To the 2832 other mugs...

It's been a dreadful season, no doubt about it. In the few games I've seen we've played like Brazil (Orient away - I was pissed), played well (Walsall at home), played averagely (Charlton away) and played poorly (Exeter away). This doesn't quite qualify me to comment on the standards over the entire season, of course, but it's preventing me from getting too angry at the management team and the players.

I've always been an advocate of people talking with their feet if they deem it necessary - their money, their choice - but at this point in time I think it's more important than ever that people turn up. Forget the fact that the football is dire. Forget your dislike of the manager. Cast aside your opinions on the players' capabilities. Just turn up (if you can afford it) and be positive.

This is coming from the biggest moaning cynic ever. That's how bad the situation is.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading after that.

No. Not ever. Get behind your team. Saturday is hugelarge. We are desperate for a win. Get behind the lads or piss off to Eastlands/Old Trafford/Spotland/Wherever.

Its a bad run, a bad season. FFS, we are Oldham Athletic. Its not meant to be easy.

I agree 100%. Too much posturing and "look at me I'm unhappy" on here. None of us are happy but it's only by getting behind the team that the club will benefit.

Sorry OTID I cannot agree with you. It's the wrong way to show your displeasure for me. It hurts the club way way too much and it's the club you and I support. Support means funding it. Dave Penney is not the club, this crop of players is not the club, TTA is not the club. The club is much bigger than them all. It is all who went before us, it's us that go now and all them to follow and the name Oldham Athletic.

How many times as each and every supporter had to stand up in a play ground, a pub, in a place of work with head held high and shoulders back and say I follow OAFC and we're the best club in the world to plastic scum. Now is the time to show that steel now, keep us up and then at the seasons end ask the questions and demand the answers you want.

Saturday is massive and for me anything other than a Latics win will seel our fate as League Two next season. Oh and Dave don't you dare dress Saturday as anything other than a must win game. I can see TTA don't want to pay off yet another manager and I believe that's down to the toy costing more than they are prepared to cough up for it these days. So lets resolve the ground issue one way or another and move aside if it's no longer shiny and new.

Edited by Lags

I've always been an advocate of people talking with their feet if they deem it necessary - their money, their choice - but at this point in time I think it's more important than ever that people turn up. Forget the fact that the football is dire. Forget your dislike of the manager. Cast aside your opinions on the players' capabilities. Just turn up (if you can afford it) and be positive.

Tell you what - You :censored: turn up for me. Your dad has my season ticket, you can use that - I've finished with it.

I don't want to see another match until that team has someone managing it with tactics, motivation and passion.

I've no intention of allowing this bunch of morons that are systematically tearing our club apart to believe that everything is ok just because I'm still there blindly cheering on a group of badly coached misfits.

TTA (Three Tw*ts Associated) need to look at the Chron from a couple of nights back to see what drew 19,000+ supporters in 20 years ago - success on the pitch, rather than a relegation threatened circus of underachievers. If they want to see any return on their investment they need to concentrate on what kind of football they can put on the BP pitch instead of how many houses they can build on it.

I'm sick of being the one that gets behind the team when the people who really can make things happen are either stood on the touchline with their hands in their pockets, or sat at their desks dreaming up hare-brained schemes for pocketing a return on their business venture before jumping ship and moving on.

Tell you what - You :censored: turn up for me. Your dad has my season ticket, you can use that - I've finished with it.

I don't want to see another match until that team has someone managing it with tactics, motivation and passion.

I've no intention of allowing this bunch of morons that are systematically tearing our club apart to believe that everything is ok just because I'm still there blindly cheering on a group of badly coached misfits.

TTA (Three Tw*ts Associated) need to look at the Chron from a couple of nights back to see what drew 19,000+ supporters in 20 years ago - success on the pitch, rather than a relegation threatened circus of underachievers. If they want to see any return on their investment they need to concentrate on what kind of football they can put on the BP pitch instead of how many houses they can build on it.

I'm sick of being the one that gets behind the team when the people who really can make things happen are either stood on the touchline with their hands in their pockets, or sat at their desks dreaming up hare-brained schemes for pocketing a return on their business venture before jumping ship and moving on.

That post has hit the target more times than we have all season.

Bang on Sir.

I really do fear the worst...when the going gets tough our fans get going!! I would hate to fathom what our attendances in the divisions below would be like!

I give you three occasions when the going was either as tough or arguably tougher, both financially and on the field, Ritchie's team of kids and journeymen in the late 90's

1998-1999

Season Average 5628

Season High 12976

Season Low 3913

1999-2000

Season average 5391

Season High 9432

Season Low 3807

2000-2001

Season average 4972

Season High 9359

Season Low 3011

Then I give you attendance stats so far this season

2009-2010

Season Average 4700 (nearly a drop of 1000)

Season High 8569

Season Low 2833

Point being, in the grand scheme of things, we have had worse situations on and off the field, yet the fans were not deserting the club to the extent which they are now.

Point being, in the grand scheme of things, we have had worse situations on and off the field, yet the fans were not deserting the club to the extent which they are now.

Ownership, direction and hope... Only conclusion I can come too... It just came to a head early with me than others.

