Can we have a new club badge as well?

I think that our club badge is a bit tired now...

Why not have a Red Rose of Lancashire (or a Tudor Rose to reflect and include our brethren from Saddleworth) in there rather than a football?

The owl is good..... but perhaps a bird with a bit of an attitude.

Why not have a Red Rose of Lancashire (or a Tudor Rose to reflect and include our brethren from Saddleworth) in there rather than a football?

Not sure Jordan is the right image in 20 feet on the side of the new stand... :wink:

Cue someone with paintshop!

Hmm. I like the badge. Maybe it could be freshened up — a cleaner re-drawing, nice and simple typeface, tweak the colours of the badge — but I wouldn't want a completely different design. I can spot that badge from a long way off, wouldn't want to see it go.

The owl is good..... but perhaps a bird with a bit of an attitud

no it's tatooed on my leg.

no.

Why on earth should the current badge be altered???

It's fine as it is. Can't we hang on to anything?

Why on earth should the current badge be altered???

It's fine as it is. Can't we hang on to anything?

Yeah,Bury tried 'tweaking' the design of their badge and look at the monstrosity they ended up with. Leave well alone.

I wouldn't mind changing the badge to incorporate the Red Rose of Lancashire, as long it still kept the traditional owl.

One thing I did put on my comments sheet yesterday was that the name of the club MUST NOT change, as was rumoured a few months ago. If anyone forgot to put that, please email the club to remind them! <_<

I think that we will be having a lot more anger about the loss of our traditional image before the first ball is kicked at the Failsworth super-dome. I cant believe that the sole focus of the new marketing bod is anything but to re-brand the club with the view to a re-launch in failsworth. I'd imagine there are multiple behind the scenes discussions and plan about how extreme that will be.

I'm not against changing the badge. The example I would give is the Arsenal badge. One of the most traditional badges around, and they managed to keep its style and totally modernise it. I love our badge - but wouldnt be adverse to it being 'freshened up' .

Remember when they changed the badge on the green and blue away kit lates nineties? Anyone got an image of it? Had 4 sections, in a shield, had OAFC through the middle.

Personally, I didn't like it.

I hated that one.

I think we should keep the current design, maybe a little tweakinng, but def change the red to tangerine.

Oh, and obviously it will need to say FAFC on it by the time we move too. ;)

SwindonTCrest1.gif

Ugh. I've an image in my head of a horrible marketing guru called Giles presenting this to Swindon Town just before submitting his invoice for £400,000.

When Fulham's redesign came out about ten years ago I thought it looked like a nazi emblem. Too lazy to dig it out from google though.

Ugh. I've an image in my head of a horrible marketing guru called Giles presenting this to Swindon Town just before submitting his invoice for £400,000.

When Fulham's redesign came out about ten years ago I thought it looked like a nazi emblem. Too lazy to dig it out from google though.

Fulham-FC.jpg

:sign0068: no way.

leave it.

Remember when they changed the badge on the green and blue away kit lates nineties? Anyone got an image of it? Had 4 sections, in a shield, had OAFC through the middle.

Personally, I didn't like it.

That one and others.

shirts2107.gif

Picture courtesy of Museum de Latique

4337793263_d7d4703c95.jpg

Picture courtesy of the Stewart W. Beckett book ‘Pine Villa & Oldham Athletic A 100 Year Journey’
Edited by Diego_Sideburns