Free Season tickets ....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No flights though...

THat confirms it, you'd have to pay me to stay there.. :wink:

you'd want a lapdancer thrown too wouldn't you!

the point is that's is a very good offer..it is not an offer based on stupid/extremely unlikely "ifs"..

another "offer " filed under "its so stupid it just might hoodwink a few"

you'd want a lapdancer thrown too wouldn't you!

the point is that's is a very good offer..it is not an offer based on stupid/extremely unlikely "ifs"..

another "offer " filed under "its so stupid it just might hoodwink a few"

To be fair though JP, if we said we were ging to offer a holiday we would not get any coverage, that has been done.

It is an interesting offer, it might get a few more to renew.

It's interesting and unsual rather than cast iron certaintly though, I grant you.

By the way, the accommodation is given along the lines of a timeshare offer, I'd rather our promo that theirs.

Available in April, May or June or you hve to contact them. No hard sell then....

and I quote:

Is it a Timeshare?

Avanti promote many different types of holiday and want to ensure your stay is a great experience. Should you wish to find out more about the advantages of these holidays with Avanti of Club Inifiniti then please feel free to do so during your stay and at your leaisure. howeer, you are udner no obligation to do so.You are not obliged to book food and drinks or flights with the accommodation on offer but we do hope youw will want to use the the on site facilities to guestsduring your stay with Avantii.

I'll take that as a Yes, being as I know someone who used to sell for this type of company.

I am sceptical of this offer, as you are of the TTA.

So who has been impressed by a few flashy pictures then..... :grin:

To be fair though JP, if we said we were ging to offer a holiday we would not get any coverage, that has been done.

It is an interesting offer, it might get a few more to renew.

It's interesting and unsual rather than cast iron certaintly though, I grant you.

By the way, the accommodation is given along the lines of a timeshare offer, I'd rather our promo that theirs.

Available in April, May or June or you hve to contact them. No hard sell then....

and I quote:

Is it a Timeshare?

Avanti promote many different types of holiday and want to ensure your stay is a great experience. Should you wish to find out more about the advantages of these holidays with Avanti of Club Inifiniti then please feel free to do so during your stay and at your leaisure. howeer, you are udner no obligation to do so.You are not obliged to book food and drinks or flights with the accommodation on offer but we do hope youw will want to use the the on site facilities to guestsduring your stay with Avantii.

I'll take that as a Yes, being as I know someone who used to sell for this type of company.

I am sceptical of this offer, as you are of the TTA.

So who has been impressed by a few flashy pictures then..... :grin:

they look good,but they ain't my preference!

if its a timeshare place i'd be using the facilities and ignoring every sales pitch...but some people may be interested.

personally,i'd rather be away from the brits abroad brigade and sunning it with the locals..la rochelle in france this year maybe? B)

not sure whats more believable..

latics selling 6000(or how many they said) last season

or

england to win the world cup!?!?

if,if,if.

how about a real offer?

northampton are doing a deal were you get a free week holiday in spain..

no "ifs" ..just "when".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/8498400.stm

We've now made it onto the Yahoo home page as one of the main headlines.

It is indeed an intersting idea, and one i'm surprised we've agreed to. However I doubt that it'd result in higher attendances in the long term, as those floating fans that may take up this offer will not return if the product is not of a reasonable standard.

Is it also really worth the couple of hundred quid risk on watching Latics, when it just puts you in a foul mood for the rest of the weekend? (Due to the shower of sh*t served up)

I congratulate the marketing bloke on his efforts as something clearly needed to be done, but I think there's only way to win the fans back, and that is with a return to decent attacking football.

they look good,but they ain't my preference!

if its a timeshare place i'd be using the facilities and ignoring every sales pitch...but some people may be interested.

personally,i'd rather be away from the brits abroad brigade and sunning it with the locals..la rochelle in france this year maybe? B)

1000% agree!

Sadly 3 yo dictates Center Parcs and Brits at home trips for me!

I am angling for a trip to Italy though.

Might have to settle from somwhere Eurostar goes!

