Match Thread: Bristol Rovers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham boss Dave Penney told BBC Radio Manchester:

"I don't think 46 (points) is enough to keep you up, so we'll go to MK and try and get another three points.

"I've never set a target where I wanted to finish or a points target and I won't do now, just keep going until the next game and try and pick up as many points as we can.

"We've give Deane a bit of a reality check, left him out for a couple of games and that's the way you react."

Nice to see some honesty and acceptance that Smalley wasn't playing to the standard we expect and that he is capable of... hopefully Taylor's early departure and possible rest at MK will bring the same reaction?

What an important day today could turn out to be. Our late winner coupled with favourable results elsewhere has given us a great chance of staying up now.

We've still to stay focused and work hard but our destiny is in our own hands.

Lets put this sorry season to bed and return stronger next term.

In a way though I hope they don't get docked points 'cause I want Tranmere to go down.

As funny as Tranmere going down would be, right now i want anyone other than us to go down and i don't care who. Every little helps. I see Southend's players haven't been paid their March wages, so maybe they could be heading for admin. Not that i'd wish that on anyone, but, y'know...

Was really impressed with our 2nd half display, looked far more attacking once Smalley came on. Wish Penney would stop pissing about pushing players out of position though - "Guy's doing well up front, isn't he? Let's stick him out on the wing,see what happens....". And as much as i don't think Brill should have been dropped, Flahavan was superb.