Dean Brill Is My Hero!

That was the greatest two-footed lunge to not see a red card I've ever seen!

He was about 4 feet off the ground when he launched in to that!

:lol:

The Walsall Express & Star says:

Walsall hadn’t had an effort on target and Deeney was desperately unlucky after charging down Dean Brill’s clearance but the ball bobbled away and the goalkeeper was lucky not to see red after a two footed challenge on Byfield.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2010/02/13/oldham-1-walsall-0/

Yes more credit to Brill from his biggest critic. Though he had very little to do today in truth. We even had a plan B and didn't pump every ball to a below par Dean Smalley!.

Same here Lags, I think young Brill has found his confidence I was feeling a bit of a **** today for not being more patient with him, I feel the team as a whole are beginning to gel together pretty well, hopefully they will keep moving in the right direction.

Same here Lags, I think young Brill has found his confidence I was feeling a bit of a **** today for not being more patient with him, I feel the team as a whole are beginning to gel together pretty well, hopefully they will keep moving in the right direction.

Well done to Brill, his determination (as shown in the challenge) is winning the fans over.

Let's hope so.

Shame it's too late to make anything out of this season.

Brill got the ball- I'm not sure how much that matters these days. Oh and it wasn't Gregan's fault that passage of play stemmed from Deane Smalley making another cock-up, I think he tried something fancy when an easy ball was on.

:censored: ball from Greegs, but Brill could have been a little quicker out, although I expect, like me, he was anticipating the ball to be travelling a little quicker !!!

Yes more credit to Brill from his biggest critic. Though he had very little to do today in truth. We even had a plan B and didn't pump every ball to a below par Dean Smalley!.

As my brother described it... A career saving lunge :grin:

Brill is a different keeper these days. Fair play to him.

And those that didn't must feel really quite stupid.

Really?

Not at all brother, in fact those who didn't question Brill's ability in his first stint in the goals for Latics could be kindly described as blinkered.

Nor will I wish Brill return to his first stint form to say I told you so.

Edited by Lags

Really?

Not at all brother, in fact those who didn't question Brill's ability in his first stint in the goals for Latics could be kindly described as blinkered.

Nor will I wish Brill return to his first stint form to say I told you so.

I didn't question his ability because he had made a few mistakes, nothing more. The stupid ones really, are the ones that were claiming Brill was "the worst keeper we've ever had" after just a few games of the season. New players should be given time, that's what he has now had and his record speaks for itself. Worst keeper we've ever had? I don't think so!