Greg fleming

If and it's a big if! Penney is here next season and he brings in 2 or 3 decent strikers and we r wanting to win games 1. - 0 it's ovious that dean brill just isn't good enough to be our first choice keeper. I'm working in scotland at the moment and just Reading about Greg flemining man of the match on saturday and pulled off 3 "outstanding" saves to help his side to victory. I was gutted wen he went out on loan in pre season and can't help thinking if he had of been no1 we would be at least 9 points better off. Just my opinion :blink: hope he is back next season

Reports I've read on Greg say he's made mistakes equal of those made by Brill all year long, sadly.

Brill cant line up a wall for a freekick and Fleming races of his line all too much. I liked the look of Fleming but he had his faults hes not the saviour some proclaim him to be

Brill cant line up a wall for a freekick and Fleming races of his line all too much. I liked the look of Fleming but he had his faults hes not the saviour some proclaim him to be

Saw him play 90mins Vs Celtic in the Scottish Cup on Sky not long ago.

Looked like he did for us to be honest; no improvement nor backwards steps. He pulled off a couple of terrific reaction-type saves; but then got beaten by a soft goal at his neat post after parrying one he should have held onto.

Whilst he has some flaws to his game; namely his head rushes and charges off his line - he is still a better goalie thean Dean Brill. If his reported homesickness can be overcome; i'd have him back in a shot, as quite frankly; Brill isnt up to it.

I wonder why Fleming went on loan to Dunfermline rather than, for example, the Dog and Duck? The standard wouldn't have been much different.

Hope you don't mean the 'dog and duck' in Oldham - by all accounts they are a very defensive minded team and concentrate solely on their strengths - the rear of the team, though apparantly are very good coming from behind :shock:

Hope you don't mean the 'dog and duck' in Oldham - by all accounts they are a very defensive minded team and concentrate solely on their strengths - the rear of the team, though apparantly are very good coming from behind :shock:

It's the Brewery Tavern now.

:detectivegm0:

Anyone but Brill.

Luckily our defence rarely lets the opposition have a shot these days. Unfortunately. Brill makes important errors every game. Often only leading to corners. But more times than I am happy with have we been punished this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Fleming looked promising early on, But frankly he is :censored: horrendus, awful kicking, :censored:e handling

Makes at least a couple of mistake every game.

For example, he was playing so badly that a couple of weeks ago he got dropped for our 20 year old goalkeeper who has never played a senior game, sadly our 20 year old keeper broke his leg in his second game against Dundee, a bad break at that

Clicky

Now you would think that with no other keep we would play Fleming till the end of the season...We have infact signed St Mirrens 3rd choice keeper because we deem it better than having to play Fleming in goals, Take him back, we will not be enquiring again :lol:

Edited by Zorrro

He is very young for a keeper, majority of the best keepers around are 30+ when they hit there prime, still room for alot of improvement

Fleming doesn't want to be at BP and, if I remember correctly, is out of contract at the end of the season. He'll move back north of the border (on a Porteresque free). I'd predict neither Brill nor Flahavan will be first choice keeper either but a new man, brought in by a new gaffer.

Fleming doesn't want to be at BP and, if I remember correctly, is out of contract at the end of the season. He'll move back north of the border (on a Porteresque free). I'd predict neither Brill nor Flahavan will be first choice keeper either but a new man, brought in by a new gaffer.

Out of contract at the end of next season.

Fleming signed a 3 year contract at the start of last season, he's got another year left.

But I don't think we'll see him back.

• 5 weeks later...

Sounds like Fleming isn't rated by Dunfermline fans:

http://www.dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&am...10&t=949210

None of them want him back next season.

This article says Dunfermline will be sending him back.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/roun...-to-new-season/

I can see him being loaned out to Dale or someone again next season.

Sounds like Fleming isn't rated by Dunfermline fans:

http://www.dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&am...10&t=949210

None of them want him back next season.

This article says Dunfermline will be sending him back.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/roun...-to-new-season/

I can see him being loaned out to Dale or someone again next season.

Probably cancel his contract he wont be coming back here