Hearing DP out

Going to stick my neck out here and quite frankly i don't give a f/took After watching my struggling team compete, battle and at times, outplay a very strong top of the table team, who (Norwich) worked harder than any other team you will see again this season at BP, I hear the piss-pots in the stands shouting we want Penney out, makes me feckin sick tbh.

Get a grip and drink 3 pints less you tools - it's going to be hard enough as it is this season, without mindless, beer driven, emotional, uninformed chants!!

Another 12/18 months and given the chance, I hope those chants are shoved right back up your arse' with plenty of interest.

Can understand those who are not impressed with Penney so far, but to be singing 'We want Penney out', whilst we were more than matching top of the table team yesterday, was a joke. It's mainly just the clowns in the RRE who stand next to the away fans - average age of about 6.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can understand those who are not impressed with Penney so far, but to be singing 'We want Penney out', whilst we were more than matching top of the table team yesterday, was a joke. It's mainly just the clowns in the RRE who stand next to the away fans - average age of about 6.

Exactly, my ticket put me in amongst them yesterday.........it was an experience..put it that way!

I think 'penney out' was just the next song on their songsheet to be honest :grin:

Nice conclusion. Obviously you are right because they were calling for DPs head from the kick off and throughout the match rather than in reaction to a specific event in the game.

I really like how you can judge not only the way we played, but also the mood and motivation of the fans. All without moving from your armchair.

Yeah well you get a feel for these after following the club for nearly 22 years...

If we play well, we tend to lose.

If we play cr@p, we tend to lose.

On the rare occasion Penney gets the tactics right, we lose, because the players in the squad he's built are too poor to execute them.

When Penney was appointed, no one expected immediate success, but no one expected immediate failure either.

Surely it was Penney’s job to build on what Shez had created, but he has destroyed all the good work, and then some.

Before we even played them, we seem far too comfortable in accepting that the last three games will end in defeats. Leaving the Leeds match in the “p!ss-poor” category, the performances against Colchester and Norwich were, I imagine, just stereotypical of games that teams at the top should win, and we just played out part.

I want Penney to improve and do well consistently, but there is very little sign of this happening.

i am not a :censored: pot i am a log lived tics fan who will when it deserves in will vent my displeasure at who i want to and that is mr bad penney who in my opinion is the mindlless unemotional tactically pisspoor uncharismatic and devoid of wanting to to mix with the fans "who pay his wages " the man is an absolute :censored: ! :ranting:

ye well mate your just as bad as him, your also the reason we are going down, wont back your team, long lived tic fan or not, the fact is your crippling your team rather than helping it

latics till i die, sod your chants and boos and screams, i will back my team

If we play well, we tend to lose.

If we play cr@p, we tend to lose.

On the rare occasion Penney gets the tactics right, we lose, because the players in the squad he's built are too poor to execute them.

When Penney was appointed, no one expected immediate success, but no one expected immediate failure either.

Surely it was Penney’s job to build on what Shez had created, but he has destroyed all the good work, and then some.

Before we even played them, we seem far too comfortable in accepting that the last three games will end in defeats. Leaving the Leeds match in the “p!ss-poor” category, the performances against Colchester and Norwich were, I imagine, just stereotypical of games that teams at the top should win, and we just played out part.

I want Penney to improve and do well consistently, but there is very little sign of this happening.

Performances have been far far better of late.

Performances have been far far better of late.

Admittedly, yesterday's display was better than a lot of the diatribe that Penney has served up this season. It was probably the second best home display of the season, after MK, however once again it finishes "Oldham Athletic Nil" and we LOST once again.

Our worst performer (Taylor) managed to complete 90 minutes when he should have been hauled off a damn sight sooner....he looks devoid of ideas and more likely to burst into tears rather than burst into the box as he did when he started out!

Penney is constantly fidgeting with his 'town-halls' and digging a little hole in his spot on the touchline rather than trying to motivate the team during the course of the game.

The saying goes that 'One Swallow Does Not Make A Summer', same goes that yesterday's display should not prevent the idiot from being sacked. The worst manager in my 25 years watching Latics!

No it hasn't. The results have been dire, and the fact that the team have not looked like scoring consistently has seriously cast a shadow over the season but the games that I have seen have not (Hartlepool aside) been awful.

Love you know which games you've been then cause on the most part they've all been bloody awful. Walsall away not awful? As i've said before the only games this season i've enjoyed were MK Dons at home, and Orient away, the first half performance at Swindon was decent to watch as well, Colchester was probably just above average, but thats about it.

funny that as there was about 4 or 5 blokes behind me singing it....they looked in the late thirties..

it didnt warrant a penny out chant yesterday,but he never mixed it up with the subs....you have a young striker on the bench champing on the bit to prove he can do it in the first team...give it a go,nobody else looked like scoring so why not...

if not prepared to do it why have him on the bench....

the only thing i want to see this week is penny getting a scorer in,dont care who it is but we need a scorer or were doomed.