Exeter Post Game Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The First hour was absolutely shocking, we were stuck with nine men in our own half no tempo and aimless hoofing. We paid Exeter far too much respect and because of this they got it down and played some good stuff, thankfully they're :censored:e in the final third and we got away with the countless crosses and the times they got in behind on the flanks. We had FOUR changes of formation today and Penney cut a forlorn figure as he was booed off at HT then booed back on at the start of the second half.

The pen could have gone either way, it was given and tbh I have no complaints. Greegs headed it up in the air perhaps Brill should have come for it and Rubes decided to solve the problem with a bit of WWE on their guy - 0-1, then we woke up the tempo increased but it was still pretty bad. I think we may have seen the last of Price, he's no wide player and when you are subbed for Smalley then you don't need me to tell you that your number is well and truly up. We huffed and puffed but it wasn't much better. Greegs goal came out of the blue tbh but if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle! If anyone was gonna dig us out of the :censored: it was our Captain Fantastic, pen aside he was superb. Straight after the pen there was a stonewaller for Exeter turned down, Greegs throwing their guy to the ground. The pen in the last min was a joke Rubes won the ball their lad went down to cries of TIMBER! 5.9! Even the anonymous Taylor would have been embarassed by that one! Anyhow I couldn't watch but Brill dug us out of a big hole and it was nice to see the fans singing his name at the final whistle.

Stand out performers? Gregan was immense but is a tad to blame for the first pen and could have conceded another, that apart I wish we had 11 Gregans! JJ played well, Lee was ok but his hoofing got right on my tits! Midfield? What midfield???? Get someone in alongside Dale! Furman awful again! Taylor - non-existent again! Nards did ok, Pav seems to be suffering a lack of confidence, straight after the missed pen Pav skied a free header - symptomatic of his current plight in front of goal and an earlier Whits' effort was goalbound only to hit Pav on the arse and drift wide!

I'm no High Executioner but the Jury has almost finished deliberating and amongst the 400 there today, there was barely any support for Penney - the verdict may well be returned next week. Anything less than 6 points could see Simon Corney put on his black cap!

Edited by oafcprozac

That would be correct, and this person told me had we have gone for it today, we probably would have got all three points.

EDIT: Spoke to a 2nd friend who went to the game and echoed the same sentiment.

Have zero reason to question either judgement,

Second person was me, technology is wonderful these days, now sat in Birmingham waiting for my connection back to Piccadilly

we'll easily stay up, look at who we've got at home, still want penney out as i have done for months due to the negativity, never forgive him for what happened at wycombe ffs 2-1 up cruising all over them against ten men, last twenty minutes we go defensive and the inevitiable happens.

Everybody keeps going on about the home games we have coming up -

We have scored 12 goals in 15 games at BP this season , hardly going to be easy to win when you HAVE to score to win !!!!!

The First hour was absolutely shocking, we were stuck with nine men in our own half no tempo and aimless hoofing. We paid Exeter far too much respect and because of this they got it down and played some good stuff, thankfully they're :censored:e in the final third and we got away with the countless crosses and the times they got in behind on the flanks. We had FOUR changes of formation today and Penney cut a forlorn figure as he was booed off at HT then booed back on at the start of the second half.

The pen could have gone either way, it was given and tbh I have no complaints. Greegs headed it up in the air perhaps Brill should have come for it and Rubes decided to solve the problem with a bit of WWE on their guy - 0-1, then we woke up the tempo increased but it was still pretty bad. I think we may have seen the last of Price, he's no wide player and when you are subbed for Smalley then you don't need me to tell you that your number is well and truly up. We huffed and puffed but it wasn't much better. Greegs goal came out of the blue tbh but if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle! If anyone was gonna dig us out of the :censored: it was our Captain Fantastic, pen aside he was superb. Straight after the pen there was a stonewaller for Exeter turned down, Greegs throwing their guy to the ground. The pen in the last min was a joke Rubes won the ball their lad went down to cries of TIMBER! 5.9! Even the anonymous Taylor would have been embarassed by that one! Anyhow I couldn't watch but Brill dug us out of a big hole and it was nice to see the fans singing his name at the final whistle.

