Enforced Break

How are people feeling about our mid season break?

Has the lack of latics games whetted the appetite to see a match OR.............................

will some of our 'waverers' have now been convinced that they don't need or miss latics at all?

Myself personally, i'm itching to get back into the routine ( or am i just being sadistic? )

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the lack of latics games whetted the appetite to see a match OR.............................

will some of our 'waverers' have now been convinced that they don't need or miss latics at all?

Myself personally, i'm itching to get back into the routine ( or am i just being sadistic? )

Sadly realised that life does goes on without Oldham Athletic and may find it hard to get to as many games as I would... I have managed to do a few things that I have been meaning to do for ages and just havent gotten round to..

I must admit, while I have stated many reasons for why I stopped going one of the biggest reasons why I find it hard to come back is moving out of the town makes it far more expensive / time consuming to make the games...

Come Saturday its train + bus + taxi + £20 + cold + boredom + sadness + walk + bus + train + loss time with family = :censored: compared to "Do something else with family" = happy...

A break has not effected this one way or the other...

Edited by oafc0000

The enforced break has made me think am i really arsed to be honest.

I havent missed it much there was a bit of annoyance on saturday about 1 o'clock but at the moment im not too botherd.

Ill be there at county or when ever we next play at home but at the mo latics isnt really that exciting a prospect - i look forward to have the craic more

The enforced break has made me think am i really arsed to be honest.

I havent missed it much there was a bit of annoyance on saturday about 1 o'clock but at the moment im not too botherd.

Ill be there at county or when ever we next play at home but at the mo latics isnt really that exciting a prospect - i look forward to have the craic more

i was looking forward to going to the last home game...dont know why i just felt strangely optimistic about it,maybe the weather has done us a big big favour,and we can get these injuries sorted out whilst other teams are still playing,least our players should be fresh so to speak.

hopefully were not done in the transfer market either so things could begin to look up for a change...

A mid-season (winter break) is normal in Germany. It makes some sense to. St Pauli of the second division playesd Schalke who are second in the Bundesliga last week and beat them 2-0 in a friendly arranged before the second half of the season kicks in. It's not a bad idea when the weather is marmite

Glad off the break, gives us more games with are better players back.

Also, gives you something to look forward to on a tuesday/wednesday night! (for me anyway!)

Come Saturday its train + bus + taxi + £20 + cold + boredom + sadness + walk + bus + train + loss time with family = :censored: compared to "Do something else with family" = happy...

You're crap at maths. You forgot to carry the bleakness.

Me? Yeah, a break's been nice, and being someone with absolutely awful short-term memory I've forgotten about how rubbish we were so far this season and looking forward to seeing us back.

Me? Yeah, a break's been nice, and being someone with absolutely awful short-term memory I've forgotten about how rubbish we were so far this season and looking forward to seeing us back.

Well just to remind you: 'Athletic’s own recent record is also poor, bringing only one win in the last nine league games.'

Having said that - I am confident that we can turn this around and confidently expect us to make the play-offs. :getmecoat:

Me too! Only live football I've seen in over a month has been Man Ure/Wigan - Wigan were that bad I came away with renewed optimism regarding our plight, yes we're :censored:e, yes we give up after scoring a second goal/going a goal down but there's players coming back and we've got a MASSIVE month coming up, playing Stockport and the Bin Dippers twice we could be firmly entrenched in a relegation battle come the middle of next month or we could be blowing kisses and waving at the bottom four from the relative comfort of mid-table. It has been better since we beat Orient so let's build on that. The worries the players had over form etc... a few weeks ago may have disappeared during a period in which we have played twice in five weeks.

Looking forward to Stockport - bring it on!

... there's players coming back and we've got a MASSIVE month coming up, playing Stockport and the Bin Dippers twice we could be firmly entrenched in a relegation battle come the middle of next month or we could be blowing kisses and waving at the bottom four from the relative comfort of mid-table. It has been better since we beat Orient so let's build on that. The worries the players had over form etc... a few weeks ago may have disappeared during a period in which we have played twice in five weeks.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Dale Stephens says:

“We have had a lack of games but this has been a great week’s training, to be honest, I am feeling sharp and ready to go.”

Looking forward to Stockport - bring it on!

The Chron also says:

The chances of Stockport County’s Edgeley Park pitch being fit for action on Saturday have yet to improve.

“The covers are on but they are frozen to the pitch,” said a County spokesperson. “We are waiting for the promised thaw but at this stage, it is unplayable.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-to-grab-chance

You laugh, but I know of three OWTB regulars who were in there living it up the other week (four including myself).

I won't mention names, as I don't think it would be fair on LeesLover, Jorvik Latic and maddog.....

I was chatting to Maddog and Jorvik in there a couple of week back :grin: