season ticket sales next season and attendances

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a manager who actually shows he cares would make a big difference Carl.

TTA need to make a major decision and quickly.

If we could take a promotion season to Failsworth it could just ignite this club once again, however, If we are going to progress we will need a Gary Johnson type but we would have to match his ambition with a good salary and a much bigger playing budget.................The decision needs to be made whether we seriously want to become a Championship club or just drift along as we are, reducing our fan base and budget year on year.

If it's the latter we may as well keep Penney, however if we do, next years budget will be a 2nd division one!!!!

I will be renewing but have got to admit this season for me has been the most crappy boring season since I started attending games on a regular basis in the early eighties! I even enjoyed Talbot's time in charge more than this season, but that might have something to do with beating City and the flair of Kilkenny and Croft!

Edited by oafcforever

It may be poor now, but it was poor under Joe for the bit he took, and poor under shez near the end. Why not accept it is poor because there is no money in the pot. It got spent with shez going for promotion and there is nowt left. That is why it is poor because we can't afford to bring in anyone with even an ounce of talent.

:lol:

:chubb:

I'll be there next season with my ST. It was nothing to do with Penney that today. Brighton are just better players with a better understanding how to play football.

If I desert OAFC, then I deserve the side I'd get. Simple.

I'll be there next season with my ST. It was nothing to do with Penney that today. Brighton are just better players with a better understanding how to play football.

If I desert OAFC, then I deserve the side I'd get. Simple.

Youre kidding yourself if you think that a football manager has nothing to do with the effort and commitment shown from his team.

Good luck next season. :wink:

Edited by Rick

I'll be renewing, as will my nephew. This season has been crap there's no denying that, but this is our football club and we need to support them through the bad times as well as the good.

It's not just the crap football thats made it such a rubbish season its the atmosphere and negativity in the stands that has really stood out for me. There have been bad times before but i can't remember such negative atmospheres at games with what seems like a constant stream of abuse directed at both the manager and players.

Let's hope next season we get off to a good start, we start supporting the team again and we start playing with some passion

Youre kidding yourself if you think that a football manager has nothing to do with the effort and commitment shown from his team.

Good luck next season. :wink:

They were head and shoulders better than us. In that senerio 9 times out of 10 the better players win.

Didn't you call for both Moores and Shezs heads ?

Neither. Nice try.

In fact a couple of weeks before shez went and someone rumoured that BFJ was coming in I said it could create a disastrous split in the dressing room at the wrong point of the season.

what a joke today everyone one booin the penny outers,then when we went two nil down they joined in,as the second goal went in i dun one as i have dun many a time this season,penny is a joke all the game all he does is have is hands in his trackies playing withhis balls,brighton was two nil up and poyet was still rantin and ravin,4 of us have season tickets,2 of them have not been to latics since millwall at home,and if that clown is still in charge next season it will be minus 4 season tickets next season,i know 2 of us will still go but only 2 chosen games sad but true..

what a joke today everyone one booin the penny outers,then when we went two nil down they joined in,as the second goal went in i dun one as i have dun many a time this season,penny is a joke all the game all he does is have is hands in his trackies playing withhis balls,brighton was two nil up and poyet was still rantin and ravin,4 of us have season tickets,2 of them have not been to latics since millwall at home,and if that clown is still in charge next season it will be minus 4 season tickets next season,i know 2 of us will still go but only 2 chosen games sad but true..

And if you lot are a fair cross section of our fan base the decision to sack Dave Penney should be an easy one!!!!

Neither. Nice try.

In fact a couple of weeks before shez went and someone rumoured that BFJ was coming in I said it could create a disastrous split in the dressing room at the wrong point of the season.

it was q geniune question...

Me neither... Current league postion only should see him gone...

Course we did. Nothing to do with a succession of clueless players. What bollocks.

Is it? Clueless players like whittaker (signed by shez) or taylor (ineffective - played by moore and shez) or who else? Furman? That everyone wanted? Not playing colbeeck? (who everyone abuses)?

Or did "we" (the "we" that got "our" oldham back) get rid of a decent manager? And did the same "we" then get rid of shez? All because they want it all, all the time, every time. Unrealistic expectattions that are killing this club through over-critical attitudes.

People said moores players were rubbish - all rotherham old boys. shez signed a good few that people turned on - whitts, gary mac etc; now we see exactly the same lines being used on penny.

You say it's bollocks, but those people got moore out and got shez out, and now the very same cretins are chanting for ritchie and shez. That's bollocks.

Is it? Clueless players like whittaker (signed by shez) or taylor (ineffective - played by moore and shez) or who else? Furman? That everyone wanted? Not playing colbeeck? (who everyone abuses)?

Or did "we" (the "we" that got "our" oldham back) get rid of a decent manager? And did the same "we" then get rid of shez? All because they want it all, all the time, every time. Unrealistic expectattions that are killing this club through over-critical attitudes.

People said moores players were rubbish - all rotherham old boys. shez signed a good few that people turned on - whitts, gary mac etc; now we see exactly the same lines being used on penny.

You say it's bollocks, but those people got moore out and got shez out, and now the very same cretins are chanting for ritchie and shez. That's bollocks.

but whitts is gash...gray mac at least tried once in a while but casper...looked like a frightened trialist today,running round doing nothing or adding nothing....not on his own but he has been bad pretty much since we signed him..bar 7 games

I won't be renewing my season ticket, but that's got nothing to do with David Penney. There are much, much deeper problems at the club than an unpopular manager. I'll freely admit being insulted by a director was the final straw for me - I haven't been since then, but in truth all that has made me realise is that I have had enough of watching the club slowly die.

Yes of course I'm still interested, otherwise I'd have drifted away from here too. And yes of course I want my club to survive and prosper. But you know what? I haven't once missed turning out on matchday - it's actually quite a release not to have to check the fixture list before I decide to do something on a Saturday or arrange a weekend away.

but whitts is gash...gray mac at least tried once in a while but casper...looked like a frightened trialist today,running round doing nothing or adding nothing....not on his own but he has been bad pretty much since we signed him..bar 7 games

I might well have missed the point - or at least run on a tangent to it - I'm not sure if snook is trying to say that we've had clueless players all through the moore/shez/penny years, or if he is just criticising the current players. Who knows. I addressed his point based on the latter view, in respect of blaiming penny for the players failings and therefore held up examples of players whom he did not choose, but have been held up (by fans on here) as huge, important players - the wellens/whittaker debate was not entirely ironic at the time; taylor will have been seen as a messianic player.

If snook really meant 5 years of dross; well, no point entering a debate at that (low) level.