Penney knocking

I'm fed up with all this jumping on the Penney's rubbish bandwagon.

It's so easy to critcise when your not doing the job, some people must have very inflated ideas of there own abilities to be knocking Penney at every opportunity. I'm especially peed off with the negative comments that are made in the online Chron, after every Latics article it's Penneys rubbish, get rid. Always the same posters and one of them has even created 2 usernames, singaporesummat and owdamfan, so that he can agree with himself on how bad Penney is!

He's our manager and here for at least another season, leave the guy to get on with his job.

Changing managers every season or 2 will get us nowhere.

There are different places along a scale of satisfaction with a manager.

1) He should burn in hell because we've not done very well with him so far (and he's a Yorkshireman).

2) He should be replaced. Gannon or Hill for Latics please.

3) We're stuck with him, but he should really change his tactics.

4) We're stuck with him no matter what.

5) We really like the football he's putting on display for us.

(1) is just silly. (2) is a reasonable view. (3) is where I am with him. (4) is defeatist.. (5) is deluded.

Edited by opinions4u

1) He should burn in hell because we've not done very well with him so far (and he's a Yorkshireman).

(1) is just silly. (2) is a reasonable view. (3) is where I am with him. (4) is defeatist.. (5) is deluded.

I hereby nominate O4U to speak for me on DP matters.

It's so easy to critcise when your not doing the job, some people must have very inflated ideas of there own abilities to be knocking Penney at every opportunity. I'm especially peed off with the negative comments that are made in the online Chron, after every Latics article it's Penneys rubbish, get rid. Always the same posters and one of them has even created 2 usernames, singaporesummat and owdamfan, so that he can agree with himself on how bad Penney is!

He's our manager and here for at least another season, leave the guy to get on with his job.

haha i cannot believe someone did that, it is like some fans want us to fail

haha i cannot believe someone did that, it is like some fans want us to fail

here's an innovative idea............................

let's get behind the 11 players (or 14) who put that blue shirt every week eh? Penney is the manager end of. He has a 2 year deal and i think it's about time us lot accepted this. The whole athmosphere needs to change round bp, especially matchdays, and that begins with us!!!!!!!!!

Well said.

That's where I am with him too. I don't like the tactics or the negative attitude he's instilled; but I'm realistic enough to know that we've got him as manager next season as a minimum. Mathematically I know we're not safe yet but I think there are 4 worse teams than us currently in the drop-zone (Gosh; how must their fans be feeling?) and think we'll avoid the drop; just about. As such, I see that Penney will have the 2nd year of contract honoured and he'll be in charge come the first game of next season

A summer clearout is needed; once again – and hopefully next season brings a change in style, attitude and play.

Of course; his dealings so far in the transfer market don't exactly instil any confidence in the types of players who'll be making their way through the revolving doors of BP this summer; but that's for another thread I guess?

Edited by slystallone

when joe royle became manager people said get rid we struggled for a couple of seasons look what he did for us im not for or against dave penney i have said get rid after the way we have played some games but lets get behind the team get the wins we need to stay up then lets see who and what we need for next season

I am sick and tired of the amount of managers we are getting through I really am. Why are the Penney out chants starting now when we are picking up points? There hasn't been any when we were losing all the time.

Who is allowed to manage "our" club? Is it exclusive to the "pinch me boys and friends"?

Don't get me wrong this season has been :censored:e up until now but the "Get out of our club" brigade are about as tedious as some of the football. We have a good chance of staying up under Penney, why not see if he can sort things out? If not we move on, surely the end of last season showed sacking a manager and bringing back one of the "pinch me boys" is not the answer.

Sack Dave Penney - NO

We would have no manager, no ground and some would argue no team

Seriously I believe that we have no choice but to give the current owners more time

correct me if i am wrong, but didnt dave say at the start of the season.

we must get to 40 points and then we push on from there and see what happens.

well we are on 40 pts now. so here we go up the league. :wink:

What a good thread

ok we are stuggling, changing managers won't solve the prolem and Rome wasn't built in a day, or the pinch me seasons. We need to stick with Dave for a good part of next season. Interesting that the less eloquent responses on this thread are anti Penney, at least they have a new song to sing with not many words in it.

What a good thread

ok we are stuggling, changing managers won't solve the prolem and Rome wasn't built in a day, or the pinch me seasons. We need to stick with Dave for a good part of next season. Interesting that the less eloquent responses on this thread are anti Penney, at least they have a new song to sing with not many words in it.

bang wrong my friend

managers live or die by their signings

name me more than 1 that hasbeen successful

tta have already admitted mistakes in the past ie talbot

penny will be another one

however i do believe they will get it right

penny is one of the major factors that is wrong with this club along with some of the :censored:e that he has signed

he needs to go in the summer regardless

bang wrong my friend

managers live or die by their signings

name me more than 1 that hasbeen successful

tta have already admitted mistakes in the past ie talbot

penny will be another one

however i do believe they will get it right

penny is one of the major factors that is wrong with this club along with some of the :censored:e that he has signed

he needs to go in the summer regardless

Joe Royle had a long list of bad signings before he got lucky, give a Manager at least 18 months to sort it out. TTA have shown no more ability to "get it right" than Dave Penney, so I have no more confidence in the next manager through the revolving doors.

