That was awful!

Ok we looked rusty, that was to be expected - Tramps put 11 men behind the ball, not unexpected either but we never looked like scoring. Smalley was again absolutely pisspoor. What annoyed me most was our negative approach, we failed to win one second ball on the edge of the box - mainly because our midfield was mostly in their own half AGAIN! WTF are you playing at Penney? 9 points from four games now or you're out I reckon, rightly or wrongly. No home game for 5 weeks and still less than 3,000 home fans turned up, setting your stall out for a nil nil every week is simply pissing people off now!

Positives? Young Dale played well again, Greegs immense, :censored: put himself about and despite blowing out of arse after an hour (understandable) 90 minutes under Pav's belt AND another clean sheet (ok nowt to do again) for Brill.

Taylor match-fit or not looked very, very poor...

Offer the same level of threat and negativity against Millwall and we'll be four down at half-time. Credit to the Tramps for getting behind their side and the rendition of the great escape after the mad scramble made me smile. On the plus side the Tramps were worse than us - God help them!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok we looked rusty, that was to be expected - Tramps put 11 men behind the ball, not unexpected either but we never looked like scoring. Smalley was again absolutely pisspoor. What annoyed me most was our negative approach, we failed to win one second ball on the edge of the box - mainly because our midfield was mostly in their own half AGAIN! WTF are you playing at Penney? 9 points from four games now or you're out I reckon, rightly or wrongly. No home game for 5 weeks and still less than 3,000 home fans turned up, setting your stall out for a nil nil every week is simply pissing people off now!

Positives? Young Dale played well again, Greegs immense, :censored: put himself about and despite blowing out of arse after an hour (understandable) 90 minutes under Pav's belt AND another clean sheet (ok nowt to do again) for Brill.

Taylor match-fit or not looked very, very poor...

Offer the same level of threat and negativity against Millwall and we'll be four down at half-time. Credit to the Tramps for getting behind their side and the rendition of the great escape after the mad scramble made me smile. On the plus side the Tramps were worse than us - God help them!

Spot on, except I'd have said 'horrendous' rather than 'rusty' (as was to be expected).

What Brill did was done well.

I've kept my trap shut til now but I am right on the brink with this lot now.

that was the most depressing spectacle I can ever remember. & I've barely missed a home game since '85.

why should I tip up at this 3 sided dump to watch a team of players I don't know, in the bottom 4 of the league, settle from the kick off for 0-0 at home, with just a handful of other desparing, miserable fans? seriously, I'm struggling to see the point right now.

that was the most depressing spectacle I can ever remember. & I've barely missed a home game since '85.

why should I tip up at this 3 sided dump to watch a team of players I don't know, in the bottom 4 of the league, settle from the kick off for 0-0 at home, with just a handful of other desparing, miserable fans? seriously, I'm struggling to see the point right now.

Spot on mate

Agree completely.Going to Latics on a Saturday has always got me through the week at work. Suddenly the appeal has gone!

I cant understand what Penney thinks about when he is picking his team. He tries 2 wingers up front whilst having 2 strikers on the bench. He brings one of them on to play on the wing, then has a centre mid in Whitts who whilst is a very poor player anyway makes the lad look like a lost school kid on the left and then the right whilst playing a centre back at full back then swaps it to a centre mid there after Timar went off.

Only Stephens in that team has the abillity to get the ball down and look for a man in a blue shirt the rest just lump it up and its easy pickings for the defenders.

Not everything was bad tonight Stephens continues to develop and is becoming our main man, Pav tried and looked good despite blowing out of his arse for the last 20 mins and having no service into him again, and Jacobson had a good game probably my man of the match.

The main problem is that the manager seems happy with a point no matter how bad the opposistion we play. Wycombe was a joke, Hartlepool was just S*** but tonight was the final straw for me. I've given the guy a chance but he really doesn't help himself with the way he sets his team out. After we had that goalmouth scramble with about 15 minutes to go we never tried to go for it and in the final stages only one team was going to win it and we all know it wasn't going to be us and they were very poor to put it mildly. Millwall is now a must win on sat they have only won one away from home i think but im not in the slightest confident about our chances.

And 3000 home fans says it all.

I cant understand what Penney thinks about when he is picking his team. He tries 2 wingers up front whilst having 2 strikers on the bench. He brings one of them on to play on the wing, then has a centre mid in Whitts who whilst is a very poor player anyway makes the lad look like a lost school kid on the left and then the right whilst playing a centre back at full back then swaps it to a centre mid there after Timar went off.

Only Stephens in that team has the abillity to get the ball down and look for a man in a blue shirt the rest just lump it up and its easy pickings for the defenders.

Not everything was bad tonight Stephens continues to develop and is becoming our main man, Pav tried and looked good despite blowing out of his arse for the last 20 mins and having no service into him again, and Jacobson had a good game probably my man of the match.

The main problem is that the manager seems happy with a point no matter how bad the opposistion we play. Wycombe was a joke, Hartlepool was just S*** but tonight was the final straw for me. I've given the guy a chance but he really doesn't help himself with the way he sets his team out. After we had that goalmouth scramble with about 15 minutes to go we never tried to go for it and in the final stages only one team was going to win it and we all know it wasn't going to be us and they were very poor to put it mildly. Millwall is now a must win on sat they have only won one away from home i think but im not in the slightest confident about our chances.

And 3000 home fans says it all.

You wonder whats gone wrong because Doncaster were never known as a ultra conservative team and Darlington always looked decent on the highlights.

You wonder whats gone wrong because Doncaster were never known as a ultra conservative team and Darlington always looked decent on the highlights.

Yeah, you're not wrong. Whenever we played Donny, they were always a pretty attacking team. In fact one season at our place they scored after about 20 seconds.

The only think I can put it down to is a defence mechanism clicking in after having so many injuries and batoning down the hatches trying to form a pretty solid backline to a very depleted team. Thing is, this is turning too many games into draws where we really need the 3 points. Both Wycombe and Tranmere are/were in the bottom 4 so we ought to have been seeking maximum points against both yet we've frittered 4 away. Might as well have won and lost one if that's the case.

Still, the next 3 games are season-defining. 7 points the absolute minimum requirement against Millwall, Brentford and Stockport.

Tonight was two of the poorest football teams I have ever seen, playing out a 0-0 draw. It was that bad, that during the second half, I actually started to find it funny. I mean, it was so funny that 22 professionals could be so inept. And then Joe Jacobsen decided to demand the ball from the ball boy to take a throw in, whilst the game was in play. At that point I almost wet myself I was laughing so much.

I cannot wait for the game at their place in 2 weeks.