Post Game Thread: Tranmere Rovers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He bloody doesnt, im sure he was trying to injure one of our supporters. He managed to break a seat with his wayward shooting.

I'd forgotten about that, that was quite impressive. I hope TTA were watching, he could save them a few bob when it's time to start knocking the Chaddy down.

good workman like 3 points despite Smalley & Parker - I'd sack them both Monday morning.

I feel sorry for Whittaker - a thankless task playing in a position he's so unsuited to in front of a lot of people who are too stupid to see that.

Jacobson will be straight out once Aljofree's fit IMO.

Pav + Price(y) looked much better than any other pairing we've had up front this season - expecially considering neither are fit. Bodes well.

When was the last time we had a bench as strong as that? :shock:

Nice to see Brill living up to his name. :grin:

Is a ref allowed to say "no more" to a player who's blatantly dived as their lad did in the first half?

The EDL pleb who looked about 30 but was calling it on with those scruffy 15 year old Tranmere hoodrats then fell over a seat on his way out :lol::lol:

Are coppers allowed to carry big sticks in 2010?

Singing "staying up" when you're 4th bottom with 2,3 or 4 games in hand was odd and embarrassing. :unsure: That's what the players now think the fans expectations are - nice one.

I fancy us Tuesday night now :unsure:

Edited by dfOAFC

good workman like 3 points despite Smalley & Parker - I'd sack them both Monday morning.

I feel sorry for Whittaker - a thankless task playing in a position he's so unsuited to in front of a lot of people who are too stupid to see that.

Jacobson will be straight out once Aljofree's fit IMO.

Pav + Price(y) looked much better than any other pairing we've had up front this season - expecially considering neither are fit. Bodes well.

When was the last time we had a bench as strong as that? :shock:

Nice to see Brill living up to his name. :grin:

Is a ref allowed to say "no more" to a player who's blatantly dived as their lad did in the first half?

The EDL pleb who looked about 30 but was calling it on with those scruffy 15 year old Tranmere hoodrats then fell over a seat on his way out :lol::lol:

Are coppers allowed to carry big sticks in 2010?

Singing "staying up" when you're 4th bottom with 2,3 or 4 games in hand was odd and embarrassing. :unsure: That's what the players now think the fans expectations are - nice one.

I fancy us Tuesday night now :unsure:

At least you're not as stupid as the average Latics fan then, eh? So at least someone looking on understands that he's not crap; he's just misunderstood.

At least you're not as stupid as the average Latics fan then, eh? So at least someone looking on understands that he's not crap; he's just misunderstood.

i'm not saying he's not crap, just not as crap as he is playing out of position. :grin:

what's to misunderstand?

im not sure about that. he's been pretty solid so far and a good L1 left back.

and penney said that aljofree was brought in as cover for gregan and rubes.

he defends well but offers nothing going forward.

from the little I've seen of Aljofree he offers nothing going forward either but defends even better and is bigger - and it seems Penney is building a big side.

from the little I've seen of Aljofree he offers nothing going forward either but defends even better and is bigger - and it seems Penney is building a big side.

jacobson is solid though and i think has played very well this season. i dont know much about aljofree apart from he hasnt played in a year and wasnt very good last time. id put hasney into the reserves for a couple of games to get his fitness back and then give him a chance

I thought Ajolfree was a decent player when we had him on loan strong solid defender, not going to play in the prem but handy to have around at our level. I think JJ has the shirt for now and we wait and see what happens

club captain at Plymouth & Swindon - Sturrock signed him 3 or 4 times in total.

he's not come here as cover.

Agree with the comments from people that went yesterday.

Smalley is really disappointing and Parker a waste of space.Substitutions left me a bit baffled.

It was never going to be a classic but we got the win.Most of the fans showed patience and got behind the team except the knobs at the back singing die Penney die.........Whats that all about ?

Agree with the comments from people that went yesterday.

Smalley is really disappointing and Parker a waste of space.Substitutions left me a bit baffled.

It was never going to be a classic but we got the win.Most of the fans showed patience and got behind the team except the knobs at the back singing die Penney die.........Whats that all about ?

