Post Game Thread: Tranmere Rovers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/8490290.stm

I know we kinda sat back in the end especially when Pav departed and Parker couldn't hold up his dick let alone the football but I never thought Tranmere had the ball that much! see BBC link of the match facts.

looks like they had most of the play from that but the official sites match report makes it seem mostly latics.

A tough lower league battle in which deserved to win. Tranmere had brief spells on top but we never really looked like conceeding especially with Brill looking as solid as we've seen him so far. Defensively we were calm and in control of any attack Tranmere made. The midfield looked better than it has done but still needs improvement in going forward with confidence. Price and Abbott looked a good strong partnership which I can see helping us staying up. My concern after going ahead was the fog coming in and potentially ruining our rare lead, luckily it didn't ruin such a cracking result.

On another note about the day. To the muppets singing after 30 minutes Penney out songs followed by E.D.L songs please keep your idiotic views to yourself in future. I don't want to hear your daft political views at a football match. OK you want 'your' country back but I rather you didnt sing it whilst watching Latics..its embarressing - grow up. I noticed at the end of the game you wern't singing 'were going down with penney in charge..' so why bother at 0-0 after 30mins - ejits.

Well done Dave you got the lads motivated today which we've been lacking all season. Lets take this win to Swindon and try and get a point down there which will be quite a mean task. The fan's who turned up today needed that win as you could tell with the celebrations at the end.

Oh When the Bluuuuuues :D

A workman like performance with Greegs exceptional along with Goodwin, Ruubes had a decent game as did Price but he definately doesnt look like somebody who could score over 15 a season,he linked up well with Abbott a few times.

Parker is a useless t--t he doesnt look interested and he hasnt got a clue.

I bet the little scouse Chavs were pretty chuffed they was put out of there misery by the old bill saving them the hassle of watching another 20 mins of there dire football team.

good performance today but against a better team. We will probably get beat. A draw at swindon and l will be over the moon. We just need to make sure we get on a bit of a run. We need to get to mid table as quick as possible. I would just like to say price played well.

good performance today but against a better team. We will probably get beat. A draw at swindon and l will be over the moon. We just need to make sure we get on a bit of a run. We need to get to mid table as quick as possible. I would just like to say price played well.

Agreed, We are very lightweight in midfield and i feel very sorry for any forward in that side because the service from out wide is non-existant, but with a bit of luck we will grind out a few results against the :censored:ter sides to finish in mid table.

well done to the lads today. i was a bit nervous before and during the match but we got the win and could have had a couple more goals. but a win is a win and we got the 3 points. smalley and parker should go they are both dreadful. ive got a bit of confidence of the team now. come on oldham!

shame about the old bill today,who wher well over the top with a number of oldham fans during the game today,bang out of order :unsure::unsure: sit down shut up dont say a word or you will be arested what a joke :ranting:

The young lad I saw get chucked out deserved it. He was drunk and acting like a plank. I'd go the other way and say the police weren't strong enough. They should have chucked his mates out too. Some of the crap coming out of their mouths was unbelievable. Some of our fans are just scum, and really let the club down.

Edited by CD's Orange Heels

Spot on.

Textbook away win. Stopped them hurting us and took our chance in a tight game.

Gregan was put in his usual professional performance and Hazell was an excellent parter - Hazell's tackle to deny them a goal scoring chance was superb.

Jason Price is exactly the player we need at the moment. His flick-ons from midfield were superb. Him and Abbot just need to improve their commication a little bit and I think they will form a good partnership.

I do not want to put a damper on this burgeoning super partnership but isnt Mr Price only here for a month ?

After catching us go one up on Final Score, I was convinced I'd get back to find we'd been pegged back to 1-1.

Well done to the lads for proving me wrong. :grin:

Vital victory, especially in the context of the games to come over the next month or so. I'll take another view on survival chances in about 5 games time - I predict there'll be at least one more week of calling for the manager's head and another of delirious euphoria between now and then. :wink:

A crap game, between two crap teams, officiated by a crap referee, and we couldn't see most of it because of the fog. Wouldn't have missed it for anything. :wink:

Thought we defended really well - thankfully Hazell got his one massive f**k-up he has every game out of the way early and it didn't cost us. him and Gregan were pretty solid, and Brill seems to have got over his earlier form really well. The new lad seems keen enough - not the most skillful player in the world but held it up and was at least challenging for the ball. Don't know how Smalley lasted the 90 minutes,and Parker still isn't doing anything to justify his place in the squad. Still not happy about Penney's tactics,especially with the substitutions he made,again (why leave Smalley on? what was the point of paying for Colbeck if you're not going to bring him on when Smalley was obviously struggling?),but i hope to be proved wrong about him not being good enough to get us out of this mess.

Sadly for us, I think the result could well prove season-defining for both clubs.

Of course we're not doomed yet, but it's hard to be positive when our strikeforce is largely anonymous, and the league table now makes depressing reading. Yesterday was a classic example - lots of hustle and bustle from Tranmere, but how often did we get close to troubling your keeper?

To be honest (and this isn't sour grapes), but I thought both teams looked poor yesterday, but at this stage of the season, it doesn't matter how you play, it's points on the board that count. I would have been more than happy with a terrible performance and a 1-0 win, and it's no different for yourselves I guess?

It was a game we had to win - we didn't, and I haven't felt as gutted as that leaving Prenton Park for a long time! :disappointed:

Sadly for us, I think the result could well prove season-defining for both clubs.

Of course we're not doomed yet, but it's hard to be positive when our strikeforce is largely anonymous, and the league table now makes depressing reading. Yesterday was a classic example - lots of hustle and bustle from Tranmere, but how often did we get close to troubling your keeper?

To be honest (and this isn't sour grapes), but I thought both teams looked poor yesterday, but at this stage of the season, it doesn't matter how you play, it's points on the board that count. I would have been more than happy with a terrible performance and a 1-0 win, and it's no different for yourselves I guess?

It was a game we had to win - we didn't, and I haven't felt as gutted as that leaving Prenton Park for a long time! :disappointed:

We've been woeful nearly all season so at the moment picking up points is imperative, regardless of how they come.

I thought that was written by a Latics fan when I first glanced over it.

:lol:

Five consecutive wins? This lot?

I'll be genuinely amazed if we score in five consecutive games between now and the end of the season, never mind win the buggers!

To be fair, with the way the defense is performing 5 consecutive goals probably equals 5 wins

we need to be solid in the next few games. swindon are conceding late on recently so i hope penney has picked up on that

Slightly off topic but someone really needs to have a word with Jacobson. I have absolutely no problem with whatever lifestyle choices he makes off the pitch but i'm not having our players wearing turquoise boots.