According to the BBC website, Burnley equaled the record held by Latics for the worst start to a Premier League match (conceding three goals in the first seven minutes) during their tonking by City.

So..without checking Google, who were Latics' opponents that day, what was the final score and who was the rather hapless goalkeeper whose disastrous kicks led to the pasting?

Your answers please....

Coventry away? Peter N'dlove?

tend to agree,

Seem to remember listening to the match while driving to work (at Belle Vue Dog Track of all places)

Early evening kick off and rushing to get there so that I could watch the match which was being broadcast by Sky

After the third goal lost interest in that particular game

tend to agree,

Seem to remember listening to the match while driving to work (at Belle Vue Dog Track of all places)

Early evening kick off and rushing to get there so that I could watch the match which was being broadcast by Sky

After the third goal lost interest in that particular game

If it's this one then no.

At Highfield Road on 23-01-1993

English Premier

Coventry 3 (3) - 0 (0) Oldham

Gallacher 6

Ndlovu 12

Gallacher 18

Coventry: Ogrizovic, Babb, Atherton, Busst, Williams, Borrows, Ndlovu, Gynn, Rosario, Quinn, Gallacher (Rowland, 40 )

Subs not used: Billing,Gould,

Oldham: Gerrard, Halle, Pointon ( Adams, 57 ) , Bernard, Jobson, Fleming, Palmer, Olney, Marshall, Milligan, Redmond

Subs not used: Gray, Makin,

Bookings: Quinn (Coventry) Fleming , Milligan (Oldham)

Attendance: 10544

If it's this one then no.

At Highfield Road on 23-01-1993

English Premier

Coventry 3 (3) - 0 (0) Oldham

Gallacher 6

Ndlovu 12

Gallacher 18

Coventry: Ogrizovic, Babb, Atherton, Busst, Williams, Borrows, Ndlovu, Gynn, Rosario, Quinn, Gallacher (Rowland, 40 )

Subs not used: Billing,Gould,

Oldham: Gerrard, Halle, Pointon ( Adams, 57 ) , Bernard, Jobson, Fleming, Palmer, Olney, Marshall, Milligan, Redmond

Subs not used: Gray, Makin,

Bookings: Quinn (Coventry) Fleming , Milligan (Oldham)

Attendance: 10544

Thats the one I was thinking of. so it isn't the answer.

Could be Wimbledon away at Selhurst then????????????

Thats the one I was thinking of. so it isn't the answer.

Could be Wimbledon away at Selhurst then????????????

BT was riight

18-Sep-93 Tottenham H 5 - 0 Oldham Ref: A.Gunn 24,61

Goal Details

5 minutes

Sedgley scored with a right foot shot from close in. The goal came from open play and an assist was credited to Campbell.

6 minutes

Sheringham scored with a right foot shot from within the penalty area. The goal came from open play.

7 minutes

Sheringham scored with a right foot shot from within the penalty area. The goal came from open play.

62 minutes

Durie scored with a left foot shot from close in. The goal came from open play and assists were credited to both Sheringham and Anderton.

86 minutes

Dozzell scored with a right foot shot from within the penalty area. The goal came from open play and an assist was credited to Caskey.

BT was riight

Goal Details

5 minutes

Sedgley scored with a right foot shot from close in. The goal came from open play and an assist was credited to Campbell.

6 minutes

7 minutes

62 minutes

Durie scored with a left foot shot from close in. The goal came from open play and assists were credited to both Sheringham and Anderton.

86 minutes

Dozzell scored with a right foot shot from within the penalty area. The goal came from open play and an assist was credited to Caskey.

I sometimes look at players who have played in the Premier League and feel sure that I could do a job there.

I mean, Jason Dozzell for god's sake!

Out of order, but I take your point.

Another one is Stuart Nethercott!!

Teams that day

Tottenham H

Anderton, D

Austin, D

Calderwood, C

Campbell, S

Caskey, D

Dozzell, J

Durie, G

Mabbutt, G

Moran, P

Samways, V

Sedgley, S

Sheringham, T

Thorstvedt, E

Oldham

Adams, N

Bernard, P

Brennan, M

Fleming, C

Gerrard, P

Halle, G

Henry, N

Jobson, R

Milligan, M

Olney, I

Redmond, S

Ritchie, A

Sharp, G

Teams that day

Tottenham H

Anderton, D

Austin, D

Calderwood, C

Campbell, S

Caskey, D

Dozzell, J

Durie, G

Mabbutt, G

Moran, P

Samways, V

Sedgley, S

Sheringham, T

Thorstvedt, E

Oldham

Adams, N

Bernard, P

Brennan, M

Fleming, C

Gerrard, P

Halle, G

Henry, N

Jobson, R

Milligan, M

Olney, I

Redmond, S

Ritchie, A

Sharp, G

Them two teams wouldn't look out of place in the Oldham Sunday League!

Dean Austin. Dean chuffin' Austin?! I'm absolutely convinced I could do a job based on his career.

Anyone remember Samways scoring a beauty at BP? Curler into the bottom corner from about 25 yards.

Dean Austin. Dean chuffin' Austin?! I'm absolutely convinced I could do a job based on his career.

Anyone remember Samways scoring a beauty at BP? Curler into the bottom corner from about 25 yards.

Justin Edinburgh!!!!!

Another one who was tosh was Peter Fear. Alan Kimble. Dean Blackwell. Kit Symons!

Jesus, I thought it was supposed to be the best League in the world. Pile of crap.

Forever remembered in OASIS (Gold) circles for Roger Cornish who got to his seat at 2.59 and then realised he had dropped his glasses. Went back to the turnstile where he remembered having them last and got back to his seat at 3.08. Refused to believe that we were three down until we could find someone with a radio to confirm the score.

Further immortalised by Kelvin Jack's' match report:

"It was a game of two halves.The first half involved constant penetrative attacks by Durie, Sheringham et al....The second half involved me taking the 73 bus towards Finsbury Park"

Edited by Dave_Og

BT was riight

Goal Details

5 minutes

6 minutes

7 minutes

62 minutes

86 minutes

The assists for the first three goals should have been credited to Paul Gerrard.

He mis-kicked each one straight to a Spurs player and ended up picking the ball out of his goal immediately afterwards.

He should have had his number on his arse that day, as it was on view more than his shirt.