Post Game Thread: Southampton

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fantastic point away from home, 8 days i go i was expecting us to be languishing a point or two above relegation, but 3 fantastic away performances and 4 more points than most of us could have hoped/expected. I hear about 300 Latics made the trip tonight, well done lads and Penney i have knocked him all season but he has at least earned his wage over the past 10 days or so

Let's now finish on 60 points.

Can see us going unbeaten now for the last three games even if they are all 0-0 draws.

I just hope that come the summer we build on the glimmer of potential over the last few games with a few choice signings. DP may just prove the majority of us wrong and I'm the first in line for a large slice of humble pie if he does!

KTF

Exeter are under massive pressure when you look at games. Bindippers might escape with 1 win.

True, but I think Exeters battling qualities surprass those of Trannies at the mo. When your fighting for your lives, you need to be taking points from games like brentford away

Fantastic, but heart stopping at times. Does anyone else find it just ateeny bit scary when we obviously set our stall our to defend from the first minute? Bloody great when it works, though :grin:

And if my BBC Sports predictor is accurate, we finish 13th, Dirty Leeds end up 4th :tongue1: Bin Dippers & Exeter both go down with Sarfend. But what do I know.

Well done, boys in blue (well, navy & tangerine) :ktf::dance::bblue2:

Edited by Bristolatic

For the love of god though get Flav signed up!!!!!

What's the situation with his contract at Palace? Plus I think it would help our chances if Palace stayed up as they obviously don't think he's good enough for the Championship

I just hope that come the summer we build on the glimmer of potential over the last few games with a few choice signings. DP may just prove the majority of us wrong and I'm the first in line for a large slice of humble pie if he does!

KTF

I'll have big lump of it as well.

What's the situation with his contract at Palace? Plus I think it would help our chances if Palace stayed up as they obviously don't think he's good enough for the Championship

Out of contract, I believe. Can't fault the lad - sign him up please

We owe you lot one big time :grin:

Massive result for us is that as we all thought Southampton would win up meaning we would need 79 points to guarantee the play offs whichk nowing us we would have fecked up. Now a win at Stockport will seal it

LEGENDS

We owe you lot one big time :grin:

Massive result for us is that as we all thought Southampton would win up meaning we would need 79 points to guarantee the play offs whichk nowing us we would have fecked up. Now a win at Stockport will seal it

LEGENDS

that mean u will take worthington, parker back? :grin:

Looking forward to Saturday now, Where if we beat Southend we relegate them and we will be mathematically safe. Here's to a mid table finish

I still want a 10th position - optimistic yes but its what I wanted at the start of the season - mimmum. greedy aren't I....

C'mon you blues

It's more complicated than that, as they had (and still just about) have Speroni (SP?) who has been absolute quality for them for a couple of years. Add to that that Jordan would have sold the cheese from the mousetraps to get as much out as he could before they went up and it's all a bit different. It might be worth them keeping him on as number 1 next season after Speroni goes and them maybe needing to spend a bit to end his contract if he dropped down to us.

Just got back.

Backs to the wall stuff for most of the match.Would have been cruel if we had lost it.

Eaves put a stint in when he came on.Lee had another sound match.

Saints fans seem to shout handball every time the ball went in our area.

Brilliant following for a Tuesday night.

Did Papa Waigo really miss an open goal?

Too hard to tell being at the other end, did look like one of there players kicked it out of the area for some reason, when right in front of goal though. Still can't believe that double save from Flav's, when he palmed it from the top corner right onto Lamberts head, but luckily went straight back into his hands, thought that was destined to go in, and that free kick he never moved for looked destined for the net.