To the 2832 other mugs...

.....would you consider a boycott of Saturday on the basis that over 2,000 per game are already doing so since the start of the season?

I've never been one for packing in on my team but right now it'd be preferable to go to confession on a Saturday afternoon than going to BP to watch the :censored:e that is currently on offer. Let's face it.....Saturday against Gillingham ain't going to be any different to tonight. Big, physical, boring but effective and committed team up against a clueless poorly trained outfit in front of a sparse crowd in a run down :censored: hole.

Will you make a stand (pardon the pun!).....TTA are biding their time for whatever reason......your voice on the board has no impact for whatever reason.....

.......an empty (fully empty) stadium cannot be ignored.

I'm out Saturday!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....would you consider a boycott of Saturday on the basis that over 2,000 per game are already doing so since the start of the season?

I've never been one for packing in on my team but right now it'd be preferable to go to confession on a Saturday afternoon than going to BP to watch the :censored:e that is currently on offer. Let's face it.....Saturday against Gillingham ain't going to be any different to tonight. Big, physical, boring but effective and committed team up against a clueless poorly trained outfit in front of a sparse crowd in a run down :censored: hole.

Will you make a stand (pardon the pun!).....TTA are biding their time for whatever reason......your voice on the board has no impact for whatever reason.....

I'm out Saturday!

be realistic...the low crowd tonight means fans are already boycotting games..so posting a message on here your going to get what...15 20 people not going on saturday????

wont make a ripple im affraid....

now if everybody who still attends is as pissed off as everyone is portraying,then wouldnt it be better to try and harness everybody into singing penny out songs so the board have to take notice??? just a thought

By not attending you are only hurting the club....

I'm sure the club know the feelings of the fans, I know Penney isn't expecting any Christmas Cards this Year.

We are all upset with this non standard of football, let all attend on Sat, a greater voice is heard when the masses speak !!!

Its not about hurting OUR club, its about having our club hurt !!

Attend Sat, be a fan and protest in a way that will not hurt the club.

be realistic...the low crowd tonight means fans are already boycotting games..so posting a message on here your going to get what...15 20 people not going on saturday????

wont make a ripple im affraid....

now if everybody who still attends is as pissed off as everyone is portraying,then wouldnt it be better to try and harness everybody into singing penny out songs so the board have to take notice??? just a thought

baaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Could have disastrous consequences.

Firstly, a boycott to get rid of a manager? Are our fans gonna embarrass themselves even further this season? Talks of petitions, marches, and now boycotts! It's hilarious. Our many managers have we had in our history? Yet we're still here in the 3rd highest league. Come on, let's have some common sense please.

If for some reason we get say a Macclesfield-esque gate on Saturday, well done, we've pushed our club ever closer to administration. Who's gonna run to our rescue straight away when TTA decide enough's enough? They're not gonna fund us, and a takeover this late in a season?

Good idea that.

Could have disastrous consequences.

Firstly, a boycott to get rid of a manager? Are our fans gonna embarrass themselves even further this season? Talks of petitions, marches, and now boycotts! It's hilarious. Our many managers have we had in our history? Yet we're still here in the 3rd highest league. Come on, let's have some common sense please.

If for some reason we get say a Macclesfield-esque gate on Saturday, well done, we've pushed our club ever closer to administration. Who's gonna run to our rescue straight away when TTA decide enough's enough? They're not gonna fund us, and a takeover this late in a season?

Good idea that.

The strongest way to protest is with your feet.

Pi** poor crowds are a testimony to that fact.

Whether or not the Directors will act upon that is another matter.

.....would you consider a boycott

I stopped reading after that.

No. Not ever. Get behind your team. Saturday is hugelarge. We are desperate for a win. Get behind the lads or piss off to Eastlands/Old Trafford/Spotland/Wherever.

Its a bad run, a bad season. FFS, we are Oldham Athletic. Its not meant to be easy.

I'm out Saturday!

I know about 80% of you will disagree with my comments here, but i would rather stand there and abuse them, call them lazy gutless twats than turn my back.

And for people who think I wouldnt say it to a players face, I have done it on occasions before and would have no reservations in doing so again. It is my club, I pay their wages. If I think they are :censored:e, I will tell them so.

I'm out Saturday!

Good for you otid I respect your point of view, Hope you respect mine that i will turn up, have a pie and support my team

Just one thing to add, to the guy sat behind me who shouted 'you f****ing knob' at at our 17 year old right winger after he let a pass slip under his foot, good for you too. I respect your view also and will do still if you follow otid's recommendation on saturday as well.

I'm out Saturday!

many people have stopped going which is why we can't even get 3000 fans. This attendances are equal to league 2 football. its disappointing.

No. Not ever. Get behind your team. Saturday is hugelarge. We are desperate for a win. Get behind the lads or piss off to Eastlands/Old Trafford/Spotland/Wherever.

Its a bad run, a bad season. FFS, we are Oldham Athletic. Its not meant to be easy.

Exactly Dave...

Unbelievable reading yet again from some. :disappointed:

I agree whole heartedly, if you don't like what you see, don't go - that's your protest fair enough and I would prefer if you didn't because I am at a point now in RRE that your going to get MY opinion right back at you. I did it last night and I will do it again. Sit down and behave yourself - or sing for your team.

Latics is my team, my choice and I WILL NOT turn my back on them, sing how crap we are or call for any persons head on a platter. We take the rough with the smooth. Our season has not been what we all expected.

Our Captain and other players have asked for your support - they have stated get behind them and not slate them. They obviously still want to play for the manager and some are still showing some pride in wearing the shirt, we even saw a great prospect in Mr Kirk last night too - so what you going to do?

Get you backside down to BP on Sat, it's going to be entertaining and I can't wait.

Nice one Dave - Saturday is huge - this season is all about staying in League 1 - I will be making a 400 mile round trip for this one - it's never been easy - it never will be - we are Oldham. :wink:

I agree whole heartedly, if you don't like what you see, don't go - that's your protest fair enough and I would prefer if you didn't because I am at a point now in RRE that your going to get MY opinion right back at you. I did it last night and I will do it again. Sit down and behave yourself - or sing for your team.

Latics is my team, my choice and I WILL NOT turn my back on them, sing how crap we are or call for any persons head on a platter. We take the rough with the smooth. Our season has not been what we all expected.

Our Captain and other players have asked for your support - they have stated get behind them and not slate them. They obviously still want to play for the manager and some are still showing some pride in wearing the shirt, we even saw a great prospect in Mr Kirk last night too - so what you going to do?

Get you backside down to BP on Sat, it's going to be entertaining and I can't wait.

Again - spot on <_<

They obviously still want to play for the manager

I don't altogether agree.

I commented during the game against Brighton and again last that the opposition looked like they had an extra man such was there effort and workrate compared with us, thats not a team pulling their tripe out for a manager.

I think some of the players are disillusioned with him, his team selection and his tactics and it shows.