Post Game Thread: Swindon Town

is it me or did we just have a mad few minutes before and after half time that cost us.

Can't wait to read the match write up from Mr Sideburns

60% posessions, more shots off target than on target than swindon....

We just cannot convert and that's the difference.

Glad Mr Price scored

and we score two goals!!!...whens the last time we score two goals?

was always a 'if we get anythin its a bonus' game!! concentrate on more winnable games i know i shouldnt say that but its true also good to see price on the score sheet.

agreed would have more chance getting points off leeds, norwich, charlton than swindon at the min. if we'd have got in half time at nil nil then it might have been a different story but take any positives and turn the attention to walsall

is it me or did we just have a mad few minutes before and after half time that cost us.

Glad Mr Price scored

Well I believe it is 43 matches since we scored more than 2

agreed would have more chance getting points off leeds, norwich, charlton than swindon at the min. if we'd have got in half time at nil nil then it might have been a different story but take any positives and turn the attention to walsall

i take it tou are DP because its the same bull:censored: thats in the chron every week

:mad::mad:

i dont get you? you expected us to go away to the form team of the division and destroy them?

no i knew we would be in a very hard game but why put aload of crap in the chron about taking positives from defeats because the amount of defeats we've had and the positives that must have obviously been taken from them we would have at least been in the top 6 or do i read it wrong

:mad::mad:

no i knew we would be in a very hard game but why put aload of crap in the chron about taking positives from defeats because the amount of defeats we've had and the positives that must have obviously been taken from them we would have at least been in the top 6 or do i read it wrong

I do think you have a point there mcvitieman

At the end of the day we lost, and at the end of the day its points in the bag, not positives from defeat, that we need to move up the table.

Although I think anyone who was 'expecting' three points tonight needs to pull their head firmly out of their arse.

I do think you have a point there mcvitieman

At the end of the day we lost, and at the end of the day its points in the bag, not positives from defeat, that we need to move up the table.

Although I think anyone who was 'expecting' three points tonight needs to pull their head firmly out of their arse.

thank you i never want to see the tics loose i am blue through and through but when i see something that is wrong with the tics i have to voice my oppinion its my club that is going in the wrong direction and it hurts :disappointed:

Yes, I know there are other threads already open about this game, but I have been thinking for an hour about what I am going to write in a post-game thread, thinking carefully, looking for an angle, looking for what went wrong, looking for something to blame... and you know what, I just cant pick anything, we were just, well... utter Meh... I have nothing to say really, just.. well, ... we were there...

were we the better side for 44 minutes... well, Meh...

did we not do anything wrong... well... meh...

did we score two goals when the opposition had given up... well... meh...

Did we ever even look like wanting to win the game... well... meh...

did I even care when the final whistle blew... well meh...

I just utterly dont know. But this is the most indifferentI have ever felt watching Oldham. For the last two years I have seen Oldham lose 3-0 and 2-0 at swindon and been genuinely annoyed and angry as I knew we had more to give and were actaully better than the team we just lost to...

Tonight, i'm just indifferent, were we any worse that the top 6 team that just beat us... no.... not at all... man for man, were we as good as them... yes, easily... did they get the breaks that won the game... yes definitely... but did we ever look like winning... well... meh...

I just dont know what to say... i'm not going to get into the melodrama of saying that this team is terrible, or awful or the worst i've ever seen, I dont believe it is... but something is missing, I juust cant give an answer... I dont believe sacking Penney is the answer.. I just dont have an opinion, the worst place IMO for a fan to be ever... I just dont know...

I hated tonight. Not because we lost, just because i'm not angry. Losing 4-2 to swindon away has made me indifferent. and I feel really, really let down because of it.

Tonight, i'm just indifferent, were we any worse that the top 6 team that just beat us... no.... not at all... man for man, were we as good as them... yes, easily... did they get the breaks that won the game... yes definitely... but did we ever look like winning... well... meh...

I hated tonight. Not because we lost, just because i'm not angry. Losing 4-2 to swindon away has made me indifferent. and I feel really, really let down because of it.

I know what you mean about feeling indifferent - but can't agree about the 'man for man' comment above...