The whole economics of football is stacked against us. Its not good , the whole structure of clubs with our resources is bust, its not just Dave Penney's or TTA's fault there sre bigger issues and we need to see beyond the end of our noses.

Name me one team in the top 10 of this division with a budget or crowds lower than ours.

Joe Royle had a long list of bad signings before he got lucky, give a Manager at least 18 months to sort it out. TTA have shown no more ability to "get it right" than Dave Penney, so I have no more confidence in the next manager through the revolving doors.

The whole economics of football is stacked against us. Its not good , the whole structure of clubs with our resources is bust, its not just Dave Penney's or TTA's fault there sre bigger issues and we need to see beyond the end of our noses.

Name me one team in the top 10 of this division with a budget or crowds lower than ours.

big joe didnt get lucky, he signed players from higher divisions who werent fullfilling their potential, and yes he took some gambles

dave penny has signed cast offs from league 1 and 2 and a keeper from non league

he payed good money for colbeck, brill is allegedley the highest paid player at the club, parker, need i say any more

revolving door of crap on loan strikers

endless full back signings

swindon

colchester

bristol rovers

yeovil are 12

wallsall are 13

they are all streets ahead of us this season, we have gone backwards tenfold

tta will not go it is inevitable that the manager will go sooner rather than later

big joe didnt get lucky, he signed players from higher divisions who werent fullfilling their potential, and yes he took some gambles

dave penny has signed cast offs from league 1 and 2 and a keeper from non league

he payed good money for colbeck, brill is allegedley the highest paid player at the club, parker, need i say any more

revolving door of crap on loan strikers

endless full back signings

swindon

colchester

bristol rovers

yeovil are 12

wallsall are 13

they are all streets ahead of us this season, we have gone backwards tenfold

tta will not go it is inevitable that the manager will go sooner rather than later

Swindon and Colchester have both got significantly bigger budgets behind them and bigger attendances, why could we not keep our best palyer of the season after Gregan, Sheehan out of the clutches of Swindon.bristol Rovers have better gates and their fans are not so fickle.

Swindon and Colchester have both got significantly bigger budgets behind them and bigger attendances, why could we not keep our best palyer of the season after Gregan, Sheehan out of the clutches of Swindon.bristol Rovers have better gates and their fans are not so fickle.

We were similar to Bristol Rovers, now I'd put us on a par with Walsall and Yeovil. And they're above us in the league.

The most baffling signing for me (probably ever) Joe Colbeck. Eaves and Millar (sp?) are getting on the bench ahead of him, surely injured? Why the feck we wasted some money on him in wages is beyond me never mind a fee.

Penney's signings have mostly been injured to be fair...

Parker and Brill were poor signings; Parker because he is a gash-bag and Brill because we were never particularly weak in goal and so to spend a big portion of our wage budget there was a mistake. However, DP wasn't the only guy who thought Parker was a good signing...

We needed to sign cover at centre-half and it is poor that we haven't done so, but that aside DP has signed Jacobsen who is useful, Holdsworth who has looked okay, Worthington who hasn't really had a chance through injury, Purdie who hasn't played, Furman who we were raving about pre-season and Colbeck who is a work in progress. Granted I don't see the logic in the Colbeck move, but I don't see that list as being a disaster. Add in Abbott, and it is not that bad. Of more issue is the fact that Parker is awful and the team has quickly regressed into a low confidence and negative mindset.

Furman who we were raving about pre-season

A very good point. There are dozens whinging about Furman on here week in week out, yet he was going to be out saviour when we watched him in pre-season. Penney saw the same Furman back then that we did, so he can hardly be blamed that he didnt turn out to be the resurrection.

I would also -again- point out that Furman is playing the holding/defensive role with aplomb and whilst people bemoan his lack of attacking play they forget this.

He's doing the job Worthington's been too injured to do and doing it well. I'd say he's comfortably the best tackler in the side and I can't count the number of times he's made a goal-saving tackle.

I am sick and tired of the amount of managers we are getting through I really am. Why are the Penney out chants starting now when we are picking up points? There hasn't been any when we were losing all the time.

I'll tell you why....the mentality of this lot are going to do it now in defiance! Plain and simple! They secretly want us to lose so they can have a go. And now we've picked up the points that everyone who isn't in the flock said we would, they're doing it as some sort of pedantic, schoolground, feet-stomping tactic to force him out.

Sadly, TTA have helped create this scenario...they bowed over the Ronnie feet-stomping and the poison in the club are going to aim to force about the same situation. Maybe this time we need to go to the very very bottom? See this element remove itself from the club (altho they'll be back vs Dale next season, I'm sure!) End up with a crowd of 2,300 at home full of support...a team less fearful to perform (the negativity does affect players, despite what any of the flock say) and also players coming here wanting to play for us rather than thinking why the hell should I play for a bunch of fans like those! The days of us having a loyal 3,500 have gone! Loyalty isn't about blind support...that's what THEY say us giving a manager time have...on the contrary, it's about seeing the facts and the :censored: we've had to endure this season to simply put 11 men on the pitch, be it budget, injuries, cancellations or whatever...can't let facts like those get in the way of a good back-slapping booing session though, can they???

Edited by boundaryblue80