Would you be willing to protest at the Brentford game?

Would you be willing to take part in some form of protest?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Protest or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's wait and see what happens for a few weeks...

Given that every tiny delay and stumbling block makes the Failsworth project ever more unlikely to actually happen, do you not think it's about ******* time the plans were completed?

And match attendance has no relevance to anyone's right to voice an opinion.

Didnt TTA say a months delay would result in a years delay overall ? I am guessing we are there now...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I'd rather support the team to get out of this mess than just add to the problems we have already..

+1

Any loosely arranged "protest" will simply attract even more nobs to BP than usual.

People with no intrest in the wellbeing of the club or its future direction, who would just show up "cos it might kick off with the stewards and police and that, it will be a laugh".

No thanks.

Protest? Vote with your feet and your wallet and go and watch COG bang them in at Dale for a couple of weeks, TTA & DP will get the message loud and clear.

This thread, or the whole, sorry situation? :unsure:

The thread. Coupled with the other thread. The majority don't want to protest and those who do want to protest want to protest over different things, or agree they want to protest but disagree on how. The combined eleven or twelve pages are effectively a handful of people w*nking over how they agree with eachother, whilst the poll clearly shows that most just read it, disagree with it, but can't be arsed to get into a debate with people who've clearly made their mind up that they're angry about something...though they're not sure or united on what.

Edited by jsslatic

The thread. Coupled with the other thread. The majority don't want to protest and those who do want to protest want to protest over different things, or agree they want to protest but disagree on how. The combined eleven or twelve pages are effectively a handful of people w*nking over how they agree with eachother, whilst the poll clearly shows that most just read it, disagree with it, but can't be arsed to get into a debate with people who've clearly made their mind up that they're angry about something...though they're not sure or united on what.

magic! that post has jus cheered me up. ur hundred percent right. dont think the two threads could have been summed up any better

Edited by davebuckley06

What on earth is this proposed protest about? How about a dirty protest every time we lose or draw? At least the stench after a few defeats should be off putting for future opponents!

Seriously though, ive read through this thread and have no real idea about what or who people want to protest at/about!

At the last forum Simon Corney said that they had spoken to Wardle and the issue of owning the club came up, Wardle said he wasn't interested as he "wasn't mad".

But we'll never know in what context he would be "mad"...I could never see Wardle being a part-player...he'd want all or nothing and I don't see that TTA would sell all. Leaving Wardle to express "I'd be mad to invest"....we don't know one way or the other the context Wardle has said that. We do know how Corney's said it tho...comes down whether you trust his word or not. I don't quite frankly.

I'm glad you're happy with everything going on at the club! Must be nice being able to see a rosey future...can you paint for some of us so that we can over that instead!

Cheers!

I'm glad you're happy with everything going on at the club! Must be nice being able to see a rosey future...can you paint for some of us so that we can over that instead!

Cheers!

I'm not happy with 'everything', though I do trust TTA and I do want to move to Failsworth. I also think that protesting against TTA will do nothing, they're not going to put more money into the club as they're losing money hand over fist, and it's not like they're turning down bids for the club either, so you can't push them to sell up when there's noone to sell to...and if they were to sell I'd want it to be to the right people (as I said, I trust TTA), I don't want them just to sell to someone who's not financially able to bankroll the club just because some fans think them going will sort out the problems.

The only thing I'm unhappy about is the on-field product, but guess what...looking at the points tallies I'm guessing half the league feel the same. A protest isn't going to sort that out.

Even those who want to protest don't know what they're protesting about, there's no unity...you wouldn't further any of your differing causes and you'd just irritate the owners (as well as everyone else), which could contribute to them, understandably, turning against the fans and the club.

Please don't reply to this, I can't be arsed getting into a debate about it. The whole thing is nonsense, and 70% of the fans who've voted on here seem to agree. I understand there are grievances but the whole thing has gone too far. Get a grip.

Edited by jsslatic

Please don't reply to this, I can't be arsed getting into a debate about it. The whole thing is nonsense, and 70% of the fans who've voted on here seem to agree. I understand there are grievances but the whole thing has gone too far. Get a grip.

30% would protest... 20% saying give it a couple of weeks... I don't read that as 70% saying it is nonsense to be frank...

If you don't want debate then maybe this is not he place to post.

Edited by oafc0000

protest against what exactly?

I dont think anything anyone at the club has done is suspect and done with any bad intentions,

on the playing side we are lacking a bit of quality but i think luck has had a lot to do with bad results recently,

on the stadium move - we need to do something and id be more pissed off if we left things the way they are (please corp not the same argument again)

the only protest i would have is if ackey was forced out of his job.

Peasent ... I mean Pedant :grin:

As for the war ... Im sure it could be decided without violence .... gregan is on my side

Well im holding a protest against those protesting, those protesting against those protesting, anyone who mentions the word protest and also anyone whos name is john, why? because i can!