I give you three occasions when the going was either as tough or arguably tougher, both financially and on the field, Ritchie's team of kids and journeymen in the late 90's

1998-1999

Season Average 5628

Season High 12976

Season Low 3913

1999-2000

Season average 5391

Season High 9432

Season Low 3807

2000-2001

Season average 4972

Season High 9359

Season Low 3011

2009-2010

Season High 8569

Season Low 2833

This confirms to me fans don't want to see the negative football which has blighted BP this season.

2,800 says a lot...it says a club which belongs in league 2 or conference!

That is where this current bunch of players and management team belong.

Out of their depth added to their lack of commitment and effort and that is why we're in the :censored:.

WOEFUL

I don't know what was more embarrassing again last night - Our woeful individual mistakes that cost us the game or the lack of support for the team when it needed it most at 2-1 and 3-1 down - although i'm sure many were sat at home pleased with Rooney's first goal sat watching the tv.

Once their 2nd goal went in and the voices of doom began to shout loud, the change in players' body language changed massively. They need fan's support chaps and chappess'. Lack of quality - yes, lack of goals - definately, lack of effort - no, lack of cohesion - no, lack of direction - no, lack of confidence - oh yes.

And if i'm a mug for not boycotting my team and club and instead supporting my team - then so be it - i'll continue thanks.

1998-1999

Season Average 5628

Season High 12976

Season Low 3913

1999-2000

Season average 5391

Season High 9432

Season Low 3807

2000-2001

Season average 4972

Season High 9359

Season Low 3011

2009-2010

Season High 8569

Season Low 2833

I think if Moore hadn't come in then we would have been in this situation at the start of the last decade very quickly! The club was sinking back then, although I do feel that relegation to the basement division would not have had as negative an impact back then as it will now.

Sorry OTID I cannot agree with you. It's the wrong way to show your displeasure for me. It hurts the club way way too much and it's the club you and I support. Support means funding it. Dave Penney is not the club, this crop of players is not the club, TTA is not the club. The club is much bigger than them all. It is all who went before us, it's us that go now and all them to follow and the name Oldham Athletic.

How many times as each and every supporter had to stand up in a play ground, a pub, in a place of work with head held high and shoulders back and say I follow OAFC and we're the best club in the world to plastic scum. Now is the time to show that steel now, keep us up and then at the seasons end ask the questions and demand the answers you want.

Saturday is massive and for me anything other than a Latics win will seel our fate as League Two next season. Oh and Dave don't you dare dress Saturday as anything other than a must win game. I can see TTA don't want to pay off yet another manager and I believe that's down to the toy costing more than they are prepared to cough up for it these days. So lets resolve the ground issue one way or another and move aside if it's no longer shiny and new.

I know Lags.......it was a 'toys out of the pram' moment and one which i've been feeling more times this season than any other before....which is why i let the keyboard wobble! Didn't help getting a puncture on the way home.....trust me.....that WAS Penny's fault!!

You and I both know i'll be there Saturday because i just can't help myself. After 40 odd years it is painful to be driven to the level of frustration that i/most of us currently am/are.

I guess the major point of frustration is that it is so blindingly obvious that so much about our club is wrong at the moment. I can cope with much of what happens on the pitch, piss poor though it is......but on top of that........silly, trivial things like reducing the number of gatemen on the car park. OK, the club has a dutiful obligation to us all to attempt to match revenue with cost. It's a bugger of an equation but the answer is not to take decisions that will ultimately reduce revenue still further.....like leaving a trail of cars queueing up on Broadway at kick off time on crowds around 3,000!!! I don't eat pies so i don't suffer the effect of the club not ordering enough....but clearly, many people often do. Of course, it's all extremely trivial.......but the nature of trivial is that it assumes disproportionate significance when what really matters is allowed to fall apart. History says that just about every war and most divorces are living proof. I've never knowingly caused a war......but i can attest to a few of the divorce statistics.....one of them was founded on the fact that i never spent any time at home on Saturdays :grin:

Anyhow....i usually only ever post nonsense designed to wind one or two up....last night was different....perhpas for the first time ever i TRULY felt like jacking it in, however temporary that feeling was. That alone should be enough of a warning to those in control. 40 odd years a paying customer says i've the patience of Jobe. The current situation/product/outlook is creating apathy.

What he said.

in truth 2800 odds who turned up saw a good 10 mins start by Latics and a real good go the last 10 mins. It's down to Penney to get that for 90 mins. Come Saturday we've got to go and take the game to Gillingham and attack the entire 90. Not total wreckless like but defo go for the juglar with players on the pitch that can do that style. So not total mugs are we? we're Latics fans.

.....would you consider a boycott of Saturday on the basis that over 2,000 per game are already doing so since the start of the season?

I've never been one for packing in on my team but right now it'd be preferable to go to confession on a Saturday afternoon than going to BP to watch the :censored:e that is currently on offer. Let's face it.....Saturday against Gillingham ain't going to be any different to tonight. Big, physical, boring but effective and committed team up against a clueless poorly trained outfit in front of a sparse crowd in a run down :censored: hole.

Will you make a stand (pardon the pun!).....TTA are biding their time for whatever reason......your voice on the board has no impact for whatever reason.....

.......an empty (fully empty) stadium cannot be ignored.

I'm out Saturday!

No - but I don't plan to renew my season ticket if we get relegated OR if Dave Penis is still Manager.

:ranting: