To the 2832 other mugs...

By not attending you are only hurting the club....

I'm sure the club know the feelings of the fans, I know Penney isn't expecting any Christmas Cards this Year.

We are all upset with this non standard of football, let all attend on Sat, a greater voice is heard when the masses speak !!!

Its not about hurting OUR club, its about having our club hurt !!

Attend Sat, be a fan and protest in a way that will not hurt the club.

How am I hurting the club?. As a ST holder, the club has already had my money, with no incentative being offered against all the cheap offers it has put on for non ST holders this year. I am not bothered about the money, but I am sure i can find myself something more entertaining than that :censored:e for the rest of the season.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I dont like penney and want him out,

BUT

i will continue to support every single player who pulls a latics shirt regardless of manager and what everyone is doing at home games and away games when i can.

Get a big group of fans outside the stadium and chant penney out or whatever then, but support the players, if you dont support the players then your not a true latics fan, (those who cant actually make it due to other committments/financial difficulties then its understandable you cant attend)

Players are already shot on confidence, look at how much better they played when the crowd was making noise, getting behind them yesterday at periods of the game.

PS, if the woman in the main stand upper who was shoutin at hardy to get penney out, you provided me with a laugh :) but you did miss pav's second :wink:

We need to really get behind them on Saturday - we'll be bleedin' sorry if we go down as we'll still be down long after DP has left and we're all over him. Proper relegation battle this is now.

'Cut your nose off to spite your face' springs to mind.

But you don't go anymore cos Penney's in charge remember?

I didn't bother going - his tenure has been the one to drive me away

You're a joke, and not a very good one.

TTA need to look at the Chron from a couple of nights back to see what drew 19,000+ supporters in 20 years ago - success on the pitch, rather than a relegation threatened circus of underachievers. If they want to see any return on their investment they need to concentrate on what kind of football they can put on the BP pitch instead of how many houses they can build on it.

I'm sick of being the one that gets behind the team when the people who really can make things happen are either stood on the touchline with their hands in their pockets, or sat at their desks dreaming up hare-brained schemes for pocketing a return on their business venture before jumping ship and moving on.

Interesting comments.........similar cynicism to some that I showed in January......

Predicted in the summer what would happen under Penney. Some very vocal people on here for his head. Answer me the following then:

How on earth do you expect us as a club to go from targeting players and coming up against the likes of ambitious clubs like Doncaster and Blackpool etc. as we did over the years, to this now...asking the new manager to go bargain hunting, taking players from reserve sides in this league or from Lge 2. Our competitor was Donny in the transfer market, now it is 'Dale!!! We can't even entice that young lad here (can't think of his name) who has decided to try his luck at Crewe!!!

Silk purse from a sows ear...blood from a stone...ain't going to happen. Sing and shout all you like about Penney...I'll judge him once he's given some money to bring in the likes of Heffernan and one or two others with calibre and not some risky gambles which money currently dictates. Either TTA back their man in the next 10 days or...well, I'll be wondering if my cynical League 2 Championship Winners in our 1st season in Failsworth "dream" is the actual plan in motion now!!! I want to be proven wrong!!!

Fans are leaving because of the ambition...the only ones being shown are completely off the field (no promise of investment to the team, even if we get to Failsworth) and a good percentage of those still here don't want Failsworth. Those left behind heckle, ironic cheer and boo....everyone is to blame in this mess and it's feeling pretty much irreversible. I really don't see any other manager having a chance with what Penneys got given (budget and our lot who like it or not, hold us back)...and do we want the same fans favourite debacle as the last one?

The answer isn't a sacking...the answer is some investment on the field...if TTA aren't prepared to do it...then to use a phrase, they need to "get off the pot"...take a loss and sell up and let someone else have a go. Commercially, TTA have been a disaster...scoreboard anyone? On-the-field...we were getting it right till they took a massive wrong turn and gave into the fans (by sacking Moore.) Another disaster! Now...they've had enough of us, the fan. It's all about the move....and the rest get to see stagnation and obliteration....

Enjoy the ride folks!