Stand out performers? Gregan was immense but is a tad to blame for the first pen and could have conceded another, that apart I wish we had 11 Gregans! JJ played well, Lee was ok but his hoofing got right on my tits! Midfield? What midfield???? Get someone in alongside Dale! Furman awful again! Taylor - non-existent again! Nards did ok, Pav seems to be suffering a lack of confidence, straight after the missed pen Pav skied a free header - symptomatic of his current plight in front of goal and an earlier Whits' effort was goalbound only to hit Pav on the arse and drift wide!

I'm no High Executioner but the Jury has almost finished deliberating and amongst the 400 there today, there was barely any support for Penney - the verdict may well be returned next week. Anything less than 6 points could see Simon Corney put on his black cap!

The majority of that is the story of our season. I reckon you copy that post and just alter the names. Price for Smalley, Colbeck for Smalley etc after each game.

Good post.

From a neutrals point of view think of it this way: it is a much better point for you than for Exeter. They were leading 1-0 with just 10 mins left, were playing at home and missed a last minute penalty. Ok, the performance was "awful", but you have escaped with a point and put Exeter in more trouble. It is the next 2 games, Orient and Wycombe, which are must wins.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Just got home from game ( i live in cornwall before anyone says anything) and i have to say there is a lot of rubbish on here already ,we had more than 1 effort on target all game for sure as price missed a sitter after about 40 mins from 7 yards . Yes price appeared to play wide right in a 3 man attack but that was hopeless as the guys a centre forward not a winger although he tried. It was a game between 2 poor teams yes but we did not deserve to lose which 2 ludicrous penalty decisions nearly made us, where these refs come from i have no idea cos both where fouls by exeter players on hazell NOT the other way round.Brill was fine today and looked assured gregs was awesome but sorry if we gotta rely on fancy flicker abbot to stay up we really are doomed he was cack! stephens was lucky to stay on the pitch after an awful 1st half challenge and it wasnt until we went behind that we seemed to want to win and taylor had a couple of headers he maybe should have done better with.On the whole a draw is better than a lose and if we can win our home games we will be okay , well done to the 393 fans who turned up today and to be fair most players did at least appear to care ...

Good post smithers271...........I was at the game and agree with your remarks.

We tried playing 3 strikers to take it to them. It didn't work. Was a mistake in hindsight. Managers make them...we've 5 home games and a game vs basement side Stockport. I'll take that!

"I'll take that"! I'm sorry but have things got that bad that we'll accept the fact that there are 5 games out of six at home that we 'might' win in order to get us out of trouble!

I consider myself to be a very patient fan and so far have believed that the manager will come good but this current state of affairs is just not f*****g good enough!

I don't expect us to be challenging for promotion but to see us on our arse at the wrong end of the table with the manager spouting "Well, Leeds came here the other week and lost 2-0" is not acceptable!

"I'll take that"! I'm sorry but have things got that bad that we'll accept the fact that there are 5 games out of six at home that we 'might' win in order to get us out of trouble!

I consider myself to be a very patient fan and so far have believed that the manager will come good but this current state of affairs is just not f*****g good enough!

I don't expect us to be challenging for promotion but to see us on our arse at the wrong end of the table with the manager spouting "Well, Leeds came here the other week and lost 2-0" is not acceptable!

just seen the highlights on the league one show,good save by brill for the second penalty..greegs shot was very lucky indeed to find the net,going nowhere near until deflected.

point away from home isnt too bad a result in reality,what is needed now is that we take the upper hand in these home games and make them count

penny is here until end of season so better get used to it....

just seen the highlights on the league one show,good save by brill for the second penalty..greegs shot was very lucky indeed to find the net,going nowhere near until deflected.

point away from home isnt too bad a result in reality,what is needed now is that we take the upper hand in these home games and make them count

penny is here until end of season so better get used to it....

We need 2 big performances this week, we've got to start bagging 3pts from these 'easier' games.

Hope you had a good birthday btw :wink:

We need 2 big performances this week, we've got to start bagging 3pts from these 'easier' games.