Swindonhave two front men in Paynter and Austin who are proper strikers - they break fast and strike the ball hard and true.

Two minutes before half time and we were the better team but had not taken our chances - then wham bam and it's all over.

Bring on Walsall :huh:

thanks Bin Fin for posting no matter how indifferent you felt, its still good to read someone's comments who has been to the game. Even if you felt had pushed to do so.

So we at least were on par, that's good to hear, just lacking that killer va va voom eh...

However, try and be postive, it was going to be a hard game to come away with anything TBH but we are scoring again and that's a good thing.

Questions will of course be asked of how we can score two goals away and still lose I am sure.

We are in a battle and each game is going to be very interesting from now on.

I hope the "only way is up" for us.

Maybe in the cold light of day and a sleep you can add some further thoughts.

Thanks again

These are strange times to be a Latics fan. I can't quite pin how I've felt since the arse fell out of last season, but I know that a lot of different things seem to have hit different people at different times recently that in their own way have made them feel a bit, "meh." On the pitch needs to sort itself out, personally I feel that the stagnation in stadium development needs to be sorted, whether it's mine or your ideal something positive HAS to happen.

PS, if it's any consolation, I did not, and never had any prospect, of getting my taters done by my lesbian date tonight. Still, it's all grist for the mill.

Glad Mr Price scored

They started like a team in form - we then gained the upper hand and if not for woeful shooting, would have taken the lead.

Just on half time and Paynter is given too much room on the edge of the area and a wonder strike gives them the lead - two minutes of stoppage time later and it's two - stupid push by Jacobsen - it's a penalty and the first half has left us beaten.

At the start of the second we pushed forward and then a rapid breakaway (dubious offside) and it's three.

Soon to be four as they carved us open at will. - Heads had dropped and understandably so.

Two late goals - Colbeck from a wayward shot by Taylor and then a keeper error allowed a cross by Colbeck to hit Price on the head and bounce in - too little too late.

Poor away day for the 131 brave souls who made the trip. :huh:

Edited by TheBigDog

They started like a team in form - we then gained the upper hand and if not for woeful shooting, would have taken the lead.

Just on half time and Paynter is given too much room on the edge of the area and a wonder strike gives them the lead - two minutes of stoppage time later and it's two - stupid push by Jacobsen - it's a penalty and the first half has left us beaten.

At the start of the second we pushed forward and then a rapid breakaway (dubious offside) and it's three.

Soon to be four as they carved us open at will. - Heads had dropped and understandably so.

Two late goals - Colbeck from a wayward shot by Taylor and then a keeper error allowed a cross by Colbeck to hit Price on the head and bounce in - too little too late.

Thanks Bigdog for taking the time at this time of night of posting a post match analysis. I think a few eyebrows were raised when we were 4-0 down, would you say 4-2 was a fair result? or were we robbed at all?

Thanks Bigdog for taking the time at this time of night of posting a post match analysis. I think a few eyebrows were raised when we were 4-0 down, would you say 4-2 was a fair result? or were we robbed at all?

can you concede 4 goals before reply and be robbed?

Can't add a lot to the good summary by TheBigDog.

Yes underdog, it was a mad few minutes before and after half time.

TheBigDog mentioned our woeful shooting - we created 3 or 4 good chances only resulting in pathetic shots, and for two of those chances we had Whittaker unmarked waiting for a pass. It was worth shooting without passing but, after such poor attempts, hindsight pointed to the pass option. Swindon looked very ordinary and the first Swindon goal came completely out of the blue. What an absolute peach it was from Paynter - only a man on form and full of confidence would have attempted the shot.

Gregan was playing well but he made a mistake which produced the break resulting in the penalty. In his disgust he threw his armband to the ground again.

The third goal was the killer just as we started the second half brightly. When the fourth went in heads dropped as mentioned above.

Taylor was ineffective but full credit to Colbeck for lifting the spirits a bit with his goal and an assist.

Hazell was a rock once again.

We played worse than this on Saturday but ended up with the points. There was no booing or criticism of the players and I'm just left with a feeling of what might have been if we'd scored first and then played with confidence.

Slight correction of the quoted number of Latics faithful - I think it was 132. :chubb:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns