Stockport County

ST offer  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics offer county ST holders our discount deal?

• Yes
    • No

Heard another rumour today this could be there last season (I guess it depends on finding late new backers) It'll be a shame for their fans who it as to be said have stuck by them in good numbers this season. If it does come to pass this is the last of Stocport County as we know them should Latics offer any County season ticket holder the same discount deal here at Boundary Park next season?

Heard another rumour today this could be there last season (I guess it depends on finding late new backers) It'll be a shame for their fans who it as to be said have stuck by them in good numbers this season. If it does come to pass this is the last of Stocport County as we know them should Latics offer any County season ticket holder the same discount deal here at Boundary Park next season?

You are not allowed to start two consecutive seasons in admin and I believe if the 2015 consortium deal doesnt go through (or it does but they cant bring them out of admin) then their chucked down 5 divisions?

If Oldham went down the pan, would you suddenly start supporting Stockport?

I doubt it but sooner or later I'd follow someone or become a football watching gypsy. Most probably have a second team soft spot, not neccesarilly support as such but kinda watch out for results and hope they win.

id much rather the club try to get back its own lost fans rather than go cap in hand to another clubs fans offering them deals to become a fan....

you honestly think any of them would???

nobody would give a stuff if we went tits up again,and i certainly wouldnt want to follow any other team....to me if you can switch allegence so quickly then your not a real fan in the first place.

its a bloody joke when less than 5 miles down the road is probably the richest club in the world.... :angry:

IMO there shoud be a levy on all transfers and this money go into a trust fund that should be available for clubs like stockport, who are in danger of going out of business..the system would need some protocols and strong management to succeed.

I voted no because I disagree with the principle of this really wouldn't feel right to be picking over the carcus of another club. Plus if Latics went under god forbid then the chances are I would support the pheonix club that would no doubt rise in the deepest depth of the north west counties league and I have no doubt most county fans will do the same can't see many of them converting to us offer or not.

I voted no because I disagree with the principle of this really wouldn't feel right to be picking over the carcus of another club. Plus if Latics went under god forbid then the chances are I would support the pheonix club that would no doubt rise in the deepest depth of the north west counties league and I have no doubt most county fans will do the same can't see many of them converting to us offer or not.

YEp 100% agree, the phoenix club all the way.

Although my head says no issue with offering them a deal on a season ticket, my heart says that would actually offend any County fan.

If the boot were on the other foot, I'd think they were mercenary, expoiting the situation, and it woudl actually make me hate them. So counter productuve.

No harm in advertinging out games in the Stocky area, something subtle, but notthing blatant.

Edited by singe

No harm in offering it too them Lags, however with a large contingency having City/ United as their second team I personally feel that the 2 said team's armchair fans will increase by 500 on each side.

No harm in offering it too them Lags, however with a large contingency having City/ United as their second team I personally feel that the 2 said team's armchair fans will increase by 500 on each side.

I honestly cannot see any County fan having City as a second team. Bloody hell no.

I honestly cannot see any County fan having City as a second team. Bloody hell no.

I know a few who have City as their second team. And they would never support Latics... We could offer them our ST discount - at least it will give them a laugh in these dark times (for them)! :lol:

No way are any Stockport fans coming to watch us...

If Oldham ever went bankrupt I would pack in following a team but if I was to choose another team I would imagine I would go for Man United, City or Liverpool over Stockport, Rochdale or some other similar side after years of watching lower league tripe. If you are going to follow a club with little connection to yourself locally then you are going to follow it for glory seeking purposes I would imagine. Plus I can imagine the number of active clubs going dramatically down in years to come.

Edited by oafc0000

id much rather the club try to get back its own lost fans rather than go cap in hand to another clubs fans offering them deals to become a fan....

you honestly think any of them would???

nobody would give a stuff if we went tits up again,and i certainly wouldnt want to follow any other team....to me if you can switch allegence so quickly then your not a real fan in the first place.

Is there much difference from that fan to the likes of those who boosted our numbers at Everton?

We barely could manage over 5,000 for a home game but magically took 5,500 to Everton....yet people say to anyone who has a pop at the gloryhunting hangers on who don't give much of a toss about us, only when it suits when we're moderately successful, "well, it's money in the club, we need all the fans we can get, they have a choice, they come back and you want to snear at them etc etc etc"....so based on your theory, would a converting County fan who becomes a Latics ST holder and wants to support and cheer us on be any different to the likes we have "supporting" us anyway???

Not saying I agree or disagree with your point about them not being a real fan but in some ways, I'd possibly see them more of a fan than the gloryhunters who are the 1st to moan and then disappear and leave us in the :censored: when it suits!

Edited by boundaryblue80

County record name and address of every ticket buyer.

There will be a list of OL post codes on that database. Mine is one of them.

If the business was ever wound up then I'm sure the liquidators would be willing to sell that list.

It would be negligent of Latics not to at least try to boost numbers in those circumstances.

Whether that be through discounted season tickets, free match tickets sent through the post or some other method would doubtless be an opportunity for Guy the marketing guy to exploit.