O'Grady leaves permanently

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to sign for Dale, good luck big fella never got a chance here! SMS

I wonder if there is something more too it?

Like his attitude or his efforts in training?

3 managers have overlooked him.

Yes he may not be good enough for this level but he barely had chance to prove it

Well done latics for releasing a striker who has scored more goals than ours this season

From his point of view I can see why he has wanted to stay at Dale

Choice A ) Come back sit on the bench maybe start a game , first chance missed " O Grady your :censored:e fk off back to dale"

Choice B ) Cheered by the Dale fans and continue scoring from great service, potential automatic promotion or playoffs"

I doubt we have seen the back of him

Unless we go down and they come up of course

Edited by razza699

I think it's simply a case that during his time at Oldham he never quite showed enough in training or the relatively few games he had that he could make the step up to League One, which was the expectation (hope) when he signed.

I wish him well with Dale, and maybe he'll prove three Oldham managers wrong next season...

Good luck, COG...his move here was a poor one for all parties (except Rotherham), glad we've recouped some of the money we spent on him and he can go off and enjoy his football at somewhere he wants to be. If they go up then maybe we'll see if he does cut it at this level, though I expect he won't be good enough to have warranted turning down a fee for.

I think it's simply a case that during his time at Oldham he never quite showed enough in training or the relatively few games he had that he could make the step up to League One, which was the expectation (hope) when he signed.

I wish him well with Dale, and maybe he'll prove three Oldham managers wrong next season...

agree with that,a lot of people hoped he would step up and kick on but he just stayed the same,whether thats down to poor managment methods or bad man management we wont know,but he has got himself in fine form at dale and fitted in well with there style of play and players.

good luck to him,if dale come up we will see how well he does in league one wont we..

now heffernan or nardiello on loan for rest of season please....

A decent bit of business. He gets to go somewhere he's comfortable with and who are flying high and we get a bit of money back for someone who'd go on a free next month anyway.

Now whether we can recoup the £60k we've "splashed" out on Joe Colbeck is a completely different matter entirely!

Good move all around and a good bit of business by the club.

We have ended up making a profit on a player whom last may we would have never even dreamed of receiving any kind of fee for.

And for all those say "use the money to bring in heffernan on loan etc", given the club has openly stated it has lost a hell of alot of money due to the lack of home games played, do you really think Dave Penney will see any of this? Somehow I think not

Good move all around and a good bit of business by the club.

We have ended up making a profit on a player whom last may we would have never even dreamed of receiving any kind of fee for.

And for all those say "use the money to bring in heffernan on loan etc", given the club has openly stated it has lost a hell of alot of money due to the lack of home games played, do you really think Dave Penney will see any of this? Somehow I think not

Profit? do we know if this fee is higher than what we paid for him ?