word on the street

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Penny does go would LOVE to see Dowie back, by far the best manager we've had in recent years (and with realistically limited funds and small wage budget!), unfortunately, I cant see any reason why Dowie would even think about coming back! he seems to be happy enough out of management and I'm sure could have been somewhere else by now if he wanted! To be honest I think richie would be good but only till May, it may not be really fair on penny but we're in the relegation zone, if "new manager syndrome" and "ex-legend status" can get us then few wins we need to stay in this league then I guess it makes sense!

I too was a bit surprised at that. Be annoyed if fans got their way again and TTA pulled the trigger. I'm not saying DP is a good or bad manager but he's been giving barely a pot to piss in, injuries galore, a Southern league to play in and cancellations to compound the situation. What we gunna do? The same f****** dance for a few months then sack the next guy and the next guy? It's getting f****** pathetic this!

But the guy set his teams up to be negative in the extreme, he never addressed the striking problem for whatever reason even though he had scope to do so.he chose to concentrate on other areas when it was plainly obvious what was needed. He has brought a lot of this on himself. Granted the injuries have been unbelievable but tactically it has been dire.

injuries cancelations and lack of budget dont make it ok to have a team with a lack of passion comitment and effort. am pretty sure if everyone was puttin in 100% every game goin in for every 50/50 or even 40/60 and showing they wanted the ball and they wanted to win then most the fans would be happy but under penny there is none of that its just turn up go through the motion then go home. highlight of saturday was goodwin giving there left winger some stick just because goodwin was actually showing some fight and some passion

Funny you should say all that...as DP hasn't and probably won't ever get to play his first XI those sort of players are actually injured...the run thru brick wall ones. Worthington, Holdsworth, Purdie...for starters. Sadly, the spineless ones like Furman, Smalley and Whittaker are their replacements. Says a lot! Let's get this straight though...I'm not saying DP is a good or bad manager...I'm saying the resources he's had are a bag of :censored: (not repeating myself about this one, my views are elsewhere) and he's doing what he, and another other manager we had, can under the circumstances. Until TTA allow him to get in another Heffernan or Timar or someone from the league above on loan rather from Huddersfield reserves or from League Two, then we're gunna be :censored: and in trouble! And we need two or three of these!!!

The man is a scapegoat.

If Penny does go would LOVE to see Dowie back, by far the best manager we've had in recent years (and with realistically limited funds and small wage budget!), unfortunately, I cant see any reason why Dowie would even think about coming back! he seems to be happy enough out of management and I'm sure could have been somewhere else by now if he wanted! To be honest I think richie would be good but only till May, it may not be really fair on penny but we're in the relegation zone, if "new manager syndrome" and "ex-legend status" can get us then few wins we need to stay in this league then I guess it makes sense!

Not happening and wouldnt want the backstabbing arrogant prick anywhere near here again!! You forgot he tried to sue the owners for outstanding wages of 100k dating back to the Moore era??

He soon dropped his case when he realised his beef lay with Moore and had nothing to do with the TTA

Everywhere he has been he has had money and been sacked for various reasons, left Palace having verbally told Jordan he was only leaving to go back north then a week later joins Charlton!!

Self righteous tw*t

ahmmm *clears throat*

injuries cancelations and lack of budget dont make it ok to have a team with a lack of passion comitment and effort. am pretty sure if everyone was puttin in 100% every game goin in for every 50/50 or even 40/60 and showing they wanted the ball and they wanted to win then most the fans would be happy but under penny there is none of that its just turn up go through the motion then go home. highlight of saturday was goodwin giving there left winger some stick just because goodwin was actually showing some fight and some passion

I agree some what that the current crop don't look like they want to play for the club but disagree on the passion side. I want to see a bit of skill out there as well as the passion. If I ever donned a shirt then I would give everything I've got but basically I'm crap. Doubt the fans would be happy with me!!

I know the league we're in we're never going to attract top quality but players who can pass and shoot would do me.

Edited by davewattuk

Funny you should say all that...as DP hasn't and probably won't ever get to play his first XI those sort of players are actually injured...the run thru brick wall ones. Worthington, Holdsworth, Purdie...for starters. Sadly, the spineless ones like Furman, Smalley and Whittaker are their replacements. Says a lot! Let's get this straight though...I'm not saying DP is a good or bad manager...I'm saying the resources he's had are a bag of :censored: (not repeating myself about this one, my views are elsewhere) and he's doing what he, and another other manager we had, can under the circumstances. Until TTA allow him to get in another Heffernan or Timar or someone from the league above on loan rather from Huddersfield reserves or from League Two, then we're gunna be :censored: and in trouble! And we need two or three of these!!!

The man is a scapegoat.

so by your thinking we should only have 11 players on the wage bill that show effort and comitment?

Not happening and wouldnt want the backstabbing arrogant prick anywhere near here again!! You forgot he tried to sue the owners for outstanding wages of 100k dating back to the Moore era??

He soon dropped his case when he realised his beef lay with Moore and had nothing to do with the TTA

Everywhere he has been he has had money and been sacked for various reasons, left Palace having verbally told Jordan he was only leaving to go back north then a week later joins Charlton!!

Self righteous tw*t

ahmmm *clears throat*

he didnt really have money when here! and yeah there where issues, but the things you've just said about are problems you had with him off the pitch! on the pitch he did a great job! and its on the pitch where it really matters in my opinion!

The man is a scapegoat.

Maybe but I dont want to be playing league 2 football next season. With DP in charge that is exactly what is going to happen!!!!

he didnt really have money when here! and yeah there where issues, but the things you've just said about are problems you had with him off the pitch! on the pitch he did a great job! and its on the pitch where it really matters in my opinion!

250k on killen

200k on clint hill

10k for wayne andrews

The likes of Wijnhard and Matty Appleby and Dean Holden on a :censored: ing mint