Well...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't take long for the penny out, colbeck is :censored:, brill is crap and other bull:censored: brigade to pipe up

If you have nothing more constructive to say then :censored: OFF. If you dont want to support a team, go watch munich at the pub

Edited by Markoasis
swearing

Guest Scratch2000uk
I'd start your whipround now then, and give TTA a call when you have about 150k in the kitty

Not my problem, i didn't hire him. :wink:

Edited by Scratch2000uk

i dont know how Penney can be blamed for going in 2-0 down at half time

we matched them for 44 minutes (if not the better side)

granted its the result that matters for our manager, but maybe the players switched off, which is out of Penneys control

i dont know how Penney can be blamed for going in 2-0 down at half time

we matched them for 44 minutes (if not the better side)

granted its the result that matters for our manager, but maybe the players switched off, which is out of Penneys control

which is exactly what happened at mk dons last season 2-2 half time and we were the best team then till then, second half we were abysmal because the players took over and got the manager sacked because he lost the dressing room exactly what penney hae done

which is exactly what happened at mk dons last season 2-2 half time and we were the best team then till then, second half we were abysmal because the players took over and got the manager sacked because he lost the dressing room exactly what penney hae done

come on eh

i dont think penney has lost the dressing room the huddle at trannies proved that!! i think DP knows if were gonna stay up we need to win against the teams around us and pick a point here and there against the top teams !!

so in laymans terms he thinks we are crap as well as the fans ? :blink:

didn't take long for the penny out, colbeck is :censored:, brill is crap and other bull:censored: brigade to pipe up

If you have nothing more constructive to say then :censored: OFF. If you dont want to support a team, go watch munich at the pub

hope thats bayern, after the date last week, leave it out !

this was quite obviously a freak game. 6 shots on target 6 goals. 2 offside goals for swindon n a disallowed goal for us. maybe if luck went our way and we stayed switched on for the extra 5 minutes in 1st half the result would of been better.

how can penney control that? i understand why penney is under scrutiny but you can't sack him after tonight. when we've all played an even amount of games then we know where we stand. were 2 wins from midtable so we all need to stick together and get behind whateve 18 players are representing us!

a win v walsall saturday and we could be 16th and then win 1 of the games in hand and a cushion begins to develop. there's alot of crap teams around us and i believe we have enough to survive. Have you lot seen stockport wycombe exeter gillingham tranmere brighton and even southend play recently? i think theyre all worse than us and i think we have enough to finish above them. that puts us 17th and then theres carlisle who have slipped since pericard left and hartlepool who are looking over there shoulders. If when we have all played the same number of games we are in the bottom 4 or close to it, then i will panic. but not until!!!!!

I've just got back from the city of manchester stadium after being offered someones ticket for the night, and if people think Penney plays negative football, they want to see Mancini's city. Nuff said!!!!

Regarding tonights result, cant comment too much as I was in all honesty expecting swindon to put at least two past us, and as ackey quite rightly said, they are pure and simply better than us this season, and one of the reasons why they are where they are is because they take their chances, and have two strikers in austin and paynter who are capable of scoring 15-20 goals each.

Re the Penney outers (have not read the whole thread but I gathered from some of the posts on this page that there may be some Penney Out posts), at end of the day its a results game, and I will admit I am far from Penneys biggest fan, but its common sense that you dont spend 150k to pay your management team off unless you are bloody confident there is a manager out there who would 1) want to come and 2) do a better job at the moment. The only manager in my opinion who comes anywhere near fitting that category is Peter Taylor.

If we were playing a team like exeter or tranmere tonight I would be somewhat more pissed off!!

But Mancini gets results. Nuff said.

Seriously how often have we won South of Birmingham on a Tuesday night? When was the last time we won in the SW?

Seriously, what's that got to do with anything? Are football pitches somehow different down there? Are the goals smaller? The rules different?

We were beaten by the division's form team - I for one aren't shouting Penney out any louder than I was last week.

4-0 down under Shez and it would have ended up 6 or 7.

Maybe, but the chances are that we would have been in the top 6. ^_^

Seriously, what's that got to do with anything? Are football pitches somehow different down there? Are the goals smaller? The rules different?

We were beaten by the division's form team - I for one aren't shouting Penney out any louder than I was last week.

Maybe, but the chances are that we would have been in the top 6. ^_^

I don't know why we don't do well in the South aside from travel complications but we do. Shez in the top 6- don't make me laugh with the team available to him after the owners cut the budget we'd be lucky to be close to Stockport (slight exagerration I know but there is no way we'd be anywhere near the top 6). I don't recall too many ex Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds players being available over the summer. Shez is a very good coach and he's a good manager when things are going well but when things are bad I'd rather have Penney you can't be a good football manager and let the likes of Doggy gate happen.

anyone else agree that the game ended when the Bristol Rovers reject gave the soft penalty away in added on time :angry:

Up to then we had matched and outplayed Swindon....apart from the beaut from BP...which only came about due to reuben giving him half an acre to turn around in.. :huh:

can't believe 2 folk have voted for jacobson as MoM... :blink:

It's a well known fact that 99% of all statistics are made up.

...and the only statistic that's needed in a football match is the result: Swindon 4 Latics 2. All the bar charts and pie charts and :censored: is pointless - like us last night... :lol:

...4-0 down under Shez and it would have ended up 6 or 7...

Sorry?! What exactly is that theory based upon? Remind me, how many times did we lose by six or more goals under Sheridan?

Frankly, comparing Penney to Shez, to argue in Penney's favour, is nonsensical.

Sorry?! What exactly is that theory based upon? Remind me, how many times did we lose by six or more goals under Sheridan?

Frankly, comparing Penney to Shez, to argue in Penney's favour, is nonsensical.

why is it that some latics fans always compare penney to shez?? the club needs to more forward instead of trying to get ex managers back etc and ex players they left for a reason mostly because they were :censored: move on