MK Dons Post Game Thread

Tranmere only need to win the next game and us to lose to be dragged back in the mess.

The same Tranmere that just got dicked 3-0 at home to Wycombe (before anyone says the same one that beat Norwich...by all accounts, they beat Norwich with 12 men, a couple of pens vs the Canaries 10 men)....

None of those in the bottom 4 will get more than 47pts....relaaaaaaaax!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned (M6 closure!) :ranting:

A good point gained, could have won with better finishing. Most glaring miss by Powel when unmarked in the box but failed to connect with excellent cross by Deano.

Bossed the midfield in large parts - most of the first half and towards the end of the second. MK did come back into the game in the second, after substitutions, but defence was solid, and other than one good save, Flahaven had little to do. Strangely ineffective Dons side, with end-of-season feel to it. We were much more committed, Deano ran his socks off when he came on for Joe, who wasn't at all happy being subbed, but his movements were dire so Penny took him off quite rightly. Again Greegs and Rubes won every header. Lewis had good movements, esp in the second half when he took more advanced position in a 442 after 451 in the first. But Dons centre halfs were good, and Clayton Ince in good form, so we had few clear chances.

Definitely a chance for more points at Carlisle.

The same Tranmere that just got dicked 3-0 at home to Wycombe (before anyone says the same one that beat Norwich...by all accounts, they beat Norwich with 12 men, a couple of pens vs the Canaries 10 men)....

None of those in the bottom 4 will get more than 47pts....relaaaaaaaax!!!

This statement does not allow for the unpredictability of football. :grin:

For instance, Leyton Orient beating Norwich!

This statement does not allow for the unpredictability of football. :grin:

For instance, Leyton Orient beating Norwich!

Norwich are really starting to pi ss me off.Lost to tranmere the other week and now lose to another of our rivals.

Useless tosers.

If it was tactical with Colbeck then this is the second time I can remember Penney has made an example of Colbeck , subbing him at an odd time,

surely if it was tactical why not do it at HT then he doesnt have the embarrassment of trudging off in front of everyone ?

If it was tactical with Colbeck then this is the second time I can remember Penney has made an example of Colbeck , subbing him at an odd time,

surely if it was tactical why not do it at HT then he doesnt have the embarrassment of trudging off in front of everyone ?

OS says

"Latics made their first substitution in the 35th minute when Deane Smalley replaced Joe Colbeck who did not appear to be injured."

It is odd. Then again, so was paying 65k <_<

Colbeck threw his drinks bottle to the ground as he reached the bench last night. When he was leaving the pitch, the players on the field made a big point in "hugging " him as he left.

MK were there for the taking last night but I'm very happy with a point and would have gladly settled for that before the game.

On Saturday, for the first time this season I had that feeling we would win. I also really expected us to get at least a draw last night. Perhaps a corner has been turned?

Just a word on the seats at MK. Loads of leg room and they were padded. Best seats in the league.

Quality rather than quantity amongst the Latics faithful, estimated at 180. Not one moan was heard about the team, but plenty of moans about the biting cold wind in a bleak bowl of a stadium with comfy seats.

Abbott missed two sitters from brilliant crosses, one in each half, for which other strikers would have been crucified.

At the end it was good to see every player make the effort to come over to our corner to applaud the standing ovation they were receiving.

Didn't go so cannot comment on this specific occassion, but in general if its not working at 35 minutes I am happy for a manager to make a change then and get it right for the next 10 minutes rather than risk the result to save a player some short term embarressment that will be forgotton quickly enough.

As for £65k and the cost on Andy Ritchie....to be fair you do need to take into account the change in football finances, but I'd agree JC whilst OK doesn't seem to justify a transfer fee at the moment (plenty of similar players go for nowt)

Just listened to Penney's interview after the game. He took Colbeck off because he wasn't holding the ball up well enough and Smalley was raring to go. I expect Smalley will start on saturday instead of Colbeck.

For whatever reason Penney doesn't rate Colbeck enough. He's got another year on his contract but if Penney keeps dropping him like this he might want to move him on?

Chris O'Grady-Kieran Lee-John Sheridan Syndrome.

I’ll take the COG example. Sheridan chased him, scouted him and bought him – then for whatever reasons; didn’t play him & farmed him out. Was a very strange situation that.

But pretty sure that Sheridan wasn’t responsible for KL being brought to the club – I’m told by my reliable source that it was Corney playing Football Manager for real; who sanctioned the deal & brought KL to the club.

As for JC; well – who knows – maybe DP is disappointed that JC isn’t the player he thought he was / hasn’t developed in the way he expected since his loan at Darlington? Who knows – but to be subbed off pre-half without injury twice is a pretty unenviable stat to have on your season’s CV.

I personally dont think JC is a bad player - I think the problems all stem from the cold; hard fact that we paid a fee for him which is what erks people.

I’ll take the COG example. Sheridan chased him, scouted him and bought him – then for whatever reasons; didn’t play him & farmed him out. Was a very strange situation that.

But pretty sure that Sheridan wasn’t responsible for KL being brought to the club – I’m told by my reliable source that it was Corney playing Football Manager for real; who sanctioned the deal & brought KL to the club.

As for JC; well – who knows – maybe DP is disappointed that JC isn’t the player he thought he was / hasn’t developed in the way he expected since his loan at Darlington? Who knows – but to be subbed off pre-half without injury twice is a pretty unenviable stat to have on your season’s CV.

I personally dont think JC is a bad player - I think the problems all stem from the cold; hard fact that we paid a fee for him which is what erks people.

From what I've seen of JC this season he doesnt look a bad player, just someone who woud thrive on confidence. At times he looks like a rabbit caught in headlights and wishing the ground would swallow him up. When however he is playing with a bit of confidence (there were flashes against Wycombe away especially) he can give full backs a torrid time. IMO he needs time away somewhere else to play regulary and get some of that said confidence back. It may or may not work but he could come back a better player for it.

Norwich are really starting to pi ss me off.Lost to tranmere the other week and now lose to another of our rivals.

Useless tosers.

I couldn't agree more and for this they deserve another season with us............................Here's praying they get caught :lol:

If Smalley doesn't start on the weekend you have to wonder if current form plays a part.

Joe was pap. That's why he was taken off. The only thing that mystified me was why Casper didn't follow him. Not sure he hit a ball correctly thte whole game.

Thought :censored:, Lee and Guy all had good games, along with the obvious Gregan.

I'd rather Colbeck stuck it out here rather than being loaned out. It's not as if he's not used, and if he can do it at this level then next season should prove it one way or another.