, despite & since that email from AH, what has failed to convicne you?

Or what do you think can be done if the options are: stay and wither or move into the unknown?

I am not a blindinginly bckaing Failwsorth, it is an obvious risk, but cannot see many other options.

Well let me see, oh yeh a fan of the club.

And you are suggesting the average fan of the club is in their right mind :blink::grin::lol: Most of us should be declared mentality ill and unfit to operate within society :lol: Watching this garbage for so bloody long is nothing short of madness :) I got better this year but after a small return to madness for the Exeter game I am now fearing a return to a full on breakdown :D

Edited by oafc0000

hi Rummy, that is very interesting, and clear reasons why. Though not unexpected.

I detected an anti Failsworth tone from you, despite & since that email from AH, what has failed to convicne you?

Or what do you think can be done if the options are: stay and wither or move into the unknown?

I am not a blindinginly bckaing Failwsorth, it is an obvious risk, but cannot see many other options.

I think every Anti-Failsworther realises that this is it: Failsworth is going to happen. There's not much point discussing alternatives. There aren't any, for a number of different reasons.

I think every Anti-Failsworther realises that this is it: Failsworth is going to happen. There's not much point discussing alternatives. There aren't any, for a number of different reasons.

Yup I think that is true for the majority of people with fears, concerns or just dead against it. Just because there is only one alternative to BP on the table dose not mean you automatically should fall in line and say, yeah lets go for it.

I think there is a alternative though. Stick at BP, TTA put us up for sale and take our chances. Land + Planning permission may get interest. I don't buy all this we are ready to listen to any offer. The club is either for sale or it is not and currently I would suggest most people would view the club as not being for sale from the outside world.

Edited by oafc0000

I think there is a alternative though. Stick at BP, TTA put us up for sale and take our chances.

In the true sense of the word, there are alternatives. But in realistic terms, it's Failsworth or bust. Quite literally.

In the true sense of the word, there are alternatives. But in realistic terms, it's Failsworth or bust. Quite literally.

While TTA are in charge it would appear so....

I do hope Failsworth works out but I have heard nothing about the new development which excites me. Only fears :(

While TTA are in charge it would appear so....

I do hope Failsworth works out but I have heard nothing about the new development which excites me. Only fears :(

I've heard in all the stands you can get a beer and put a bet on, so chin up.

Yup I think that is true for the majority of people with fears, concerns or just dead against it. Just because there is only one alternative to BP on the table dose not mean you automatically should fall in line and say, yeah lets go for it.

I think there is a alternative though. Stick at BP, TTA put us up for sale and take our chances. Land + Planning permission may get interest. I don't buy all this we are ready to listen to any offer. The club is either for sale or it is not and currently I would suggest most people would view the club as not being for sale from the outside world.

I think that you are right [that is the only other option], but IMHO that is a far, far bigger risk than the TTA move to Failsworth.

Compared:

Failsworth has a plan for self sutainability

An investment program

A committed team from TTA, and council

The relationships already built to drive forward

THe agreemtns in place

A change in owners before the stadium is built, would set everything back years, and in Corps word consign us to lower leagues for at least a decade, IMHO.

EDIT

Having said that, there is one more option.

Do a Stockport, Live within our means, and settle in Conf North.

Edited by singe

:mmm:

As a result of you no longer attending BP, will you now not spend as many pounds in his pub than what he paid you for the ticket?

and, he got such a good discount that he sold it on.....

Lets do a poll.

Option 1 Lee Sinnot is so digusted with the football on offer he "ripped up his ticket" selling it very cheaply

Option 2 Lee Sinnot needed the money and sold his ticket very cheaply

Which as corp would say would assign us to a life in the lower divisions...

Not really

Self sustaining at BP= no other income, so Conf North

Self sustaining at Failsworth is mroe money, so chance of LEague 1 or higher (with noguarantees)

Not really

Self sustaining at BP= no other income, so Conf North

Self sustaining at Failsworth is mroe money, so chance of LEague 1 or higher (with noguarantees)

Self sustaining at BP is not possible without redevelopment. We will fold as it stands.

IF the Oldham Arena plans where implemented at BP then I would suggest that Self sustaining at BP would produce much more money and the land would be far more valuable.

IN fact it goes like this...IMO

Self sustaining at BP = not possible, out of business

Self sustaining at Failsworth = Conf North

Self sustaining at redveloped BP = league 1 or higher

Edited by oafc0000