Whether I want him sacked or not, it seems TTA are either acting in 1 of 3 ways:

1) Happy to see us go down so we can rebuild in Failsworth (blind cynicism)

2) Have faith in him to turn it around (blind faith)

3) Decided that having listened to the fans in getting Moore sacked, they realised that was a massive mistake and one they're not prepared to make again. Regardless of feet-stomping. This decision also backed up by the fact they did it 12mths ago (with Shez) and it turned out to be a disastrous final 9 games.

At present, I'd say they're plumping for number 3. Could suggest it's more fans reaping and sowing!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Interesting comments.........similar cynicism to some that I showed in January......

Whether I want him sacked or not, it seems TTA are either acting in 1 of 3 ways:

1) Happy to see us go down so we can rebuild in Failsworth (blind cynicism)

2) Have faith in him to turn it around (blind faith)

3) Decided that having listened to the fans in getting Moore sacked, they realised that was a massive mistake and one they're not prepared to make again. Regardless of feet-stomping. This decision also backed up by the fact they did it 12mths ago (with Shez) and it turned out to be a disastrous final 9 games.

At present, I'd say they're plumping for number 3. Could suggest it's more fans reaping and sowing!

I am opting for 3 as well....

I know Lags.......it was a 'toys out of the pram' moment and one which i've been feeling more times this season than any other before....which is why i let the keyboard wobble! Didn't help getting a puncture on the way home.....trust me.....that WAS Penny's fault!!

You and I both know i'll be there Saturday because i just can't help myself. After 40 odd years it is painful to be driven to the level of frustration that i/most of us currently am/are.

I guess the major point of frustration is that it is so blindingly obvious that so much about our club is wrong at the moment. I can cope with much of what happens on the pitch, piss poor though it is......but on top of that........silly, trivial things like reducing the number of gatemen on the car park. OK, the club has a dutiful obligation to us all to attempt to match revenue with cost. It's a bugger of an equation but the answer is not to take decisions that will ultimately reduce revenue still further.....like leaving a trail of cars queueing up on Broadway at kick off time on crowds around 3,000!!! I don't eat pies so i don't suffer the effect of the club not ordering enough....but clearly, many people often do. Of course, it's all extremely trivial.......but the nature of trivial is that it assumes disproportionate significance when what really matters is allowed to fall apart. History says that just about every war and most divorces are living proof. I've never knowingly caused a war......but i can attest to a few of the divorce statistics.....one of them was founded on the fact that i never spent any time at home on Saturdays :grin:

Anyhow....i usually only ever post nonsense designed to wind one or two up....last night was different....perhpas for the first time ever i TRULY felt like jacking it in, however temporary that feeling was. That alone should be enough of a warning to those in control. 40 odd years a paying customer says i've the patience of Jobe. The current situation/product/outlook is creating apathy.

Aww OTID, its never nonsense just shear bloody frustration - we all have it as we are latics fans its an annnoying itch you cannot scratch. You can have good days (okay I am struggling on that one) and bad days were you've scratched, picked and almost bleed to death to get it out of your system but there is no cure. Its better to have a rant on here than go home an kick the cat like the other fan did the other week :grin:

With regards to divorce statistics - does it count if you both are latics fans?...hmmm okay I'll give in to the fact that me and the ball and chain can differ on opinions on match days, however as I am a woman - I am always right... :wink:

This frustration has been building all season. Would a one game boycott hurt us that much? If the season ticket holders don't bother, then the club loses nothing.

at 2833, then that means some season ticket holders didnt go last night, if TTA cant see that then they must be blind.

at 2833, then that means some season ticket holders didnt go last night, if TTA cant see that then they must be blind.

I really tried Steve not to go as I am a ST holder. Usual excuse, hard day at work, the wet and wild weather getting pissed on travelling there and back, prospect of us not scoring so not jumping up and down to keep warm either.

But its a social thing for me too, meeting up with fellow fans saying how mad we are and if we are losing at half time should we escape to watch the Manure game?

