Here's a thought..

If Latics win their next two home games against Brighton and Brentford (which is not inconceivable) how would the fans react to Dave Penney winning the manager of the month award?

cant see us winning the game against brighton. glenn murray will score against us. they clouted brentford 3-0 last night :grin:

If Latics win their next two home games against Brighton and Brentford (which is not inconceivable) how would the fans react to Dave Penney winning the manager of the month award?

I'd be annoyed as he'd get it at the Gillingham home game and they haven't won away all season. You know what would happen next...

:grin:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

In teh werdz of the interwebs LOL!

That would be quality, we would be the only club to boo the manager of the month. I hope this happens just to see some of the people's face at BP contort as they try to process the information that we might have turned a corner but they have set their minds to ousting the manager but, but..but..does not compute...

I would love for that to happen, six more points this month would be absolutely fantastic, like him or not if we can maintain our little run then I would welcome the award being given to Penney. Would this mean we have turned a corner?

Edited by aliofashy

In teh werdz of the interwebs LOL!

That would be quality, we would be the only club to boo the manager of the month. I hope this happens just to see some of the people's face at BP contort as they try to process the information that we might have turned a corner but they have set their minds to ousting the manager but, but..but..does not compute...

+1

If penney gets manager of the month for march i'll eat my shoe.

That's the kind of internet post that someone will definitely go searching through the archives to bring back to the front page if it came true! :grin:

To be honest, even if we did win the remaining 3 games we'd have a record of P7 W5 D2 L0. Would that be good enough? Generally the award goes to a team in the promotion mix doesn't it?

I like Dave Penny & i think he'll have a solid second season.

Create a strong foundation and build from there. He's been unlucky with the attacking options this season. Worthington getting injured has prevented Furman from playing his normal game. Parker was a gamble that hasn't paid off, Abbott has scored 11 goals but we suffered hugely when he was injured, Heffernan was the perfect foil for Abbott but numerous postponements meant a stuttering stay for him here and then Donny screwed us over. Nardiello is another piece of good business but bad piece of luck. The form & injuries to Taylor and Smalley hasn't helped either. Plus Rob Purdie sounded like he'd be a fans favourite.

Let's definitely give Penny a second season. Howard Kendall was gonna get the boot before he won the FA Cup in '84. Then he won the Charity Shield, League Title, Euro Cup Winners' Cup & made the FA Cup Final in '85.

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE DAVE A CHANCE!

I do remember somebody declaring that a piece of headgear would suffice as a meal for some bet or other. I think they renaged in the end, after calls of "How do you want your hat, over easy?" and the like.

I suppose it's not like one would carry out the wager.

Hey, perhaps we could watch the shoe eating on youtube or something.

I'd love it, I'd absolutely love it. I can't see it happening though TBH. I can see us beating Brighton and Brentford but I think when it comes down to it someone will spot that this month we've probably had the best set of fixtures out of everyone in the league for the season and give it to someone who's beaten teams in the top half. I can see DP being in the top 3 though.