the myth of `not match fit`

all this `not match fit ` malarkey is total bullshjt......

it is a total myth and a very poor excuse churned out by many..and believed by too many more in football.

THINK about it.....would you accept a top surgeon botching a routine bit of surgery on you coz he hasn`t "performed that particular procedure for three weeks" ??.

or would it be acceptable that a world champ boxer was `ring rusty` after losing a big fight coz "all he`s been able to do for the last 3 months is merely train for it" ??

or would it be acceptable that jenson button coming in last at F.1 coz it`s been "a whole three weeks since his last race" and that`s why he wasn`t up to pace??

it`s so simples......... we are talking` PROFESSIONALS` here.......even o.a.f.c fall within that bracket and have professional training /dieticians/trainers/physios/managers etc.

anyone, and i mean anyone who chooses to continue subscribing/accepting or believing the utter crap that somehow footballers are `different than the countless other professions in terms of fitness and readiness come match time is as bad as the idiots they are believing.

after so much time on the sidelines recently due to the weather, our so called professionals should have been absolutely bursting with fitness , and ready to apply themselves from the off.

I dont agree to be honest.

Ive seen enuff fighters train for fights seemingly OK and then come ring time the ring rust is there for all to see wheather it be a like of conditioning or timing or concentration

Taylors first touch on wednesday was dire i put that down to not having a enuff game time. Smally and Pav were the same Pav has an excellent touch normally but it wasnt there for him

Penny had admitted they havent played 11 a side for 3 weeks and it all hinders the team come match day. THey looked like stangers against tranmere. I think most of them were physically fit enuff to run around but all the bits that come with playing regulary football like anticipation, awareness, touch were all missing.

That said ud think they wouldnt have looked as sluggish as they did at times

all this `not match fit ` malarkey is total bullshjt......

it is a total myth and a very poor excuse churned out by many..and believed by too many more in football.

THINK about it.....would you accept a top surgeon botching a routine bit of surgery on you coz he hasn`t "performed that particular procedure for three weeks" ??.

or would it be acceptable that a world champ boxer was `ring rusty` after losing a big fight coz "all he`s been able to do for the last 3 months is merely train for it" ??

or would it be acceptable that jenson button coming in last at F.1 coz it`s been "a whole three weeks since his last race" and that`s why he wasn`t up to pace??

it`s so simples......... we are talking` PROFESSIONALS` here.......even o.a.f.c fall within that bracket and have professional training /dieticians/trainers/physios/managers etc.

anyone, and i mean anyone who chooses to continue subscribing/accepting or believing the utter crap that somehow footballers are `different than the countless other professions in terms of fitness and readiness come match time is as bad as the idiots they are believing.

after so much time on the sidelines recently due to the weather, our so called professionals should have been absolutely bursting with fitness , and ready to apply themselves from the off.

I do believe in rustiness or a lack of match-sharpness that can only come in playing games. Hopefully we'll see more of a tempo tomorrow. Speaking from personal experience I've just resumed my PGCE course and even though I've worked in schools over the last 11 months I'm feeling a bit rusty on the academic side of things. Today a lot has come together but last week and the early part of this I just couldn't organise my mind, now i'm raring to go! I suppose brain/foot co-ordination is the same for footballers?

I dont agree to be honest.

Ive seen enuff fighters train for fights seemingly OK and then come ring time the ring rust is there for all to see wheather it be a like of conditioning or timing or concentration

Taylors first touch on wednesday was dire i put that down to not having a enuff game time. Smally and Pav were the same Pav has an excellent touch normally but it wasnt there for him

Penny had admitted they havent played 11 a side for 3 weeks and it all hinders the team come match day. THey looked like stangers against tranmere. I think most of them were physically fit enuff to run around but all the bits that come with playing regulary football like anticipation, awareness, touch were all missing.

That said ud think they wouldnt have looked as sluggish as they did at times

nooooo !

the whole point is the word `PROFESSIONAL`.......well paid sportsmen....full time sportsmen........who are ther for hours every day honing their skills....training hard........eating properly.........getting fully prepared for a sporting event.

this is not N.W.C.L football.....this is pro` football.....there is no room for such excuses...it is bullsheet.

do not accept it any longer.

nooooo !

the whole point is the word `PROFESSIONAL`.......well paid sportsmen....full time sportsmen........who are ther for hours every day honing their skills....training hard........eating properly.........getting fully prepared for a sporting event.

this is not N.W.C.L football.....this is pro` football.....there is no room for such excuses...it is bullsheet.

do not accept it any longer.

And proffesional boxers train for months and a lot harder than these prima donner footballers but if they have awhile before training camps then u can see the dfference when they get ringside in some cases. Some people react better than others some guys are naturally fitter than others so possibly the effects of a layoff arent going to hinder them as much as others. I dont think a 3 week break is an excuse of the dire performance wednesday but i can understand it having some effet.