Cant see a problem with the subs, taylor for the anonymous (again) whittaker, :censored: for stephens (he was one rash tackle from being sent off and was perhaps lucky not to go a minute before he was subbed) and abbott for parker (abbott was dead on his feet admittedly parker his not up to much but our forward choices are a bit limited).

As for the tools who watched the game at the back(they don’t deserve to be called supporters) they should have been thrown out it not really worth criticising them much on here as i doubt they are capable of operating a keyboard and mouse to get on this site.

Now, as I understand and watch Penney's tactics, he doesn't allow the CM's any freedom whatsoever. They're deep-lying and aren't allowed to get forward. How many goals have our midfielders got this season? I know we don't score many as it is, so here's another question: how many chances have the midfielders failed to take? They simply not in the attacking areas to take/get any chances on goal.

Gets too much stick for me. Furman, arguably is the same, but I haven't been impressed with Furman at all. Came with a passing reputation, and has offered absolutely nothing in terms of that.

To repeat what everyone else has said, vital 3 points but nowhere near outta the :censored:e, and until we string together some results and show some consistency I'm not gonna go wild over a narrow victory over a very poor side.

Cant see a problem with the subs, taylor for the anonymous (again) whittaker, :censored: for stephens (he was one rash tackle from being sent off and was perhaps lucky not to go a minute before he was subbed) and abbott for parker (abbott was dead on his feet admittedly parker his not up to much but our forward choices are a bit limited).

Thought he should have brought Smalley off for Taylor (he was having a pretty awful game) and Brooke on for Abbott. The more I see of Parker, the more I hope his first training session with Gregan was like the "I'm the daddy now!" scene from Scum.

have we ever really been in the :censored:e?

I laughed when Penney said summat along the lines of "win our games in hand and we're up in mid-table". Firstly, we had that chance with the Tranmere and Millwall games; we fluffed it. Secondly, if we do that we're still ony 6 points from the drop.

Are we not in a relegation scrap? Penney says we are, but comments as daft as that tells me he doesn't really think so. Tad arrogant, and if it was any other club I'd be hoping he is left red-faced.

Yes, there's a whole host of teams in our boat, but when we've failed to score in 14 of our league games, I'm ever so slightly worried, especially looking toward our next 5 games.

I laughed when Penney said summat along the lines of "win our games in hand and we're up in mid-table". Firstly, we had that chance with the Tranmere and Millwall games; we fluffed it. Secondly, if we do that we're still ony 6 points from the drop.

Are we not in a relegation scrap? Penney says we are, but comments as daft as that tells me he doesn't really think so. Tad arrogant, and if it was any other club I'd be hoping he is left red-faced.

Combined with his comments after the Millwall game - "excellent performance,we really set the standard today" - his ridiculous over-optimism really does worry me.

Yes, there's a whole host of teams in our boat, but when we've failed to score in 14 of our league games, I'm ever so slightly worried, especially looking toward our next 5 games.

Hang on though if we win our games in hand we ARE up to midtable we can go up to about 11th (top half)- I don't understand how that's funny- I don't think we will though. The Tranmere game was a rearranged one yes, but the Millwall one wasn't our rearranged fixtures are Swindon (a), Brentford (h), Stockport (a), Leyton Orient (h). 9 points from those 4 games, which is easily achieveable, and we'll be right. I'm not sure we will be 6 points from the drop either, if we win our games in hand we will be 6 points above Brighton (currently in relgation zone) but we'd be 10 points above Exeter and 9 above Gillingham and Tranmere so we'd be 9 above the drop and you can be level with the drop but still not go down its position not points that matters. Yes we've failed to score in 14 games but we are 6th from bottom on goal difference, I'd rather loose 1-0 than 3-1.

I posted earlier in this thread that our next 5 games look tough but have you seen the 5 after that- I think we should be aiming for 10 points minimum from those 5 games and 15 points is not beyond the realms of possibility.

We are currently in a relegation scrap but once the number of games has evened out I doubt we will be in the situation we are in now, we won't be in the relegation scrap but we will be in danger of being bought back into it if we don't perform over the last few weeks of the season.