Glad I went - vented some frustration out, had a sing saw fleeting moments of footy an a couple of goals too

Could have been worse, I could have been really suicidal..... :wink:

I do wonder if any of these that boo and sing at Penney and berate the players have thought of the possibility that if we did go down, TTA would be less likely to sack Penney than if we stayed up. Why, you might ask? Simple...less cash in the pot to afford to sack him and also, he's been able to bring a team up from the bottom tier before. Oh and let's not forget, as the attendances are down and League Two standard, we'll fit right in at that level.

Think about it...think about what you might actually be doing if you want Penney out...

BB80...

As I was saying another thread... Some fans sing, some fans moan, some fans sit down and eat a pie...

Time to drop the super fan one up manship I think... Fans falling out with each other and questioning each others level of support is counter productive...

Since the year dot football fans have been fickle. Slag off a player one moment, sing his name loud another...

The problems around the club have little to do with negative fans... It is a problem certain sections of our support shouting how they will have words with the next fan who dares to question the team etc etc...

Edited by oafc0000

BB80...

As I was saying another thread... Some fans sing, some fans moan, some fans sit down and eat a pie...

Time to drop the super fan one up manship I think... Fans falling out with each other and questioning each others level of support is counter productive...

Since the year dot football fans have been fickle. Slag off a player one moment, sing his name loud another...

The problems around the club have little to do with negative fans... It is a problem certain sections of our support shouting how they will have words with the next fan who dares to question the team etc etc...

Well as you don't go anyway, my post has nothing all to do with you. If that's one-upping, so be it eh!

Well as you don't go anyway, my post has :censored: all to do with you. If that's one-upping, so be it eh!

Oh and as you weren't there and I've not read every post on here since last night...last thing Gregan needed after his cock up were the dicks behind the goal at him. Cue heated exchange, Gregan telling them to f*** off (rightly so in m view) and more choice words...after a minute or two of him seeming uber angry at these clowns and even more shaky, he staved it off and made sure 3-1 didn't become what at that point could've been an avalanche! Thankfully, Gregan's wily enough to do this....most of the rest of the team isn't. Cut the crap....it affects every player to hear some of the :censored: coming out.

As I say, if we down, the Penney Outers might not be very happy with what comes from it! Another season of Penney...2,500 watching. So be it...I'll be there...uber-fan or not...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Oh and as you weren't there and I've not read every post on here since last night...last thing Gregan needed after his cock up were the dicks behind the goal at him. Cue heated exchange, Gregan telling them to f*** off (rightly so in m view) and more choice words...after a minute or two of him seeming uber angry at these clowns and even more shaky, he staved it off and made sure 3-1 didn't become what at that point could've been an avalanche! Thankfully, Gregan's wily enough to do this....most of the rest of the team isn't. Cut the crap....it affects every player to hear some of the :censored: coming out.

As I say, if we down, the Penney Outers might not be very happy with what comes from it!

One could argue the fans gave him a kick up the backside ? I think you just helped the defences case there...

:wink:

Edited by oafc0000

The last thing any of this team need at the moment is fans dishing out negative, bitter chants to individuals and the manager - yes we all pay our money, yes we all say how we feel about a player or a game - but if you're that annoyed and bitter then feck off to the pub/home, but don't ruin it further for the rest of those who are trying to get behind them and those on the pitch looking for a bit of 'constructive' support!!

The last thing any of this team need at the moment is fans dishing out negative, bitter chants to individuals and the manager - yes we all pay our money, yes we all say how we feel about a player or a game - but if you're that annoyed and bitter then feck off to the pub/home, but don't ruin it further for the rest of those who are trying to get behind them and those on the pitch looking for a bit of 'constructive' support!!

So all of a sudden its more your club than other fans ?

:huh:

The Gregan example shows the fans probably got a better performance out of Gregan than DP was going to get... Faultless after his kick up the backside apparently.

Edited by oafc0000

We weren't at 2500 when you and others first fecked off....

No we wasn't... But you are not interested in why people fecked off... You are more concerned about creating a match day experience that suits you and not others.

Edited by oafc0000

So you clearly ignored the "Thankfully, Gregan's wily enough to do this....most of the rest of the team isn't."

Very clever....

Gregan possesses enough quality to make a difference. The rest of the squad don't (according to fans, result, newspaper reports and good old league tables)... Cheers DP and co...

Edited by oafc0000