“Free matchday beer and pies if England lose against someone rubbish in the group stages, scrape through, play well in the second round and heroically fail in the quarters or semis, Rooney breaks a bone, Beckham does nothing but scores a free kick/penalty and gets a million inches in the papers due to it, an England fan gets stabbed and the commentators talk incessantly about free kicks and shots being affected by the amazing new ball.”

They’d be putting a temporary stand over the Lookers and filling the corners at BP in.

I think it a great idea depending on the terms & conditions attached, which I haven't read if they have been released. However if it is a case as you simply get your money back if England win the world cup you can more or less gurantee yourself a free season ticket by simply laying England not to win the world cup on Betfair!! Not sure if this has already been suggested, as I haven't read the whole thread with me being in work.

I think it a great idea depending on the terms & conditions attached, which I haven't read if they have been released. However if it is a case as you simply get your money back if England win the world cup you can more or less gurantee yourself a free season ticket by simply laying England not to win the world cup on Betfair!! Not sure if this has already been suggested, as I haven't read the whole thread with me being in work.

Wont there only be a bet which would guarantee you pay a fixed, lower price for a season ticket but whilst losing the potential to get a free one?

If you can think of a bet to ensure free tickets for all then please let us know.

not sure whats more believable..

latics selling 6000(or how many they said) last season

or

england to win the world cup!?!?

if,if,if.

how about a real offer?

northampton are doing a deal were you get a free week holiday in spain..

no "ifs" ..just "when".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/8498400.stm

i was thinking the same. it is an idea to grab peoples attention but england wont win the world cup IMO

You'd have to wait till the end of the world cup for better prices to lay, and by that time the offer has gone.

If you lay England to win the world cup for £350 then they win ityou'll lose £1800ish but get your free season ticket.

Pretty sure you could sort it though so you get around £60 off your season ticket no matter what, but like someone said you'd wouldn't have the potential to get the full price back.

i was thinking the same. it is an idea to grab peoples attention but england wont win the world cup IMO

Every other season for buying a ST you got a ST.

Next season you'll get a ST and a chance that you'll get your money back. And people are moaning! Ok, england might not win it, but then again they might, and if they do, Latics fans get free STs.

If you gave some people a free gold bar they'd complain that it was too heavy and that the people who gave them out are clueless.

I think this is a fantastic idea. I can't believe that people are trying to find negatives.

I've no doubt that this is not something that has been announced without the club thinking it through. They will have taken out some kind of insurance against England winning the world cup, be that as a simple insurance policy or convincing someone to underwrite the offer.

There are probably 4 or 5 countries out there capable of winning the World Cup and England are one of them. This doesn't mean that we will win it, but the club are offering you pretty decent odds here when you consider that your outlay is simply money that you'd probably be handing over anyway. For me, it's no lose. I'd be buying a season ticket whatever but for anyone who's waivering, it has to be worth considering now.

I am not in the know in these things, but bookies weigh up the chances and set the odds, so as ENgland have a chance the odds are relatively low.

Does it follow that loads of England fans put a bet on and th ethe odds drop,s but in the US whre paople might not be betting so much on Englans would odds be better there? Knowing of course the much tighter restrictions on betting?

I am not in the know in these things, but bookies weigh up the chances and set the odds, so as ENgland have a chance the odds are relatively low.

Does it follow that loads of England fans put a bet on and th ethe odds drop,s but in the US whre paople might not be betting so much on Englans would odds be better there? Knowing of course the much tighter restrictions on betting?

I asked a friend of mine who used to work at William Hill's about politics betting - he said that bookies rarely work out the probability of something happening before setting the odds and that most odds are a response to stakes. Dunno whether the same applies to the footie.

I can see it now,

we sell about 6,000 ST and england win the world cup..

two games into the seasonTTA are moaning because there isnt any revenue coming into the club..

Seems like a good offer but surely their are strings attached..

I bet the early payment discount wont apply because of the offer !!!

That way they can put the extra £50 on England in case they win it.

Covers all the costs so no loose situation for the club :lol:

Edited by losesome