The thing that got me about Wednesday was:

They haven't been playing 11 a-side (fair enough), but they have been playing 5 a-side etc indoors. So riddle me this ...

Why couldn't any of our players play a short pass? Surely they have been doing nothing but that for the past three weeks!

Is 'match-fit' another term for playing 11 a-side? If so then 11 a-side needs to be played in training, I appreciate that the weather has been too kind just of late so they switch to 5/ 7 a-side depending on where training is taking place, playing the latter 2 ways will/ should increase speed/ awareness and passing alike, something which wasn't shown on Wednesday night which was what led me to think that match fit is practising 11 a-side, as boxers spa to prepare for a fight, go on the bags and pads to increase speed and reflexes......what I would like to know is why on the training ground they are prepared to have a shot on goal from 20- 25 yards out yet on the park they seem to want to work the ball as close as possible, ffs you can belt it on the training ground so belt the ****** on the park, you never know it might just wake someone up in the Chaddy/ RRE, preferably it would go under and between the posts without hitting either let alone all 3 without going in, so c'mon lads have an effing dig at the nets will you.

The thing that got me about Wednesday was:

They haven't been playing 11 a-side (fair enough), but they have been playing 5 a-side etc indoors. So riddle me this ...

Why couldn't any of our players play a short pass? Surely they have been doing nothing but that for the past three weeks!

Agreed, we couldn't get the ball to another blue shirt with a flash light, map and compass. regardless, no-one move to meet the ball at all. Throw ins too no one moves for the ball

It was dire... but surely cannot get any worse????

If you think it doesn't make a difference you know absolutely nothing about football...let's scrap the reserves then...just run a centre of excellence and not have such a resourceless way of keeping fit players "match-fit" as such thing doesn't exist...

That's an excellent point actually. Wasn't Shez slaughtered all over the place last year for scrapping the reserves as it meant we were throwing fringe members and those coming back from injury straight into the first team? Now it seems that they just need to do a few shuttle runs and they will be fine. Every coach/manager/physio in the modern game is wrong...

That's an excellent point actually. Wasn't Shez slaughtered all over the place last year for scrapping the reserves as it meant we were throwing fringe members and those coming back from injury straight into the first team? Now it seems that they just need to do a few shuttle runs and they will be fine. Every Twa@ who thinks they know it all posting bollocks is wrong!!

These guys are professionals for a reason, unlike many of the 'know it alls' sat at BP - Lack of match fitness/games can make a huge difference in the first few games of any comeback.

These guys are professionals for a reason, unlike many of the 'know it alls' sat at BP - Lack of match fitness/games can make a huge difference in the first few games of any comeback.

yeah i can dee where u r comin from, tho i deffo dont agree...in fact...no! u r talkin bo**x, hers how it goes,IMO, " u lot are 1st team against u lot who want thier place, game on! ok if that dont work......check this out, .....u lot are my first team. ok u avnt had any match practice.....but.....it dosnt stop you TRYING YOUR FECKIN BEST!

I am no professional footballer.

I work in an office.

I've had surgery twice. On both occasions I was capable of working after a couple of weeks, but returned to work on shortened hours, gradually increasing those hours. It was probably 6-8 weeks before I was the "on-form" sharp office worker that I had been prior to surgery. Anaesthetic knocks you out big time!

I've had numerous holidays. Possibly the same as 2 weeks without a game. It takes me a few days (games?) to get back in to my stride when I return.

If I have a cold, I struggle in to work, but I'm not at my best. My productivity and creativity dips.

If I have to work at another site, the different journey and different location can make you feel slightly strange. You lose your rhythm and routine and it takes a little time to get it back.

In football there is injured, there is fit and there are various degrees of fitness between fit and fully match fit.

(I was rather hoping that Latics would have lost the old rhythm and routine from the recent break, but alas, it was not to be).

Edited by opinions4u

I think the problem with Wednesday's comment about match fitness is that BOTH teams have hardly played recently. Therefore the excuse is null and void in my opinion. If the opponents had been playing week in week out then it could be a fair excuse. Another lame excuse for a lame performance.

I think the problem with Wednesday's comment about match fitness is that BOTH teams have hardly played recently. Therefore the excuse is null and void in my opinion. If the opponents had been playing week in week out then it could be a fair excuse. Another lame excuse for a lame performance.

Tranmere were really :censored:e. Latics were just :censored:e!

yeah i can dee where u r comin from, tho i deffo dont agree...in fact...no! u r talkin bo**x, hers how it goes,IMO, " u lot are 1st team against u lot who want thier place, game on! ok if that dont work......check this out, .....u lot are my first team. ok u avnt had any match practice.....but.....it dosnt stop you TRYING YOUR FECKIN BEST!

I tried putting this through babelfish but it just came back with, "This is bollocks". :unsure: