season ticket sales next season and attendances

I know of 4 people who are only still going this season because they have a season ticket and have said that if penney is still in charge next season they will not be renewing them. If i know 4 how many have the same attitude. I worry that attendances will be down to 2500 next season coz it really is shiite to watch and certainly aint worth 20 quid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of 4 people who are only still going this season because they have a season ticket and have said that if penney is still in charge next season they will not be renewing them. If i know 4 how many have the same attitude. I worry that attendances will be down to 2500 next season coz it really is shiite to watch and certainly aint worth 20 quid

Well said. The penney in brigade dont seem to realise that as long as he is manager a certain number of people will not buy a season ticket.

It may be poor now, but it was poor under Joe for the bit he took, and poor under shez near the end. Why not accept it is poor because there is no money in the pot. It got spent with shez going for promotion and there is nowt left. That is why it is poor because we can't afford to bring in anyone with even an ounce of talent.

Do you remember when Chris Moore left and we had to play the kids plus Shez? THat was far better football. What we have now is a core of a team supplemented by rejects from other teams. DP doesn't seem able to motivate the team. No season ticket for me next year.

Do you remember when Chris Moore left and we had to play the kids plus Shez? THat was far better football. What we have now is a core of a team supplemented by rejects from other teams. DP doesn't seem able to motivate the team. No season ticket for me next year.

Isn't every player in the lower leagues a reject?

It pains me to say it, but after 31 years of owning a season ticket, I too will not be getting one next term.

Penny is destroying my Oldham Team.I too only go because I have a season ticket. Forget that next season. I pay my money to be entertained.If Penny is still here next season, I will not be contributing to his wages. If I didnt do the job I was payed for I would expect the sack.

I know of seven people who have given up the ghost already this season, despite being regulars for quite a while.

A grandfather, son and grandson.

The son of a close friend.

Two close friends.

My niece's ex-husband.

Obviously, if you count myself, that's eight.

Small numbers add together to make large amounts.

I wont be there next season, not with a season ticket anyway!

I work 3 out of 4 weekends and a lot of late shifts. Every time i swap or take annual leave i lose my shift allowences!

There's no way im losing out on anymore money to watch that crap week in week out....Not unless theres some serious changes anyway, starting with the manager!

people that buy season tickets next season want there heads checking are proper Oldham Athletic supporters

Fixed it for you.

Conversley, I would estimate that those who want penny out also wanted shez out and also wanted moore out. "We've got our oldham back" - yes, and "we" proceeded to attempt to kill it.

Fixed it for you.

Conversley, I would estimate that those who want penny out also wanted shez out and also wanted moore out. "We've got our oldham back" - yes, and "we" proceeded to attempt to kill it.

Course we did. Nothing to do with a succession of clueless players. What bollocks.

I wont be renewing and at twenty quid a pop, I doubt i'll be at many home games.

I am not renewing next season, and they better not phone me up and ask why unless they REALLY want to know! There are lots of reasons, it is not just because of the manager.

I am not renewing next season, and they better not phone me up and ask why unless they REALLY want to know! There are lots of reasons, it is not just because of the manager.

It is just not the same any more... You are right, the manager is a small cog in the works... I have been saying it all season and been getting a lot of stick for it.

I know of 2 in the main stand paddock. Both have kids too

It is just not the same any more... You are right, the manager is a small cog in the works... I have been saying it all season and been getting a lot of stick for it.

I honestly think it has gotten to the point where changing the manager wont make that much of a difference.