im worried

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can gurantee me that 1 defeat on tuesday means penney goes for the good of our season and the good of the entertainment/football on show then i would take it

ive been a season tkt holder for upto 20 years and consider myself a "real fan" but things need to change imo

Of course, season ticket holders for 20 years are not going to be not called real fans really, but of course the defeat won't guarantee he goes so I think it best we don't hope for the defeat. Well that's my logic!

and what if a victory v Stockport guarantees a revivial in fortunes and less reliance on defence mode, wit hmor confidecne to attack! Though I do acknowledge that is near the wld side of optimism!

Edited by singe

Of course, season ticket holders for 20 years are not going to be not called real fans really, but of course the defeat won't guarantee he goes so I think it best we don't hope for the defeat. Well that's my logic!

and what if a victory v Stockport guarantees a revivial in fortunes and less reliance on defence mode, wit hmor confidecne to attack! Though I do acknowledge that is near the wld side of optimism!

i always hope we win, as you say and i said many times on here, there are no guarantees in football.

i would take the latics win over the chance he might go anytime

my main concern is that he is going to go this season but we are going to leave it until its to late to stop our ship sinking

I would put money on Penney still being Latics manager next Saturday, even if we lose (and lose badly) on Tuesday.

Why?? Because I fail to see where we are going to get the money from to fire Penney and Gray given the lack of income through the gates, and the :censored:e crowds we have been getting for the games that have been on.

This season feels just like the season we were relegated from the Champioship... we sleptwalked to relegation.. too good, we will not go down..but we did it without a fight.. the wiffs are all the same.

We did not bounce back then, and we will not bounce back this time. It's happening in a worse situation, both for the club itself and for smaller clubs in general.

It has the hallmarks of when we got relegated into this division from the championship.

It could be accussed that the club are preparing for relegation.

Getting rid of our good players for nothing and replacing them with one's from the division below.

A management that is coming up short with ideas on getting out of this situation.

The club playing down the fans concerns.

The club and fans not getting on well.

I remember experiencing something similar during the Sharp/Warnock era.

I have spoke to fans that have supported the club longer than me and have experienced previous relegations

over the years they experienced similar situations arising before the club took the drop down.

The nail has been hit firmly on the head. A complete restyling of the club as a fourth division or non-league outfit is taking place before our eyes as a response to the failure of successive boards to arrest the post-1994 slide.

The nail has been hit firmly on the head. A complete restyling of the club as a fourth division or non-league outfit is taking place before our eyes as a response to the failure of successive boards to arrest the post-1994 slide.

It's deja vu, all over again :lol:

The nail has been hit firmly on the head. A complete restyling of the club as a permanent fourth division or non-league outfit is taking place before our eyes as a response to the failure of successive boards to arrest the post-1994 slide.

You're slipping..

But change happenz.

In 1959 & 1960 we applied for re election in the 4th Division.

A shade over 30 years later we were in the top flight.

Granted I cannot see it, but it does not mean it cannot happen again.

Edited by singe

oi . . Jonesy . . . is that you? :lol:

Set against the backdrop of the days preceding Britain declaring war on Germany, the main character is George Harvey Bone, a lonely borderline alcoholic who suffers from a split personality

The book? "Hangover Square".

Or , from the review of the film by the same name...

"George Harvey Bone," a demented composer who, upon hearing discordant notes, literally goes insane and gets violent, intending to choke the life out of the last person who got him upset

Edited by LaticsPete

I think we'll struggle on Tuesday night. I went to see Stockport the other week v Swindon and they were really unlucky - full of energy and industry. They almost won against a Brighton team who perform well away from home and also held off Southampton for over an hour.

Stockport are not to be underestimated - they'll still get relegated but will fight in every game. It's a bad time to play them even though they haven't won for months. Tranmere will be tough too.