Hope you had a good birthday btw :wink:

yes we do need some good performance,or even bad ones but we take max points...

and cheers,have had a good day thanks.

Everybody keeps going on about the home games we have coming up -

We have scored 12 goals in 15 games at BP this season , hardly going to be easy to win when you HAVE to score to win !!!!!

Doesn't help that we played a fair chuck of those home games against good sides in Oct and Nov when we had :censored:loads of injuries (Colchester, Southampton, Udders, Leeds) couple with the fact we've played most of the top teams at home. I find that quite significant....

10 out of top half (2 left to play)

Norwich - played - Lost

Leeds - played - Lost

Charlton

Colchester - played - Drew

Swindon - played - Drew

Millwall - played - Lost

Huddersfield - played - Lost

MK Dons - played - Won

Bristol R

Southampton - played - Lost

Walsall - played - Won

Carlisle - played - Won

------------------------------

5 out of bottom half (6 left to play)

Yeovil - played - Drew

Brentford

Hartlepool - played - Lost

Leyton Orient

Brighton

Gillingham

Tranmere - played - Drew

OLDHAM

Exeter - played - Won

Southend

Wycombe

Stockport - played - Drew

Edited by boundaryblue80

Doesn't help that we played a fair chuck of those home games against good sides in Oct and Nov when we had :censored:loads of injuries (Colchester, Southampton, Udders, Leeds) couple with the fact we've played most of the top teams at home. I find that quite significant....

10 out of top half (2 left to play)

Norwich - played - Lost

Leeds - played - Lost

Charlton

Colchester - played - Drew

Swindon - played - Drew

Millwall - played - Lost

Huddersfield - played - Lost Still got to play them

MK Dons - played - Won Stil got to play them

Bristol R

Southampton - played - LostStil got to play them

Walsall - played - Won

Carlisle - played - Won Still got to play them

------------------------------

5 out of bottom half (6 left to play)

Yeovil - played - Drew Still got to play them

Brentford

Hartlepool - played - Lost

Leyton Orient

Brighton

Gillingham

Tranmere - played - Drew

OLDHAM

Exeter - played - Won

Southend

Wycombe

Stockport - played - Drew Still got to play them

Thanks Prozac. An excellent report and it doesn't fill me with any expectation for the so called 'must-win' games coming up.

That would be correct, and this person told me had we have gone for it today, we probably would have got all three points.

EDIT: Spoke to a 2nd friend who went to the game and echoed the same sentiment.

Have zero reason to question either judgement,

I've been thinking about this, and it's not a question of your judgement - I think it's a question of capability. We're :censored: this season and no better. Remember that fact.

BigFin did the lift from Dirty Dancing on me when Gregan scored :wub:

As you can imagine, that was the highlight of the game.

He did it to me at Everton, it was the second most gay experience I've had.

The first most gay experience involved a strip bar, my kickboxer mate, a fruity lad, some really awkward questions and somebody having their floating rib dislocated. It ended up like a wild west saloon brawl.

Excellent summary - it was not pretty too watch - but maybe this point will in fact be a turning point? Tuesday will be difficult but winnable and then Saturday potentially easier.

Time for a goalscorer to emerge. :unsure:

Edited by TheBigDog

Just seen the two penalties, not a chance in my opinion either of them should have been given. Gordon, Roy and even the Exeter commentator seemed particularly bemused on the commentary about the second one but for me the first is even softer, a terrible pair of decisions.

Edited by LeylandLatic

Just seen the two penalties, not a chance in my opinion either of them should have been given. Gordon, Roy and even the Exeter commentator seemed particularly bemused on the commentary about the second one but for me the first is even softer, a terrible pair of decisions.

brill said on website that he went the way that he thoulght their man wasnt going to go... so we could have won... BRILL OUT!

brill said on website that he went the way that he thoulght their man wasnt going to go... so we could have won... BRILL OUT!

Just out of interest, who's writing for the fishal site these days? Some of the stories read like Dan Brown novels at times, absolutely awful.

Edited by LeylandLatic