Failsworth ground share with FC United ?

Has anyone thought this might be a possibility, with FC United close to their spiritual Newton Heath home and Latics of course still playing in the Borough of Oldham?

Another thought is that around £5,000 a match (which is what I believe it costs them at Bury now) would be good income for Latics.

While on the face of it the commercial case is strong, the emotions of football come in to it now.

Even if Latics fans could stomach a move to a place many see as Manchester, playing landlord to a Man Utd spin off might just be a leap too far.

And what if the locals would rather watch FC Utd?

And then when Oldham have run out of money altogether and FC United are on the up we can sell the ground to them and groundshare at their home.

Ooh a bit like Stockport sold to Sale Sharks - worked a treat!

Edited by opinions4u

Has anyone thought this might be a possibility, with FC United close to their spiritual Newton Heath home and Latics of course still playing in the Borough of Oldham?

Another thought is that around £5,000 a match (which is what I believe it costs them at Bury now) would be good income for Latics.

No.

This would completely flip the whole "Failsworth is within Oldham borough" argument imho. It would completely change my opinion on having a new stadium in Failsworth. It would also destroy any potential increase in fan base from the local area, taking away one of the main positives from the proposed move.

Behave yourself, annoying everyone at a time like this. Don't you understand it's still a version of United?

NO, NO and a thousand times - NO

It would make better commercial sense than say playing landlord to Oldham RL. I'm not as much anti-FCUM as some on here but its quite clear that this is going to be less popular than moving from BP in the first place, if only we had a fan on the board who could tell the board what the fans think... Oh wait, we do his name's Alan :grin:

No. I think that it would smack of no ambition - groundsharin with a non league club.

It would make better commercial sense than say playing landlord to Oldham RL. I'm not as much anti-FCUM as some on here but its quite clear that this is going to be less popular than moving from BP in the first place, if only we had a fan on the board who could tell the board what the fans think... Oh wait, we do his name's Alan :grin:

I'd dissagree that it would make more commercial sense. It may pay well in the long term, but it would damage the potential for attarcting new fans, damaging the long term commercial prospects.

Many rivals share a ground, Italy being a good example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundshare

Many grounds in Italy are council owned and both teams pay a rent for it. Interestingly it looks like Lazio are to leave the Olimpic stadium as their fans hate sharing with Roma and it has caused lots of trouble over the years even when there not playing each other. Juventus are moving back to the Delle alpi next season I think or maybe the season after but Torino look set to stay in the Olimpico as they have no intention to ever share with Juve again after being overlooked in many stadium issues.

Also both Milan clubs have/are looking at building their own stadium as they don't like sharing either. (and that is suppose to be the friendly derby)

I'm worried about that...and the feeder club link ups we'll be having. Already doing a bit for Liverpool (officially) and I'm told we'll be taking Chelsea kids on a similar basis when we move to Failsworth....

"We've got no identity! We've got no identity! We've got no identity! We've got no identity!"...and repeat....

The MK Scum game will also see the chant alter to...

"We've got no identity! You've got no identity! We've got no identity! You've got no identity!"...and repeat...

Be careful what you wish for folks...

No doubt Harry will be along shortly though to spell out to us why we're all wrong...

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm worried about that...and the feeder club link ups we'll be having. Already doing a bit for Liverpool (officially) and I'm told we'll be taking Chelsea kids on a similar basis when we move to Failsworth....

"We've got no identity! We've got no identity! We've got no identity! We've got no identity!"...and repeat....

The MK Scum game will also see the chant alter to...

"We've got no identity! You've got no identity! We've got no identity! You've got no identity!"...and repeat...

Be careful what you wish for folks...

No doubt Harry will be along shortly though to spell out to us why we're all wrong...

The 2 clubs coud merge.... FC Oldham Athletic of United Manchester :wink:

I'd dissagree that it would make more commercial sense. It may pay well in the long term, but it would damage the potential for attarcting new fans, damaging the long term commercial prospects.

The damage to the attracting fans was something I hadn't considered but marketing wise I doubt it would make that much difference, we may even get to charge more for the adverts round the pitch as two sets of teams playing there means two sets of fans reading the adverts and two sets of television coverage.

No way in hell, it might make financial sense but i don'r care, no. I'm pro Failsworth at the moment but that would be too far.

Excatly...have Pro-Failsworth people actually thought this through?

Dagenham & Redbridge - merged clubs

Pine Villa - changed to our name now...

FC United of Oldham....or Failsworth Athletic...is a real possiblity somewhere in the future. Suggesting not is ignorance!

What do people reply with..."TTA would never do that!" And you know what, they're possibly right!!! What happens when TTA move on....the next Pete Winkleman walks in and goes, "well, the club is here now, makes sense to change it..."

Be careful what you wish for!

Edited by boundaryblue80

If the club were actually seriously considering this I'd be amazed. They know the rivalry that our fanbase has with anything to do with United. Nothing more than a bit of rhetoric to get peoples necks right out. Especially given Failsworth is such a moot point right now.

I wouldnt mind it. Also as somebody mentioned. Kingsway seems like the ideal place for a football ground, if not for a ground of our own then to share with Dale. Great transport links and alot of space, retail park nearby.

And in Rochdale so it can't happen.

And in Rochdale so it can't happen.

Quite right. Hardy himself stated it's an ideal site, but some sort of football league ruling doesn't allow a club from another council borough to build a ground in another council borough which already has a football team. Or something.

In fact, if it was possible, I think the club would persue this before Failsworth. I get the feeling they've chosen this site as it's the best chance of getting it built, there's nowhere else suitable in the oldham area (No, not even ISZ) and TTA are looking for an exit strategy but aren't tossbags and really do want to leave the club in a better [financial] state than it was when they came in.

TTA are looking for an exit strategy but aren't tossbags and really do want to leave the club in a better [financial] state than it was when they came in.

Maybe so...still doesn't answer the point about being moved there and then someone coming in and making the changes I point out. Once we're in Failsworth...there is no turning back. New owner can point out Failsworth Athletic makes much more sense, as does FCscUM coming to groundshare etc etc.

Once the horse has bolted and all that...