I mentioned Bradley Wright Philips last month...

:grin: Mind you, we'd have to actually convert any resulting penalty kicks into goals. :blink:

hindsight is a wonderfull thing....however its all well and good stating after the window has closed which players we were going after,why not say beforehand???

brandy could have been a decent signing,and a good few people on here were saying he could score our missing goals...

so all this from tta's that the money is there for the right signing or a marquee player type,obviously rubbish....

i hope for there sake that we now manage to avoid being relegated this season,or this will come back to bite them on the arris

I dont see the point in telling us the players we didnt get. I guess when Penny takes us down they can say they tried to bring someone in who could score goals... Shame it was in March and not September when the problems started

Well maybe one of them could have. Brandy's record is barn door like.

hindsight is a wonderfull thing....however its all well and good stating after the window has closed which players we were going after,why not say beforehand???

brandy could have been a decent signing,and a good few people on here were saying he could score our missing goals...

so all this from tta's that the money is there for the right signing or a marquee player type,obviously rubbish....

i hope for there sake that we now manage to avoid being relegated this season,or this will come back to bite them on the arris

Have to disagree with you on this.

Negotiations often have to be done in secret - it'ssimply not helpful on many occasions to state who a club is trying to get.

What the statement has done has shown that there is a genuine effort to bring in additional players . Neither Brandy or W-P would have been on peanuts - and the club was prepared to pay the going rate. But not to be ripped off by an agent. That's a fair decision.

The club would have been slammed for not making efforts. When it does and explains why they wren't succesful that's not good enough either it seems.

The money was there to pay his wages, bonuses but its a bit of a joke for his agent to demand a signing on fee as well. FFS you'd think that footballers would actually want to play football wouldn't you.

Bradley Wright-Phillips thread

I think thats the one you're talking about.

There's only one anti- BWP post on there Lukers! From Prozac.

My objection was my hobbyhorse about the phrase "worth a punt".

The others , similarly, didn't say he was bad, good, or indifferent.

Edited by LaticsPete

shame we couldnt sign any of them but the reasons given were fair enough - injury put BWP back into the first team and brandys agent wanted too much.

I still maintain that Brandy was not the answer to our problems...we don't need a Premiership 'Starlet' poncing about at our club when we are trying to stave off relegation, even less so when said 'Starlet' doesn't even know where the net is either.

We are stuck with what we've got, so let's just hope for the best. :wink:

Heff was a good signing and not cheap I imagine, Price not a bad one, so far so good from Guy, and they were after others. Bit harsh there Ed?

Heff was a good signing and not cheap I imagine, Price not a bad one, so far so good from Guy, and they were after others. Bit harsh there Ed?

maybe maybe not...

thing is,if they wont pay to stave off relegation,something which could still happen...then they sure as hell wont pay to get promotion....

you have sc bleating on at every given chance how nobody backs us and the public aint interested..and oh yeah the moneys there for the right player should it arise....yet we still dont have anything of a high calibre player on the books...yes heff n price wont have been on low money....but there hardly marquee players are they...