word on the street

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a scouting issue, his brother was manager and told Dowie about them. Surely even the most ardent DP-outer can't hold the fact that he hasn't got a brother managing a crappy non-league team with a couple of gems in their ranks against him?!

fair enough, i thought Bob Dowie was a scout

lets hope our new manager has a brother managing a crappy non league team then :grin:

im still impressed the way Fitz burst onto the scene, hopefully we can unearth another one eh

Whilst I am a fan of Dowie, bringing in Fitz and Wayno on the cheap was hardly outstanding management, bearing in mind his brother was manager of Chesham at the time and tipped him off about them.

Thats true, but like most players we sell to higher clubs, they wernt quite at that standard when we got them! Dowie helped us get the best out of them. Looking at our team on paper we should be nowhere near the relegation zone! Unfortunately it would appear Penny doesnt get the best out of players! Not ours anyway!

I also hope if we do get a new manager, they wont be bringing some of their squad with them, just for them to flop for us!

Goodness there are some silly billies on here.

Reading stuff into handshakes. How about looking at the tea leaves in the groundsman's cup?

Seems a lot of comment by people who either just want Penney to go, and/or don't actually go to games.